Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kindle Leather Cover, Chocolate Brown (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 3, 2010
I just received my new Kindle cover (within the past hour) and my first reaction to it is to write a positive review. I am both frugal and a cynic by nature and so I always look for reasons to NOT buy products I am interested in. I like to check out the 1 star reviews on Amazon first, perhaps hoping that I will be dissuaded from making a purchase. That was almost what happened when I checked out the Kindle cover reviews. I was concerned about comments that the cover caused cracking in the Kindle's plastic casing. I am glad that I ignored those reviews and bought the cover anyway. The cover fits on the Kindle very nicely, if you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX!!! My Kindle has has not cracked, and I don't expect it to in the future because I will FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE BOX and will only open the cover from the front! Holding the Kindle inside its cover is like holding a physical book. I love it!
on August 22, 2010
The Kindle Leather Cover is a simple, but elegant design, that provides protection for your Kindle. The cover's hooks slide easily into the slots on the side of the Kindle and are secure. It is very well made and the leather exterior seems to be a good quality. The felt interior keeps the Kindle screen from being scratched when you carry it with you. I would recommend the Kindle Leather Cover to a friend.
on July 27, 2010
This Kindle cover is well designed. It is nice to have a strap which holds the cover closed. When reading I fold the cover back behind the Kindle and slip my hand through the strap to help hold the Kindle when reading one-handed. The chocolate cover is a nice warm brown, great for curling up on the couch with on a cloudy day.
on July 30, 2010
This is a nice looking case which clips to the Kindle so stays on while using the device. However, the case fits more like a book's slipcover and does not provide protection on three sides of the Kindle. I have found it is easy to accidently bump the power switch and thus unknowingly drain battery power.
on July 22, 2010
love the cover,feels like a book in your hands and really protects the kindle.
good feel to leather.
on January 13, 2011
I received a Kindle for Christmas with this attractive brown leather cover. I had nothing but problems with it from day one with power issues, the pages not synching to where I left off, not being able to wake it up and needing to constantly reboot it. Amazon sent me a new Kindle last week and I have the same issues! This time, customer service told me the problem with both was this COVER due to the metal hinges that hold the Kindle in place. Take the cover off and it works!
on February 18, 2011
When I purchased my Kindle a few months ago, I also ordered this leather cover. I am so happy I purchased the leather cover: it fits perfectly, protects the Kindle, and looks great. It does not add a lot of weight to the Kindle and seems very durable. When the cover is folded backward, it can be secured with the elastic strap making the Kindle easy to hold in one hand. I've taken my Kindle with its cover everywhere (often stuffed in my purse) and the cover has held up beautifully.

My only semi-negative comment, is make absolutely sure you order the correct one for your Kindle. The covers are unit-specific which I unfortunately discovered the first time I ordered one.
on March 8, 2011
I had the cover for a couple of months before I closed it. When I opened it the next day, the battery was dead. After recharging the battery, it would not come on. Called Amazon and they explained how to reset my kindle. Every thing was fine till a couple of weeks later when I closed the cover again. When I opened it an hour later it would not turn on again. I reset the kindle, and it came on but had lost my place in my book. I think the cover pushing on the buttons, even when turned off is the reason for my problem. I would suggest if you buy a leather cover you should close it with the kindle installed, and wait a few hours to turn it on to see if you have this problem
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2010
I bought this to provide a little protection for my Kindle. I had used the Kindle for about 2 months before getting the cover, and it took a little getting use to having a cover; I had gotten use to the tablet feel, and moving back to a book like feel was disconcerting. However, that is really a trivial issue.

The cover is a very nice leather. The strap to keep the cover closed is great because it identifies which is the front and keeps it firmly closed. The cover is easy to install, and stays attached to the Kindle without a wobbly feeling. Having used it now for 2 months, I have grown to like the leather smell and it gives me the sensory input that I always had with books. Instead of a dusty, paper smell, it is leather, but oddly comforting.
on July 8, 2010
The leather cover for the Kindle looks really good, and it fits snugly around the Kindle. It is also easy to attach to the hinges.

The hinges is something I am not totally happy with, because you can't lift the Kindle from the back cover once it is attached. The hinges can't swing outwards, so if you lift the Kindle wrong, you might ruin the cover (the weight of the Kindle will bend the hinges).

I am also a bit worried about the band that is designed to keep the cover together when I am not using the device. It works just fine, but I am wondering how long it will be before it snaps.

I really like this cover, and it is by far the best I have tried on my Kindle, despite some small quirks I have mentioned above.