Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Purse

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2008 4:35:26 PM PDT
I bought a purse for my Kindle :) a couple of weeks ago and thought I would share with you all how it's working out. It's from Eagle Creek and called the "Bohemian" and you can find it here at Amazon or see it at the Zappos site.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/41810266/c/3375.html

It comes in three colors that I know of: black, green and a pretty burnt orange color. I have the green one and it is much better looking in person than on the monitor.

This purse is perfect for toting my Kindle and all my stuff. It's well balanced so the weight doesn't drag and the strap lengthens so it can be worn across the body. The pockets on the outside hold lots and they have put pockets on the inside so I don't have a mess on the bottom of my purse.

Queen Kindle sits nice and comfy in the main compartment surrounded by all her cousins and goes everywhere with me without fear of being squished or mistreated by the other occupants.

Sheryl

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 5:00:28 PM PDT
I carry a Timbuk2 bag every where - holds everything I need it to - including a laptop when I travel for work - http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/messenger/ - mine was "off the rack" at REI for 35% off ... great bag for here in Seattle where is does rain a bit from time to time

my Kindle in the nice little case it came with is just find and dandy -

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 5:14:21 PM PDT
Glad to get a couple of suggestions on purses that will safely hold the Kindle. I have purses but none of them have a zippered pocket large enough. I like the "Bohemian" and definitely need one. My job requires some travel & I don't want to risk losing my Kindle on a flight or in an airport. Any more suggesstions from anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 8:04:32 PM PDT
SJC says:
I bought 2 new purses last week to add to my "Kindle-Friendly" purse collection. I now have a Kindle-Friendly purse in: 2 Black, 2 Brown, 1 Red, 1 Black-Multi. My sister told one of them was "pleather" looking and ugly; I told her, "Tough, the pocket fits my Kindle perfectly." She just rolled her eyes.

Plus: I bought the neatest "mini-backpack" that fits the Kindle perfectly...It has a main section (for Kindle) then a front section with little slots that fit all the sd cards. Both sections zipper separately and it has a shoulder-strap rather than the two back straps...I love it. It's black and small like it was made for the Kindle. Perfect for travel, beach...etc. I paid 5.97 at Target!!

When my husband asks (and he will) how many purses have I bought...I will reply: Less than the # of books.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 8:46:31 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
Recently, I bought a cheap purse at Walmart and was too embarrassed to tell anyone that my main criteria was something big enough for my Kindle. Now, I'm suddenly seeing all of these Kindle purse posts and I feel like...honey, I'm home! You guys crack me up! And, thanks for making me feel ok about myself!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 8:59:58 PM PDT
whiterabbit says:
I bought this bag (in black) and love it... a nice home for my Kindle, which fits nicely inside this sweet bag:

Tignanello Perfect 10 Smooth Leather Double Entry Hobo,Nut,one size

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 10:23:58 PM PDT
deborakaye says:
I bought a mini-backpack at Target also. I took my Kindle (in its cover) and tried several purses before finding the mini-backpack.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 1:07:52 AM PDT
Hannah R says:
LadyHawke,

I'm a small purse kinda girl, so obviously nothing I owned was big enough for my kindle...my first weekend with it and we (my kindle and I) rushed off and spent a whole saturday looking for the purrfect purse! Like many others, mine was found at Target! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 5:46:16 AM PDT
Steph says:
Whew, I'm feeling better reading about you Target/Wal-Mart girls. I found my basic cheap black bag at K-mart (online). All the purse threads before seemed to have posts of fairly expensive (compared to what I pay) purses and I'm a pretty simple/inexpensive purse gal. ;) (And like H. Thomas, I used to be a small purse kinda gal LOL). In case anyone is interested:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_030W730431110001P

It's got two separate big zip-top compartments, Serenity goes in one side in its case, and my other stuff goes in the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 10:15:08 AM PDT
Today is payday & I am on a mission! I don't spend much on my purses either but when I get off work, I am on my way to Wal-mart & Target. None of my purses have a zippered pocket that will hold my Kindle. If I find one I will have to get 2 or 3 different colors, right?? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 12:39:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2008 12:41:15 PM PDT
Furr-tastic! says:
S. Hansen, I really like that purse, and it's affordable - definitely my kind of thing. Thanks for sharing!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 12:42:45 PM PDT
Furr-tastic! says:
Oh, Linda, you're as dangerous as I am, but isn't it fun? We have to do something to stimulate this economy!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 12:49:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2008 12:49:53 PM PDT
S. Baxter,

Zappos.com is awesome!! Millions of purses/bags etc. and a large price range. I've bought several bags from them, don't have a complaint! They include measurements, pics, the whole works.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 1:24:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2008 1:25:37 PM PDT
Coco Ventura says:
I do not normally carry a pocketbook or purse but I bought the Healthy Back Bag from LLBean in black leather just so that I could take my Kindle with me wherever I go. :)

It is a GREAT bag. VERY comfortable. I LOVE it!

It has lots of pockets everywhere and it is very well made.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=30116&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

P.S. Go for the Regular sized bag. The mini bag at 7" doesn't fit the Kindle and is actually quite small.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 2:13:38 PM PDT
Pack of Four says:
I found a pretty nice purse to hold my Kindle (if you are in the more expensive category) - The Dooney and Bourke Chiara bag. It comes in 2 sizes, and I bought the large size and it has a divided center zipped compartment perfect for the Kindle. It comes in all different colors and materials and the patent leather is on sale right now on the web. If you click find similar shapes it will give you all the colors and materials that the Chiara bag comes in. The bag is also available in better department stores like Macys and they do go on sale.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=39872

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2008 4:15:26 PM PDT
Esmerelda Luv-
I love Zappos too. I have bought from them for many years now. I like how they have many pics from different angles. When I'm looking at purses I can see where I might fit my Kindle, because as you know, it's all about the Kindle now. Can't afford all those shoes anymore!
Sheryl
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)
Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation) by Amazon.com
4.2 out of 5 stars   (7,974)