Kindle Fire and Sunlight Does the Kindle Fire work as well in the sunlight as the Kindle 3G (with keypad)? It doesn't appear to to have the "E-Ink" like the other Kindles and I am curious to know because it would be awesome to have in the car, but not if it becomes unviewable in the sun like my cell phone.
asked by Jesse H. on October 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
Now should we wait until Kindle Fire is 3G?
Denise Carpenter answered on October 2, 2011
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Will the 3G cost with the Fire and so, how much monthly?
raya answered on October 2, 2011
Comment | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Nope. It is a different screen than e-ink.
Pizzamancer answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@stormer. You're aware of the limits on e-ink displays right? The refresh rate on e-ink is way to slow to do anything involving too much motion such as the streaming video and games that are the selling points of the kindle fire. An e-reader is perfectly fine to do with e-ink, but the limited tablet functionality that is being sold in the kindle fire is too much for e-ink to handle.
Kaiden Eterali answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What the heck do you guys want for a buck ninety nine? I view the Fire as an awesome addition to my two Kindle readers, the DX and the smaller one. I'm a happy camper, and as one guy mentioned, I'll just fire up the capability of my X if I need internet support. Color me happy.
Paul K. Tweekrem answered on October 8, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe the fire gives you unlimited cloud storage. I'm on prime already and was using the cloud storage for mp3. Any mp3 you upload doesn't go against your storage. The free cloud makes it VERY nice... example.. I've had to ditch my sdcard 3x on my evo4g due to a corrupted file. It takes a Loooong time to move over 4 gigs of music via usb. I now have it in the cloud and it's on all my devices.. very nice.
stormer answered on October 9, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The only things keeping me from ordering the Kindle Fire are: only 8 gig memory, no SD card slot, you can't go to Android market you can only get aps and videos from Amazon. I would like to be able to download videos I already own.
Evets Nivel answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The only thing holding me back from clicking on purchase is the 3G issue. No 3G on the Fire? Can't be serious...

It will most likely be added in a few months and I will have to upgrade. At least for now I can use my iPhone as a personal hotspot and connect the wifi where ever I am.
Osmany E. Delbrey answered on October 2, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Who cares about color? I want content. I ditched my color deskjet printer years ago and went with black laser. Now I get months of printing verses 3 weeks. I've never looked back. How about a tablet that does everything, but do it in e-ink only so it's readable all the time? Shades of grey, I can live with just fine... if the functionality works the same and it means the battery life is increased.
stormer answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@Kaiden, yeah, but don't really need to do much video or games on it. I'm just thinking of everything I currently do on my evo4g and am satisfied with it. But .. I can't help wishing they would make a tablet that was e-ink only with obvious limitations for video/games, but excellent for browsing content on the internet, reading email, etc. That is what I do 99% of the time. I just want to be able to "see" the thing when riding in a car or in bright sunlight. Just can't do that with really any lcd screen out there. I've already ordered the fire and yesterday I did order a kindle keyboard for my daughter. I just wish they would make a tablet that is visible in bright daylight. I might make mention the samsung googlechrome book does have an excellent super bright display in daylight. (got that for my wife) =)
stormer answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›