From the Back Cover
- Set up your device and navigate the touchscreen
- Read, share, and borrow e-books
- Find and download content from a variety of sources, including the web
- Troubleshoot and maintain your Kindle Paperwhite
Get the inside story on this amazing addition to the Kindle family — the Kindle Paperwhite!
With its superior resolution, uber-long battery life, and patented built-in light, the Kindle Paperwhite is the ultimate e-reader. This handy guide shows you how to take advantage of all its coolness quickly and easily. Set up your device, adjust the screen, find and share all sorts of reading material, browse the web, use the dictionary, and more!
- If you're still choosing — compare Wi-Fi and 3G models as well as traditional or sponsored special-offer screensavers
- All the basics — learn the ins and outs of the touchscreen and how to navigate with the icons
- Build your library — find, download, share, lend, and borrow e-books, or give someone an e-book gift
- Add your own stuff — put your own documents on your Kindle Paperwhite and store them in the Cloud
- Bells and whistles — add chargers and cables and dress your Kindle in a screen protector and cover
- When things go wrong — check the troubleshooting tips and fixes to help keep your Kindle happy
Open the book and find:
- How to enjoy a combined listening and reading experience
- Helpful hints for reading books, magazines, manga, and more
- The secret to syncing all your reading devices and apps
- Ways to update Facebook and Twitter with your Kindle Paperwhite
- Tips for customizing your reading preferences
- Help for transferring documents to your device
- Where to buy covers, skins, and other fun accessories
- How to download your favorite e-books
About the Author
Leslie H. Nicoll provides editorial support to writers through her company, Maine Desk, and is a moderator in the KindleBoards community.
Harvey Chute maintains KindleBoards.com, a blog and message-board community dedicated to all things Kindle.