Questions & Answers
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)
by Kindle
4.3 out of 5 stars (12,292)
Used & New from: $137.97
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 292 questions
votes
I just received mine in June. Not sure if they made improvements to battery life. I took mine on vacation for a week. I read for at least 2 or 3 hours a day and just had to charge if for the 1st time this week (7/8/13). I do power down each time I finish reading so not sure if that is why my battery lasted almost a month. Hope this helps.
Jul 11, 2013 by FRANCINE A. ANDALIS
votes
Hopefully it is not a serious frozen, try this: Follow these steps to restart your device. These steps will not remove content from your device. 1. Press or slide and hold the power button for 20 seconds. 2. After 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank. This is normal. Continue to hold the bower button. 3. After another 20 seconds, release the power button. The charge indicator light will turn on after a few moments. For Kindle Fire, press the power button again. 4. Your Kindle will successfully restart.
Jul 19, 2013 by Loki
votes
I use the USB wall charger from the iPhone. It plugs into the wall socket and outputs to the power cord that came with the Kindle. Alternatively, that same cord can plug into the USB port of your laptop or desktop.
Sep 10, 2013 by Gayle C Wald
votes
Good question. Unfortunately I can't give you a competent answer since I haven't researched that particular functionality for my Kindle (hasn't been a priority). Even if it were possible, however, I personally would probably not do my web surfing on the Kindle since it strikes me that it would be quite cumbersome. I'm a dual big-screen, mouse and keyboard type when it comes to web surfing. Best of luck.
Sep 14, 2013 by DPD
votes
I cannot read in a computer screen in the same way. With a kindle I can read a book easily. In a computer screen we can read just some pages. In a TV I think I will fall sleep after some pages.
Sep 16, 2013 by Marcos V C Silva
votes
Its really, really easy! Open your main menu, click on 'Shop Kindle Store, 'Browse' will appear with several options or genres; Click on 'Books', 'All Books' will appear with a large selection; pick your genre and click on it; when it comes up ~ bring up your Keyboard and type in FREE; 'Search Suggestions' will appear and 'FREE KINDLE BOOKS' will be underlined. Click that and "Search Results: "free kindle books" will be in the heading. Choose a book and click on it, this will bring up a description of the book, Digital List Price; Print List Price; Kindle Price: $0.00. The BUY button will be dark (highlighed) click that and within seconds your choice will be on your Main menu and ready to read at NO COST! Of course you must remember that every book you want to read will NOT be free, if there is something specific you want to read that's not on the "free" list you'll most likely have to buy it or try and get it from your local library's online borrowing. Either way, the cost of a kindle book is considerably less than retail prices and the way to go to have what you want and keep the costs down if you're an avid reader like me. Good luck with your "search" for free books...hope this helped!
Jul 26, 2013 by Nadine L. King
votes
I did not throw away my broken Kindle - I returned it to Amazon
Jul 27, 2013 by Marlien
votes
have his name engraved on it.
Aug 1, 2013 by Alan Stafford
votes
The Nook and Kindle have different formats. If the book was bought from Amazon and downloaded to the Kindle I don't know of a way to transfer it to a different format, if it was bought from a different source and it is on a computer it may be transferred to a Nook using the program CALIBRE (downloadable free).
Aug 2, 2013 by CARLOS HERMOSILLO 2
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   30   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers