Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on January 17, 2011
I bought my Kindle with this cover right around Thanksgiving and was absolutely thrilled with both. The cover was stylish and the integrated light was so convenient. I'd been using my Kindle on pretty much a daily basis for the last 6 weeks. But last night my Kindle suddenly stopped responding. I tried turning it off and on several times but when I turned it back on the screen was always blank. This morning I phoned support and the tech was able to walk me through the procedure to reset my Kindle. The Kindle device appears to be working correctly again. However, the tech told me IT WAS THE COVER THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM with my Kindle and I should stop using it. He credited my account for the cost of the cover and said I could use that money to buy a new cover but I should NOT buy this same style or I would very likely encounter the freeze up issue again. Apparently the fact that this cover can cause problems with the Kindle is a known issue, so I do not understand why this cover is still for sale by Amazon.
on February 16, 2011
I just am writing this to warn others of this cover, it completely killed my Kindle and almost killed another one!

The hinges on the cover mess with the battery or something, and every time I would put the cover on the Kindle would freeze and short out, until it finally just stopped working. I had the Kindle replaced, and the cover did the same thing to my 2nd one. Finally talked to Amazon and found out it was the cover.

I do NOT recommend this at all, get a cover with no hinges!
on August 15, 2012
A huge Kindle fan, starting with the very first edition, I fully expect top quality in both the device and accessories. I bought the lighted cover in January but have not used the light with any regularity until this past week. Longest running time has been a hour. Well, it's now virtually dead....when raised, it lights for 1-2 seconds then shuts off. I've let it rest up. I've charged the Kindle despite low battery usage. Nothing works. I am so disappointed Amazon would foist such poor quality on we loyal, very frequent buyers.
Get a little mag or clip-on book light.
on February 17, 2011
Never had trouble with Kindle until I purchased the lighted cover. Kindle froze within 30 minutes of attaching cover. Removed cover. Kindle locked up to where it took an hour to get it working properly again. Waited 24 hours and attached cover again. Same thing happened. Customer support was great. Returned cover with no problems.
on April 4, 2011
My wife and I were both in love with this leather cover until the lower bracket broke off and got stuck in our Kindle. And it's not like we were rough with it or anything; it was just from opening the Kindle cover one day. I looked at several reviews before purchasing, and I'm guessing that we just got a bad one, but it certainly makes me cautious in buying a new one (esp. at that price). I think we'll do what a lot of the other 1 star reviewers said and just buy a regular leather cover and add on a light later.
on March 7, 2012
I purchased the lighted cover because the only time I can read is in bed right before sleep. It was perfect read time because the light did not disturb my spouse. After 20 hours total usage the light stopped working. Kindle said the 30 days return policy expired and they can do nothing. I will be more selective before I spend my hard earned money on another kindle product. Very disappointing!
on August 20, 2012
I thought the color was very attractive. Very nice quality. There was no place for your hand to hold the Kindle. My hand would get tired of being so stretched out. I returned item and got one of similar quality only there is a band you can slide your hand through for comfort.
on October 3, 2010
I ordered this product for the light. It stopped working after being used for very short periods of only 3 times. Now I only have a leather cover without any light, which I do not need.
on August 12, 2012
This Kindle Cover is a replacement for my original Kindle Cover. I had to replace the original one because the light stopped working. The light on this new one lasted a little more than a month and now it quit working too. There is just something wrong with the connections on these covers. It apparently is a very common complaint. Amazon should stop selling these covers until the design flaw is fixed.
on October 1, 2012
Product was sent and 1) was a black cover and not green, 2) was broken. I was rather disappointed that this product would have been sent in this condition. I returned it and they re-charged for the "free" shipping. That's their policy. So, even though it was damaged I had to pay.