3,658
Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire, Black (will not fit HD or HDX models)
Color Name: BlackChange
Price:$8.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

1,379 of 1,510 people found the following review helpful
on November 28, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Very glad I opted for this cover. It feels sturdy and has a few more features than some of the cheaper types of Kindle Fire covers. As you see in the video, it has the built in ability to be utilized as a stand for watching videos etc. I really like the inner strap- there are 2- one on the outside and one on the interior flap. The thicker, and tighter or more taut inside flap can be used when you are holding the Kindle in your hand, and you have the cover folded back so as to expose the screen of the device. It really makes quite a difference as opposed to just walking around and holding the kindle in your hands alone. It feels much more secure with your hand wedged in that strap. I had been using the cardboard box insert that came with the Fire , propped up, as a way to view videos before this cover arrived, and this is certainly a much better way to prop up and view the device. I suppose that the price of $44.99 is a bit high,and initially I was leaning toward the $29.99 range covers, but I think its worth it in the long run, and certainly when you see what else is being offered and negatively reviewed for just $10. - $15.00 less than this. I'm glad I waited for reviews- thanks everyone for those, by the way. I'm very happy with this purchase.
review image review image review image
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,285 of 1,444 people found the following review helpful
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
It feels nice to hold, and looks sorta slick. The little grippers feel solid, I'm hoping the Fire will fill out the bit of give my 3g has in the case though. Like was said, it's not exactly nice leather, in fact I'm not entirely convinced it's real leather, but the case does have a fairly dense padding feel to it like it would absorb a good amount in a drop. Also, all the corners are covered with the hardest padding, which is important. As for the folding display feature, it's less... what's the word... mechanical, I guess, than I would hope. It's more zen and the art of bending the cover. It's rather loosely held in that position relying on the friction between the bottom of the kindle and the padding. The case is fairly rigid, even in the crease so hopefully it'll loosen up in time, but this is a far-cry from the nifty iPad magnetic cover display. This is also far from cheap, it's actually fairly expensive, then again, all of your options are. I look at it this way, is it worth $15 more dollars than the overpriced and mostly featureless pouch, yeah, probably. I mean you need to protect your investment right? It's a judgement call, with a cover, without a cover, plain jane pouch or this folding leather cover, I feel like they all leave you in about the same point of value. I mean $45 would go a long way towards replacing the fire even if it means a reduced lifetime.

Update (after receiving the fire):
1. The Kindle Fire fits very snugly, much better than my 3G, so that makes me happy. But you don't need to wrench on it by any means to get it in the case, the screen isn't in any danger, at least not in mine.
2. The hand strap is convenient and comfortable
3. At first I thought it was weird that the strap favored left handed people, then I realized that if you spin the kindle 180 degrees, it does either, power to the ambidextrous.
4. The extra weight of the fire over my 3G also proves the stand system to be better than I originally suspected. I shook the table a bit to see if the fire would slide or fall while upright, but it held in place more than well enough for any bumps or shakes a table might get under normal conditions.
5. Don't get me wrong, it's still an expensive case, but I at least feel somewhat better about it. In the absence of other alternatives, it's probably better than nothing. Ultimately, it feels protected.
6. I'd upgrade it to 3.5 STARS but I still hesitate to give it four because of the price.

Update Again (I dropped it)
The day came, I finally dropped my kindle, and of course it had to be on pavement. It landed on a corner but thankfully sustained no damage and the kindle didn't even shut off from the jarring, so I'm plenty happy with that. Also, I've been appreciating the finer details of the case more and more as of late. I think it's time about time I went four stars.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 18, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I read through the reviews placed when this shipped, a few days to a week before the Fire actually shipped. People were already blasting it and going on about how it wasn't worth the cost.

When my Fire arrived and I put this case on it (actually, my 8 year-old put it on without looking at the instructions), I felt it was nothing but solid. A perfect fit, did exactly what it was advertised to do. Will it totally protect the Fire if I drop it? I doubt it, but that remains to be seen. Not sure I would want to carry around a case that could totally protect this if dropped.

Could it be a few dollars cheaper? Sure. What couldn't? It seems to be very well built, not hard on the eyes or hands and it does exactly what it was purported to do.

What more could you ask for?
on November 19, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I also bought the "Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, Graphite". Do yourself a favor if you are on the fence between the two, and buy this one. The MicroShell is no comparison. For those that say this leather if cheap, I am not sure that they understand what quality leather is. The leather is very nice, and the construction of this case is solid. It protects well, appears well built, and in my opinion, is worth every penny.

