My Kindle Was Stolen...Now What? Someone stole my kindle about a week ago from my desk at work. I purchased it from best buy about three months ago. What am I supposed to do? Is it covered by my insurance? I wanted to report it to amazon but i don't know what number to call.

Help.
asked by The_Hmm_Girl on March 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Hi,
My kindle just got stolen as well. First thing i did was to deregister it from my account at http://amazon.com. that way you stop the thief from buying stuff. other than that get in touch with amazon support center from here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200431060

(one thougth that came into my just now was that before i deregistered my device, maybe i should have had a document sent to it, explaining that the device had emotional value to me and please return to some someplace where i can pick it up. if the thief had any concious maybe he would do so... )
Sasi answered on March 30, 2011
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can you set up the locate my kindle app from your computer?
Conundrum answered on September 30, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
this is an update about my daughters' stolen Kindle from her bedroom...we called Amazon and found out that it was activated March 6, about 2 weeks before she found out it was stolen. Amazon would not give us any information, except to say it was activated and they would not tell me who. So we made a police report and they would not call Amazon but turned the case over to their detective. We found out that it was in Tennessee! We live in Michigan. It was sold to someone on craigslist and they in turn sent it to Tennessee. The bad news is that they won't tell us who originally sold it on amazon so we will never know who really stole it but the good news is we are suppose to get it back.
Amora answered on March 23, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
go to the police and ask them to give the report to their detective division. That's how i got mine back. And as for the locate my Kindle app, It always says it's not working when i try to access the site to sign up for it, I don't know why I cant get it to work. Anyone? thanks. Gypsy
Amora answered on July 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Someone stole my Kindle from desk at work today. I have contacted Customer Support and they have disabled it so no one can use it or my account. What I want to know (and CS couldn't help with this) is how does Where's my Kindle app work? I downloaded it a while ago. Can't remember is I set is up or not. If not, can I set up from my pc? If I did, how do I use it to find my Kindle? I sure someone knows more than CS does.
Janet L. Smith answered on July 20, 2012
Comment | 4 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what number do I call to report my stolen kindle and cancel the account?
Beverly W. answered on January 7, 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I lost mine. I called Amazon and they blocked it. But I hear that Amazon won't do much (anything?) to help you get the kindle back. However, there is a website called kindlereunion.com where you can register your kindle in the hope that someone who finds it will try to return it. Unlikely, but worth a try.
Courtney J. Corda answered on January 8, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What can i do and how do i stop orders against my account
Gerald Matthews answered on March 29, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My kindle was stolen. I do not remember my user id and password. How do I derigester it and how do I load my books on a new kindle?
Gloria C. answered on June 13, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can I deregister my kindle keyboard and keep my kindle account on my ipad?
Pmac answered on May 30, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product