5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Cover
Published on June 24, 2011 by Maggie

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with External Strap
Published on June 6, 2011 by ~Charlene

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with External Strap, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Kindle Leather Cover, Burgundy Red, Updated Design (Fits Kindle Keyboard) - Like New Condition (Accessory)
I purchased this cover in Burgandy Red approximately six months ago and LOVED IT until 2 days ago. The elastic has broken inside the external strap making the strap pretty much useless now. I don't know if I should cut it off completely or tie a knot in it to try and shorten it up. This was just from normal wear - nothing excessive, so I don't know if I just got a bad one or what. I really do like this cover, its very classy looking, but hate the thought of spending another $35 on something that may only last six months. So I give the cover itself 5 stars but the strap gets a 1.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what you think, September 27, 2011
The cover itself is really nice and I liked the fact it opens like a book. However, the metal clips that holds the kindle in short circuits my kindle a lot. It makes my kindle freeze and sometimes I can't get it to turn on. When I take the kindle out of the cover (which takes some tugging - worried about snapping the kindle), and recharge the kindle, the kindle works fine with no trouble. So, as nice as this book cover is, the metal clips might cause you kindle to not work properly half of the time. Go with another type of cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Cover, June 24, 2011
This looks exactly like the Kindle cover I received with my Kindle as a Christmas gift. However, I was having a problem with my Kindle where it would not go on even though it had been charged and had plenty of battery left. When I spoke with your technician, he offered to send me another cover since some customers had experienced this problem with their original cover. This new cover has not given me any problems. It looks the same as the first one which is very attractive. It protects my Kindle and is easy to use. I chose the burgundy color which is easy to find in my bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Case, July 15, 2011
I ordered this at the time I purchased my kindle because I knew I wanted some protection and amazon was offering a discount for Father's Day. I am very happy with the product and feel it is a good value for the price.

This product was offered in many vibrant colors and upon delivery, I was happy to see the color (I purchased burgundy) is exactly as it appears on the website. The kindle fit inside easily and the inside of the cover is extremely soft (gray). I have been using my kindle non-stop for the last month since it's delivery and this case has held up beautifully.

A friend of mine has a similar case (that she paid more for) that offers a pocket on the inside front cover. While this product does not offer a pocket, I don't feel that I'm missing out. The pocket wouldn't hold much more than an id or credit card, which I'm more comfortable holding in my pocket anyway.

I am happy with my selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover, pick your color, June 28, 2011
I got a cover just like this for my wife when I bought her a Kindle 2 for Christmas. Now I bought this cover for my Kindle 3 (wife returned the favor for Father's Day). The cover is a little more muted than the red that I thought it was, more blood red than lipstick red (which is fine since I'm a dude). It couldn't be any easier to clip the Kindle into the case. They've totally learned from Apple how to package their products. The whole experience: ease of use, clear directions, unpacking ease and beauty, simple product but highly effective at accomplishing its purpose, lightweight. This isn't super fancy or composed of supple leather like a more expensive Cole Haan case. Great bang for the buck. The right case for a great product. Can't say much more than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Leather Cover, July 15, 2011
Robust and good quality. A nice finish and colour. The expanding cord to keep it closed is simple and functional, so far [only a month old, to date]; I hope it has the same service life as the case itself.

The only niggle is that the spine provides a very stiff springy hinge; the result - a hefty paper weight is needed to keep it open on the table. A solution is simply to take the Kindle out of its case, negating the purpose of the case. The product might be redesigned with a more flexible hinge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, don't take your Kindle without this, June 27, 2011
Great thing about the Kindle is the sharp display, thin and very light body. Although actually robust, the Kindle feels delicate in your heart which you want to protect. I chose a red cover to make it visible, just in case someone doesn't sit on it next morning, if left it in the couch after reading all night!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, June 19, 2011
Jillyn (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I love this cover. It's low profile, but still provides good protection, and the hinge system is ideal. My only complaint...I wish it had a card holder. My Cole Haan cover has a card holder in the front. I leave one of my business cards in it in case I should ever misplace the Kindle. Even better, when I travel with it my room key card fits in the pocket so I can just cary the Kindle when I go to the pool or hotel restaurants. It's so close to perfect. I hope they add the pocket in the next design update!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great cover until the elastic snapped off, April 20, 2012
Cover was in perfect condition, except for the fact that the elastic detached from it, so now it flops open constantly. And Amazon says it is outside the 30 day return window so I'm SOL. What a waste of 35 bucks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, March 20, 2012
I went for a long time without a cover for my Kindle. I finally broke down and bought this one. I love the color. I was surprised as to how tight my Kindle fits in the cover, so I never have to worry about it falling out. I like the elastic that easily moves when I open it or close it. It fits my Kindle perfectly and gives me that feeling of holding a book. The cover is leather, so I feel comfortable that it will last. I even bought my husband an identical black one for Christmas. The price is much better than other covers, so in all, I am extremely pleased.