Pros:
-Fits like a glove
-Very nice quality
-Built in handstrap is awesome, and functions well
-Corner tabs hold the Fire in tight
-Stand works (unlike the MicroShell)

Cons:
-One of the tabs partially covers the speaker, although I do not notice a huge reduction in sound volume or quality
-A very strong volatile organic compound (VOC) odor, which is likely from the manufacturing process

I will update this review after I have had it for a longer period of time, but so far it is a great product.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 17, 2011
Color Name: BrownVerified Purchase
I don't know why others are saying such negative things about this product, I really think it does exactly what one might expect. It also made me feel much more secure holding my fire. For those that seemed to have trouble installing it or may have damaged it during the installation, or that couldn't figure out how to get the kindle to stand using the cases intended function, all I can assume is the ignored the directions included, which don't require you to even read. Yes, its a bit pricey, but I am happy knowing that my kindle is safer and it looks pretty smart also. I purchased the brown cover and cheaply made isn't how id describe it. Good cover, easy to use if you heed the inscructions included.
Color Name: BrownVerified Purchase
I wanted a case that doubled as a stand and this fit the bill. Other option is the hard shell case which didn't appeal to me. The leather is nice enough, looks relatively elegant. The whole thing is a little thicker than I would have liked but then again so is the Fire. The Kindle snaps right in easily and is quite secure. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to make it into a stand (it's not obvious AT ALL) but you have to look at the picture carefully. You need to un-snap one corner of the Fire from the case and rest it on the interior cover like the picture. It's not very intuitive but it works fine. It's a bit limited in angles you can use but it will be fine I think. Overall I like the case. Not love, but like. It came very quickly -- one day shipping even though I did not pay for it.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 17, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
The overall feel and material of this cover seems to be of good quality. It is soft to the touch and doesn't add too much bulk to the Kindle Fire. But that's where the positives end. The cons far outweigh the pros -

1. It is WAAAY overpriced at $45
2. The tabs that hold the Kindle Fire in place keep slipping out often. I have to keep pushing them back on the device, but they barely cover it from the top. It's not a secure fit at all.

I also bought the Kindle Fire MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, Graphite which I like much better. It is cheaper and a better fit. However, it doesn't provide very good protection to the screen (the top flap is too thin). I am also considering the splash SIGNATURE Folio Leather Case Cover Fits Amazon Kindle FIRE Tablet with Stand (Black) which seems to be cheaper and appears to offer the best protection among covers that I have researched so far. For now, I am sticking with the Marware MicroShell. Will try the Splash cover if I think the lack of protection with the Marware case is too much of a concern for me.

For this Marware Leather cover, I think I would pass. The Marware MicroShell is a better and cheaper option, otherwise the Splash would probably be good too, though I haven't tried that yet.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 28, 2011
Color Name: BrownVerified Purchase
I pre ordered the kindle fire along with this cover. I started seeing a couple of negative reviews with this particular case that I got worried I made a bad call. I just ordered the case based on the price figuring it SHOULD be a good case considering the price. It turns out I had nothing to worry about.

Pros:
- The case feels and smells like real leather. It has a nice premium feel to it.
- The marware logo is small and on one of the corners (letting the case speak for itself rather than having a large logo showing)
- Allows access to the charging port even when the case is closed (although this part is obvious from the pictures)
- The stitching is even and very well made (as you would expect for a case that costs almost USD 50)
- The case kindle fire can be inserted with the flap on either the left or right side (a plus for lefties like me living in a predominantly right handed world)
- The inner lining is padded and made of a suede like material with a hand strap.
- The kindle fire fits into my back jeans pocket even with the case on (I'm a big guy though, so I have big jeans with big pockets so YRMV)
- It was relatively easy to get the tablet in without too much force (if you are having a hard time slotting it in, you're doing it wrong)

Cons
- The price - it is on the expensive side, considering the tablet inside costs only USD 200
- One of the clamps appears to cover about half of one of the speakers (but i guess you'll use head phones so it doesn't really matter and it doesn't seem to affect the volume of the device)

May be a Pro or Con for you depending on your taste
- The flap does not have a locking mechanism, magnet or latch to keep the front flap closed. There is an elastic band on the back that keeps the flap in place much like a moleskine notebook. (I love my moleskines and kinda like the look on it in the case.

I figured I'd buy a good quality case even though it is expensive rather than go through 5 USD10 cases! I love my kindle fire and it was a good investment to buy a good case for it since I see myself using it a lot after I got to side load my essential android apps on it. So despite the cons I am still giving it a 5 star rating since firstly, I was prepared to pay a premium price for a premium case, and that is what I got. Secondly, the case has an elegant look to it although most importantly, it does not affect nor impair the function of the kindle fire.

---UPDATE---
A possible con for some, the inner part of the flap smudges and spreads whatever finger prints you may have left on the screen as it is in direct contact with it. Although the display of the kindle fire is really good and you can't see the marks when the screen is on, I can see how it may frustrate a neat freak. I do have oily hands since I live in a humid country so again, YRMV.
Color Name: BrownVerified Purchase
I have a 3G kindle, I bought a lighted leather cover for the same price $45. This one looks and feels cheap, I will be returning it. I would suggest waiting for better and more choices, perhaps buy a cheap one for now.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
As others have mentioned, the "stand" will probably not impress most users initially. It isn't obvious how it works, and your first impression might be disappointment -- mine was. However, once i took the time to go over the included illustration, I ended up being fairly happy with how the cover works as a stand. There's very little room for adjustment of the viewing angle, but it is sufficient for me, and it provides a stable surface for the Kindle, in my opinion. The inside strap for securing the opened cover to your hand for one handed reading feels like it will add a bit of stability for users who are interested in that functionality. The leather isn't of the highest quality, however, I think some of the comments have been a little harsh in this regard. It is overpriced by $15 in my opinion, which is why I'd give this 3.5 stars if I could.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations