- Product Dimensions: 0.1 x 5.1 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- ASIN: B005S1CYO6
- Item model number: KFSP13
- Average Customer Review: 611 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 1, 2011
Kindle Fire anti-glare Screen Protector
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Fits Kindle Fire
- Includes 2 Kindle Fire ANTI-GLARE screen protectors and microfiber cleaning cloth
- Ultra-precise fit - covers right to the edges of the display
- Scratch resistant, military grade protection
- Installation tabs for easy, precise alignment and application
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Manufacturer
Kindle Fire Anti-Glare Screen Protector 2-Pack with Cleaning Cloth by Marware - Lifetime Warranty
The Marware Anti-Glare Screen Protector guards your Kindle Fire display against scratches and reduces glare in brightly-lit environments. Precisely cut to cover the entire display perfectly, the Anti-Glare Screen Protector shields your Kindle Fire display from dirt, dust, or foreign objects. In addition, it's durable, removable, scratch-resistant, and cleanable. As an added bonus, you get a microfiber cleaning cloth, an applicator for removing bubbles, and an extra Anti-Glare Screen Protector - just in case you need it. Enjoy your favorite book or movie inside or outside on your Kindle Fire - even when it's bright out - with the Marware Anti-Glare Screen Protector.
Anti-glare screen protectors can produce a slight blurring effect in certain lighting conditions. This occurs with all anti-glare screen protector brands. This effect is caused by the frosted texture of the anti-glare material, the same texturing that reduces reflective glare. The Marware Anti-Glare Screen Protector is designed for the user who wants scratch protection and to eliminate the glare from their display in bright situations/environments. A clear version is also available.
- The screen protector is sandwiched between two pieces of clear plastic to keep it clean - referenced by Tab 1 (covering adhesive side) and Tab 2 (covering the top side).
- You may remove the plastic that protects the adhesive side (Tab 1) either all at once or while you're lowering the screen protector onto the device - but be aware that the sooner you remove it the more likely you are to have dust or particles on the adhesive, which may show through once you install the protector.
- Be sure to align the screen protector exactly with the Kindle Fire display, starting from one end of the device and slowly lowering and applying it to the screen, little by little.
- Avoid placing it down on the device all at once - this increases the likelihood that it won't align or that you'll get air or dust bubbles.
- The slower you go, the better your alignment will be - time, concentration, and a steady hand are your friends in this process.
- Avoid touching anything but the sides or top of the protector during installation - touching the underside (where the adhesive is) may leave dirt, oils, or smudges that won't be possible to remove later.
- If you encounter air bubbles after you've aligned the protector, work them out slowly towards the outside of the film with the applicator (included) - it may take several attempts to complete.
- Any dust or dirt particles trapped under the film may be difficult or impossible to remove once installed.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
1. Non-glare screen protectors work by employing a non-smooth surface that refracts light in multiple directions, resulting in less glare. That is exactly what this product does, which is especially appreciated when you are doing concentrated reading.
2. Because of the surface characteristics, a non-glare screen protector will slightly blur and soften the display. That happens with this product, but it is an inherent characteristic of ALL glare reduction screen protectors.
3. Anti-glare screen protectors will show fingerprints, dirt and smudges more than the unadorned display. This is an inherent characteristic of ALL anti-glare screen protectors. You need to have a screen cleaning cloth available (provided with this product) and use it more often than you would if you didn't have a non-glare protector.
3. You have to be very careful in applying the protector because anything between the protector and the screen will be visible (such as lint or air bubbles). You need to take your time in applying the product (do it very carefully and slowly and DO NOT touch the adhesive surface). Start with a perfectly clean screen. Rub out the bubbles with the supplied tool immediately. Align it carefully and do not remove the top mask until it is firmly in place and the bubbles have been removed.
4. You do not need a screen protector unless you want anti-glare qualities. The Fire screen is made of a Corning glass product called Gorilla glass. It is very tough and is almost impossible to scratch or otherwise damage. Read more ›
Get the clear version of this screen protector Kindle Fire Clear Screen Protector 2-Pack with Cleaning Cloth by Marware - Lifetime Warranty
My hat is off to Amazon customer service. They are outstanding! (I rate them higher than 5 stars). I was not happy with the anti-glare verson of this screen saver because it slightly distorted the text. I also had installation problems. Amazon immediately replaced my anti-glare screen saver with the clear version. Amazon has now posted step-by-step instructions and a video on the product page that walks you through the installation process. I found these instructions to be very helpful.
I really like the clear screen saver. Once you have it installed you don't even notice that its there. It doesn't diminish the beautiful clarity of the Kindle Fire screen in any way. It does the job - protects the Kindle's glass screen without any distortion.
Installing it took a little time. I suggest that you read the instructions on the product page and watch the video. Be sure to clean the screen well before installing. Most importantly - make sure there is no dust on the screen because even a small particle of dust will cause an air bubble. The screen protector is cut to fit perfectly so take your time aligning it (I had to fiddle with this a little). Once its on correctly, work any air bubbles out using the little plastic tool included with the kit. They do give you an extra screen protector in the package in case you mess up and get dust under the protector (which can be almost impossible to get rid of).
Some other reviewers mention that the plastic tool included in the kit scratched the screen protector. I did not experience this. Read more ›
In the meantime, we've added some installation tips to the Product Details section which might help.
Installation went flawlessly as these types of protectors go. Clean surface, keep dust away, use squeegee, and perfect install. When I peeled off the top protective layer to reveal the protector's surface, however, it all went down hill.
It has a matte-type feel to the surface. It's not a pure, clear film. At first, I thought this might reduce reflections or fingerprints, but this is simply not the case. It picks up fingerprints quite a bit (enough to be distracting), and glares show up quite a bit. If this was the only issue, it wouldn't be quite bad. I mean, it kinda feels nicer to the touch (fingers glide a lot more smoothly) than on a bare screen, personally.
However, the worst part is that when I turned my Kindle on, I realized it was the kind of protector that rainbows. If you've used a variety of screen protectors in the past, you may know what this means. It especially stands out when the screen is white. Instead of a clean white background, you see traces of reds, greens, blues (yes - all the colors that make up white) instead. As other reviewers point out, this makes it incredibly difficult to read text, and some images look down-right awful.
I thought I couldn't go wrong with a peel type - they're usually better than wet-install types (they usually are terrible with the "orange peel" effects), but I most certainly didn't expect something of this grade at this price. Read more ›
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Electronics > Computers & Accessories > Tablet Accessories > Bags, Cases & Sleeves
- Electronics > Computers & Accessories > Tablet Accessories > Screen Protectors
- Electronics > eBook Readers & Accessories > Covers
- Electronics > eBook Readers & Accessories > Screen Protectors
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Fire Tablet Accessories > Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation) Accessories > Screen Protectors