- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
- ASIN: B003DZ168E
- Item model number: 515-1037-06
- Average Customer Review: 1,133 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 28, 2010
Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Hot Pink (Fits Kindle Keyboard)
- Light draws power from Kindle device. No batteries required
- Built-in, retractable LED reading light pulls out from the back cover when needed, and slides away to become invisible when not in use
- Stylish genuine leather exterior. Soft, grey, microfiber suede interior protects Kindle
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Our new design seamlessly incorporates a reading light into the cover, so you can carry your Kindle wherever you go and always have a reading light with you. Simply pull the light out to illuminate Kindle when you need it, and slide it away to be invisible when you don't. And since the light draws its power from Kindle, no batteries are needed.
The contoured, pebble-grain leather (available in 7 different colors) keeps your Kindle safe and secure, while the soft charcoal microfiber interior protects the screen from scratches. The cover is designed to fold back, so you can read comfortably with just one hand.
The built-in, retractable LED light pulls out to illuminate Kindle, and slides away when not in use.
Never Be Without a Light
A permanent part of the cover, the reading light is located in the top right-hand corner of the back cover. When needed, simply pull the light out and it automatically illuminates, eliminating the need for a separate power switch. To turn the light off, slide it back in to the corner of the cover.
Since the light is powered by Kindle's battery, no batteries are needed.
How It Works
The cover's hinge points are gold-plated, to ensure a reliable electrical connection. Gold is used because of its ability to make good electrical contact even with low force, and for its corrosion resistance.
On the Go
You'll never be without a reading light, and since the light draws its power from Kindle, no batteries are needed.
Amazon’s official Kindle lighted cover features contoured, pebble-grain, cowhide leather available in 7 different colors.
Read Kindle easily in the dark with Amazon's revolutionary, all-new lighted leather cover.
The hinge points are gold-plated to ensure a reliable electrical connection. No batteries required.
Read easily with one hand, with or without the light on.
Protect your Kindle on the go, and never be without a reading light
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
My Kindle feels very secure in this cover. Both the Hot Pink leather outside & the felted fabric inside feels very expensive. I fold the front cover all the way back to read & it fits nicely in my hand.
I love having the built-in light. The light is plenty bright enough to read even in a dark room. Sometimes there is a little glare in the upper right corner, but a slight tilt makes it read-able.
As many have stated, keep the wifi off or it will drain your battery quick.
It's compact and it beats keeping a cache of batteries with you! Also, for the cost comparison of a standard cover with clip light it's worth it just to purchase this instead.
I thought I was happy with my previous case, but this is above and beyond that!
- The light was worth every cent to me, and is much better than I expected. As others have commented, it is brighter in the upper right hand corner and fades toward the lower right. However, I never have any issues reading at night.
- While my habits may be different from yours, I read at night and use the light more than I even thought I would.
- Having it attached to the cover is more convenient than I would have realized.
- Okay...I'm girly! I LOVE the hot pink cover. The dark gray interior really compliments the graphite Kindle as well.
- Case is sturdy
- Like that I can bend the cover all the way back, and the elastic band will hold it in place.
- Love that the light draws from the batteries.
- Super easy to "attach" your Kindle to the hinges inside. I also like that other than the hinges, there nothing else that holds the Kindle in the case. I've never worried it would fall out either.
- Like that the case makes it feel like I'm holding a book.
- Cover has not interfered with my Wi-Fi no matter where I am in the house.
- Love Amazon's frustration free packaging!
Cons (or Neutrals)
- You have to work a little to get the light in/out of its spot.
- I have worried that the elastic band won't hold up over time. I use my Kindle a ton, and so far, so good.
- Though convenient, the light does cause the battery to drain more quickly. It's still lasting well over 2.5 - 3 weeks, though.
- Definitely adds bulk and weight to the Kindle.
- Leather is nice, but I can take or leave the pebble-grain. Just a personal preference. Read more ›
You can buy some of the warehouse-returned ones at 49.99, but you have to watch the descriptions about their scuff marks and other damage. I figured for $10 more, I could get the brand-new one.
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|My cover light went out and I have tried all of the above hints. HELP...||
I have bought 2 of these and the cover begins to slip out of the hooks after a while. I have tried to adjust the hooks to make them fit tighter. It works for a little while but goes back to the same problem. When it becomes really bad, I use the strap to help hold the kindle in place but even... Read More
Aug 13, 2015 by Sharon Manriquez | See all 3 posts
My cover light went out, too. After reading that it might be the kindle instead of the cover, I unhooked the kindle, put it back in & the light is back on. Easy peasy.... no???
Apr 15, 2014 by D Swingle | See all 11 posts
|Gold-plated hinge points for Kindle Lighted Leather Cover||
I would like to know this as well. Thanks!
Jan 21, 2015 by Dee Koobs | See all 2 posts
I had the same problem, but then realized that I hadn't quite pulled the light out all the way. Also, I turned the Kindle off and waited, and then on again. For what it's worth, that might work for you as well.
Oct 10, 2014 by Anne | See all 4 posts
|dose this fit a Paper white?||Be the first to reply|
|Device Compatability||Be the first to reply|