Questions & Answers
5.0 out of 5 stars (1)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 192 questions
votes
No problem. You can archive your books, regardless of where you downloaded them, on your computer. Just plug in the USB cable, and your Kindle will appear to be another drive on the computer. Just use your mouse to drop and drag books between the Kindle's Documents directory and your computer's hard drive. The number of books it will hold depends on how big the books are, and how much music you have loaded onto your Kindle. Ah, music. My vision is no longer what it once was, and with my Kindle, I no longer need glaring lights to read. For joy, for joy, but being able to listen to a favorite album while reading means I no longer resent waiting interminably in the doctor's waiting room. ("Already? I've only been waiting 3 hours. If someone else is a rush case, they can go ahead.") It's wonderful NOT being the nasty old grouch I used to become!
Jul 27, 2011 by Steve Thomas
votes
I would like to be able to check out e-books from library. I would get one for everyone in my family if that were available!! Would also like a simple calendar.
Jul 29, 2010 by MGT
votes
Jill~ I just wanted to let you know, I had to replace my cover (broke also) but on a whime, I called Amazon, and to my surprise they replaced it for free!!!! They didn't have blue (which is what I had) so then they could only refund me the full amount, which I didn't mind!! But as far as your comment, I'm very disappointted too, I miss all the cover options:( But the do sell them still used.
Apr 19, 2012 by Cinderella
votes
No, LED bulbs are not replaceable. However, LED bulbs are shockproof and waterproof (although the electronics aren't waterproof, and could be broken, the actual LED bulbs are pretty impervious) so physical damage is highly improbable. Second, the bulb won't burn out on it's own in the useful lifetime of the book. LED lightbulbs are rated between 50,000-100,000 hours of service before dimming and becoming less useful. If you read 4 hours per night EVERY NIGHT with the light on, that still means it will last you many decades before dimming. You can be fairly well assured that the light will outlive the Kindle itself, which is nowhere near as robust as the LED light.
Dec 19, 2010 by K. Patterson
votes
I don't own a lighted cover as I do exactly what you suggest, I use a bedside lamp to read by in bed. However, I think the appeal of a lighted cover is the fact that you can read in bed and not disturb your bed partner with a bright bedside lamp. Also, there would be the added flexibility of being to read your kindle outside in the evening while lounging on your deck without drawing the attention of every flying insect in a 5000 mile radius. I imagine one day I may buy a lighted cover but for now, I am perfectly content reading my kindle in its homemade cover with a bedside lamp.
Mar 7, 2011 by Walter Mitty
votes
Graphite or White? Jan 27, 2011
I can't even imagine caring whether my Kindle looks "lady-like." Does one buy paper books based on how gender-specific they look? It's a reading device, and I don't think anyone's perception of your character is going to be affected by its color; if it is, that person has a problem that is his/her misfortune, not yours. Buy either; both work. When I bought mine, graphite wasn't a choice, so I've had a white one for over a year and a half, kept in the plain black leather cover. I read constantly. It's not a stark white, and it doesn't show dirt. I have never had to clean it at all, and it still looks as it did when new; I wouldn't let worries about cleaning affect the choice.
Feb 13, 2011 by E. Schechter
votes
I would have gone from a nice deep purple (aubergine) had it been offered.
Jan 30, 2011 by S. Johnson
votes
Yes, they will replace it. Even if they say there is only a 30 day warranty (some reports of this in other threads - it's a common issue) there is a limited 1 year warranty. Use the "Contact us" and have them call you... explain what happened. Same thing happened to mine the very day I got it. When you get your new one the suggestion I've read in other threads is to use velcro to hold it in place on the back of the cover so it doesn't happen again.
Jun 10, 2011 by Leighann N Fallin
votes
I would think not since the new generation is 7.something inches high and the 2nd generation is 8 inches. It says, "Latest Generation". If I can take a moment...Amazon, your naming practice for the Kindles is annoying to say the least and frustrating to say a little more. What will you call the next generation...the "Newest Latest"? This is confusing and makes it hard for Kindle owners to truly identify accessories for their Kindles.
Aug 12, 2010 by Carolyn
votes
Speaking of removing the Kindle from the case - HOW do you do that? I just got my Kindle and the lighted case, and would like to take the case back off (I'm not sure that I'm going to like the weight of the kindle and case together for reading). I'm afraid I'll damage the kindle or the case taking it off. Any help?
Nov 17, 2010 by Cdedriver
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   20   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers