Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kindle Fire Tips & Tricks
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$1.99

on February 2, 2012
I've had the Kindle Fire since the first day it was shipped. I had preordered on the first day available. I absolutely love it. After using it and playing around with it since November I purchased this book on Jan 31, 2012. I got so much cool information that I hadn't already stumbled across I was amazed. If you don't buy it at least borrow it. There are 75 tips many of which you can skip over since you already know them from using it. I guarantee you'll find something you didn't know!
22 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
This book is crammed with useful tips. I learned something new in the first five tips. This book may be the bargain of the year on Amazon.

Chapter 1 - Conquering the Keyboard
Chapter 2 - Maximizing Productivity
Chapter 3 - Amazon Silk Browser
Chapter 4 - File Management
Chapter 5 - Email Tips
Chapter 6 - Multimedia
Chapter 7 - Improving Battery Life
Chapter 8 - Advanced Bits & Bytes

The author includes many screenshots to demonstrate tips. The tips themselves are easy to follow.

Overall, a must-have book for any Kindle Fire owner.
0Comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2012
The Kindle Fire Tips & Tricks is a very useful guide. However, if I were to buy it now, I would get the hard copy. After all, when we download the book, we have to be able to use the Kindle to access the guide! This guidebook should be sold along with the Fire for any new purchaser. It begins with the very earliest functions and how to perform them, but even though I thought I knew what I was doing, when the book arrived, I discovered there were ways to use the virtual keyboard that I hadn't even thought of. So I am still learning advanced Fire functions. I now have two guidebooks for the Fire, and this is the best for "keystroke at a time" learning. What I'm doing now is expanding my use of the Fire. I have my email access codes set up, and I can order or search for items while waiting for lunch somewhere. I can even begin an article by keying notes to myself. Soon I'll have all my appointments on the Fire and rather than carry a hard copy Daytimer calendar, I'll have it all on the Fire for instant access or update. I highly recommend this guidebook.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2012
I thought I might learn something I didn't know about my Kindle Fire. I guess I could have written this because if you have an Android smart phone you know everything that it in this book. On the other hand if you don't and are getting frustrated with your KF then buy this book.
55 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2012
I have 3 "help" books for my Fire and this is the most useful. The Table of Contents has 8 chapters and there are 75 "tips". There are graphics so you can easily see what your screen should look like. The author covers everything from the basics to more advanced tasks with video, email, and the Web. This is the book that I use most often and it is always easy to find exactly what I am looking for. I highly recommend it.
on May 7, 2012
I haven't finished the book yet. I had a couple of the download version for working with the fire but having the book makes it much nicer for an old timer with limited computer savy. I should have bought this one first. very easy to read and follow
on September 17, 2012
Anyone playing around with the thing for an hour will find these things out anyway. Also, if you purchased kindle fire HD, a lot of this stuff just don't work as described.
on July 5, 2012
This is good for anyone who wants to be able to use the KF more like a Tablet than just a reader. It is straightforward and easy to understand. Newbies and experienced users will like this book. wish it also came as a paperback with each device.
on March 21, 2012
I have been trying to decide which Kindle Fire book to borrow since I first bought my Fire and received a free month of Prime. This one caught my eye even though it only had two reviews. Those reviews were stellar, and I am always one to like to learn the machines I use. As another reviewer stated, if you cannot find some good shortcuts or tips that are useful in this book then you do not need a book....you already know it all. I highly recommend this book for the extra shortcuts for using your Fire. I found another one that took me through the basics, and read that one first. This book is well worth the $1.99 to buy, but if you can borrow for free then even better!
on December 29, 2012
I downloaded this mainly out of curiosity that I might be missing some hidden gem in my Kindle Fire HE 8.9". I'm not.

If you're like me and head straight to the Settings icon whenever you buy a new gadget, there's nothing here that you haven't already learned by following your own nerd impulses. This is not to say this isn't a valuable resource... it's probably just a lot more valuable for someone who's never spent time with a smartphone, iPod or other bit of consumer electronic candy.

The writing is very clear, congenial, and (as advertised) jargon-free. I did pull a few good tidbits off the bone - splitting the keyboard and forcing stop on frozen apps, to name a couple - but for the most part, this is meant chiefly for tech newbies.

Lesson learned, and since I've already recommended the new Kindle Fire to my mom, I'll be sure to include this too.