1,661 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed cover
Published on September 2, 2010 by Marilee

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, but it caused problems with my Kindle
Published on January 17, 2011 by PolarJo

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, but it caused problems with my Kindle, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Green (Fits Kindle Keyboard) (Accessory)
I bought my Kindle with this cover right around Thanksgiving and was absolutely thrilled with both. The cover was stylish and the integrated light was so convenient. I'd been using my Kindle on pretty much a daily basis for the last 6 weeks. But last night my Kindle suddenly stopped responding. I tried turning it off and on several times but when I turned it back on the screen was always blank. This morning I phoned support and the tech was able to walk me through the procedure to reset my Kindle. The Kindle device appears to be working correctly again. However, the tech told me IT WAS THE COVER THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM with my Kindle and I should stop using it. He credited my account for the cost of the cover and said I could use that money to buy a new cover but I should NOT buy this same style or I would very likely encounter the freeze up issue again. Apparently the fact that this cover can cause problems with the Kindle is a known issue, so I do not understand why this cover is still for sale by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed cover, September 2, 2010
Marilee (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the package and inspected this cover for the first time. It's a perfect fit for the Kindle 3, light yet substantial enough, easy to fold back for reading, and just covers the corners on the Kindle, for protection, without any extra wasted space. The elastic cord has a nice little name tag for ease of wrapping, as well as a grove to fit it.

But the really amazing thing is the built in light. It's small and unobtrusive when in it's slot... you only see a dark corner and a little ridge, as nothing protrudes or looks bulky ... but when you grasp the ridge and pull out, a super thin light emerges, which bends a bit to just the right length and angle, automatically illuminating the K3 screen. This is just genius design. And to think.. it needs no battery, no cord, no storage pouch or pocket. It gets it's power from the K3's charge. It's easy to push back in, where it waits quietly for a chance to shine again.

I found the little gold tabs that fit in the K3 easy to insert and just as easy to remove if you want the K3 to go "naked" or in another cover... yet the cover holds on securely.

I love well designed, beautiful objects and this qualifies without compromise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Killed my Kindle!, February 16, 2011
I just am writing this to warn others of this cover, it completely killed my Kindle and almost killed another one!

The hinges on the cover mess with the battery or something, and every time I would put the cover on the Kindle would freeze and short out, until it finally just stopped working. I had the Kindle replaced, and the cover did the same thing to my 2nd one. Finally talked to Amazon and found out it was the cover.

I do NOT recommend this at all, get a cover with no hinges!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product but way overpriced imo, December 5, 2010
this product works great and does everything as expected but it cost almost half as much as the kindle. That seems a bit ridiculous to me

3.0 out of 5 stars Attachment Mechanism Insecure, November 24, 2010
I have had my kindle cover a short time and already the bottom "hook" that attaches the kindle to the cover is loose and slipping. Yesterday the kindle fell out of the cover completely. Overall the product is solid and good quality, but the "hook" mechanism is shabby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product- Don't be swayed by any bad reviews, October 29, 2010
This product is fantastic, and buyers should not be swayed by any poor reviews as I almost was.

Cover: The actual cover is very high quality. I purchased the green, and it is very attractive, not too bright. The cover is lined with soft, fuzzy material, which protects the screen from scratches. I have no complaints about the cover.

Leather Tab: Some reviewers mentioned the one-inch leather tab that has "Amazon" printed on it. They thought it was in their way, but I did not find that to be true AT ALL. The tab is for convenience. It enables the reader to quickly and easily grab the elastic cord that holds the cover closed or back. Once you open the cover, it is behind and not in the way at all. I think those reviewers are being much to picky.

Light: This is the main issue that almost kept me from buying this product. I am THANKFUL that I decided to buy it anyway because the light is NOT A PROBLEM at all. It is a light, so of course, it will be brighter nearer to the bulb. However, since it contains an LED bulb, it is bright enough on the entire screen even in the corner furthest away from the bulb despite what other reviewers have said. This light is actually perfect for me for several reasons. First, I no longer need to carry around my Itty Bitty Book Light (I have both the plug-in version and the battery pack version.) because the light is conveniently in the cover. If the light is put away you don't even see it or notice it. It is completely hidden and out of the way. I also love the light because it never needs charged, which is great for me because I constantly forget to charge all of my devices, because Amazon has thought to make it run off the Kindle's power. I used my Kindle for 3 weeks without recharging, and I run the light for hours each day (I just had another baby and am up hours a night feeding the baby, so I read to keep myself awake during the night feedings.) Therefore, I would say that using the light DOES NOT DRAIN THE POWER OF THE KINDLE. Thirdly, I love the light, because I can lie on my side in bed reading without any cords, or light in the way like my traditional book light on a book.

In conclusion, don't worry about any negative reviews. Try this product. It is worth the money because of the good quality and great design. It isn't much more for the light, and you will find it to be useful and a great benefit.

1.0 out of 5 stars light malfunction??, October 3, 2010
I ordered this product for the light. It stopped working after being used for very short periods of only 3 times. Now I only have a leather cover without any light, which I do not need.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best purchase ever!, August 19, 2011
The lighted leather cover for my Kindle is light weight, yet sturdy, makes holding the Kindle easier and the light works great. It comes in a terrific selection of colors and the price is right! It is, undoubtedly, one of my best purchases ever!Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Green (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle) I love the green!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle cover, February 1, 2011
Got it for my wife. The first one we received, did something to the battery, made it drain down too quick. This one works just fine.She also likes the lite feature on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased. The light is more than adequate., December 31, 2010
After reading many of the reviews that berated the light as being inadequate, I found myself unable to commit to purchasing this rather pricey cover. As it turned out, I received the cover as a Christmas gift. I am very pleased. The light is more than adequate to see all the text, even in total darkness. There is always a tiny portion of the page near the light that seems to have a bit of a glare, but it is not a problem for me. I'll note that my eyes are 50 years old.

For the most part I don't read in the dark. When I do, it is usually for less than an hour at a time.

So far I can't think of anything negative to say about the lighted Kindle cover. It works.

Rate and Discover Movies