Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2009 9:08:59 PM PDT
S. Lahti says:
Why is it this book is $4 more in ebook form as opposed to paperback?

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 8:35:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 30, 2011 8:36:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2011 7:26:51 AM PDT
R. Keegan says:
because the publisher doesn't understand ebooks or is extremely greedy

Posted on Aug 19, 2011 3:33:11 PM PDT
I waited for some time to take the plunge with Kindle. I love the concept. I like the device just fine. What I'm now struggling to understand (but not really) is why the prices have gone from being an attractive incentive to move to the eReader/eBook model, to now actually being a disincentive. When Kindle was in the early adopter cycle prices of 7.99-9.99 were common, when print books were 10-15. Now, I'm seeing Kindle-editions at 11-15 and paperbacks at 8-10. Given the economic/margin advantages to the Publisher for eBooks over print-editions, this makes absolutely NO sense and I'm actually pretty outraged that simple greed is the only reasonable explanation. I'm pissed that I now have this device and it's actually making less sense to purchase content for it than to fill up my bookshelves. Really disappointing Amazon and greedy publishers... Learn something from Apple's successful takeover of the entire music distribution industry. They gave consumers more flexibility (single tracks vs entire junky albums) AND fairer value (not to mention ease/technical superiority).
I work in the digital media industry and I know what it costs to replicate, store, and delivery digital content.
Since I've had my Kindle (7 months), I've purchased only a couple of titles. If ebooks keep increasing in price like they have in the last year, and I continue to feel like I'm being taken for a ride for popular/new content based on simple greed, I guess my Kindle will collect more dust than titles - how sad.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:03:33 AM PST
A. Treister says:
I feel the same. Can Amazon not do more to lower E-Book prices for the Kindle? I love using my Kindle but cannot justify spending $6-$8 MORE for a digital copy when I can buy a brand new physical copy that I can later re-sell! $17 for an E-Book or $10 for a paperback that I can sell after I'm finished for $6? Doesn't make sense to me, especially when you compound that to 15-20 books a year! I enjoy reading but Geez! This is getting more expensive than television!

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 7:45:15 AM PDT
ENDandie says:
I too was attracted to Kindle because of the savings. I have read 59 books in the last 6 months on my Kindle. This has come to an end. I love reading, whatever format, and cheaper is better. Book stores are fun and interesting. The only thing a kindle had to offer was price and convenience. I guess they figure convenience is enough. It's not. How does this make good business sense?

Posted on Oct 5, 2013 10:54:45 PM PDT
Grace says:
Did you know you can get books for your Kindle from your local library system? I've been doing it for over a year. I admit it's a little awkward at first, but worth the trouble when looking at the prices nowadays. Hope this information helps all of you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
When You Are Engulfed in Flames
When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris (Paperback - June 3, 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (590)