Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Kindle Fire- 3G anytime soon?? Will there be a Kindle Fire with 3G anytime soon? everything that the Fire has is perfect, but I need to have 3G!
asked by C. Detloff on October 1, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
I would imagine so, eventually. It's good for the company (as far as money is concerned) to release the basic Wi-Fi Kindle Fire and then release one with 3G at a later date. Don't expect this 3G to be free like the others though. The Kindle Fire does so much more than the other Kindle's and would use much more data. I can't imagine Amazon fronting the bill for hundreds of thousands of 3G devices like the Fire.
mossman answered on October 12, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really need the 3G. I want the Kindle Fire but I would be willing to buy the Nook Color if it comes out with 3G first... (tap, tap, tap)
MsTristesse answered on October 20, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just got tired of waiting. Wi-Fi is a connection too slow for me, so I don't plan to have it anytime soon. I already have my 3g connection for my iphone. So, I'm finally dumping the idea of getting a Kindle Fire and move on to an ipad. Sad. :-/
Amazon Customer answered on February 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sooo tempted to buy Kindle Fire. But because it is not 3G, I hesitate.
V. Centeno answered on March 14, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Prime offers thousands of movies & shows thy you can download via wifi. But you can put stuff onto the cloud and access that from your.kindle fire. I really wish it were 3g though!
Nicole Aroksaar answered on February 11, 2012

A
That's exactly how I feel. I love the Kindle Fire. BUt, it needs 3G capabilities. Then, i'll buy
Mercedes Samudio, LCSW answered on March 15, 2012

A
Note to the Amazon folks: WHEN IS THE KINDLE FIRE 3G COMING OUT????
Amazon Customer answered on March 30, 2012

A
I so agree with mossman.
Amazon Customer answered on October 19, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How does Prime membership fit in? Is that like 3G?
K Ludwig answered on November 7, 2011

A
I have a kindle keyboard 3G and am getting a Fire for things that the 3G can't do well- Magazine subscriptions, Video, MP3s. I am going to use the keyboard one for books (seeing as I love the e-ink way better than a touchscreen read). I couldn't pass up on a 200.00 tablet for streaming video and music ;)
J. Juliano answered on November 13, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product