Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 27 questions
votes
This thread isn't really on topic! How about a discussion on reputable companies that are offering Fire covers?
Oct 10, 2011 by Nels C. Henderson
votes
Amazon never presented the Kindle Fire as a tablet, it is an extended ebook. No camera, no microphone, no hdmi output, no card-slot to extend memory, no G3 (only Wifi) and the number of apps you'll be able to use on a Kindle Fire is limited from what I understand. Even if the OS is Android, I don't think you can use all the apps for Android on the Kindle Fire, but I'll find that out as soon as I get the Fire. The screen is also much smaller (7" versus 10"), but it makes it easier to carry your Kindle around and also to hold it while reading. The possibilities on an Ipad are numerous (like professionel music recording, editing, photo retouch) What you have to know before spending much money on an Ipad is : where will I use it for. If you just want a device for mailing, listening music, watch movies, read books, keep your agenda, go on the internet, on a good quality screen then a Kindle Fire is just what you need and as you can read everywhere: the price is low for what you get! Think about it : you can buy 3 or 4 Kindle Fires for the price of one single Ipad...!
Nov 5, 2011 by MH Bouyeure
votes
"Virtual" meaning, the keys will appear on the screen, where you can indeed "type", as tho' it were real.
Nov 5, 2011 by Donald K Whaley
votes
Linda G. says:When I receive the new Fire I would like to sell my old kindle. would the person who buys it be able to set up an account with amazon to receive books for themself? Yes. Just deregister your old Kindle first. The new owner would then register and set up his/her own account with Amazon.
Oct 1, 2011 by BlottoOtto
votes
M Trantum: these people didn't understand your question. Yes, use Amazon Cloud Drive, upload your PDFs there, and the Kindle Fire does have a PDF viewer built in. Cloud Drive is a place to store any files, from music to PDFs, etc.
Nov 6, 2011 by Seattleguy77
votes
Upload your Picasa photos to the Amazon cloud drive (first 5 GB is free), then use the Fire WiFi to connect to the web, connect to the cloud, and transfer your photos from the cloud to your Fire.
Dec 6, 2011 by LindyLou
votes
William, there wouldn't be any reason you couldn't. The fire web brouser is supposed to accomadate heavy traffic, so downloading the Audible books should be something it would have no trouble handleing. There is info on the page about the fire regarding how the fire web brouser works.. seems like a neet concept!
Oct 5, 2011 by Amazon Customer
votes
There's around 6gigs of useable storage space on the device to have your movie files on it for offline viewing without the need for wifi streaming.
Nov 1, 2011 by S. Suos
votes
Lloyd, for an additional 5 dollars, you can get the upgraded cover and it comes in green. pink, brown, or black. It is a little nicer than the $39.99 and is $44.99. "Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire Cover" I'm sure that you can go into your pre-ordered one and change it out if you wanted to
Oct 5, 2011 by Amazon Customer
votes
Because the Kindle Fire is a back-lit color LCD display, it will likely be difficult to read in bright sunlight. The Kindle Fire is primarily a media delivery & display device--it plays movies, searches the web, and will also operate as an e-reader device. Previous Kindles have all been e-readers, and the e-ink display is optimal for reading text.
Oct 1, 2011 by BlottoOtto
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers