Can I Use the Kindle Fire While it's Charging? Can I use the Kindle Fire while it's charging? Thanks.
asked by i'mstillhere on November 10, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 answers
A
votes
I am certain you can, but, it's like a cell phone, if you leave it on, it will take hours more to charge. Frankly at night, when I charge my cell phone, I don't want to leave it on. Voice mails will be available in the morning, and my phone will be 100% charged, instead of the 80% that it will charge overnight, if I leave it on.
Danny Waggoner answered on November 12, 2011

A
votes
Yes it does. No need to buy another.
Kathleen N. Janoski answered on December 23, 2011

A
votes
I did last night and it worked fine.
cgpetroski answered on November 16, 2011

A
votes
Can you use Amazon's replacement ac adapted to recharge your Kindle Fire? I left myrehular charger that came with my Kindle Fire at my daughter's house which is too far to go pick it up today. I purchased the Amazon. AC Adapted with the USB cord awhile back but due to some problems I have experienced with thlithiam battery I am now Leary of using anything other than the charger that came with the Kindle Fire. I can't seem to find the product info on the replacement charger and am concerned it won't be comparable.
Janny123 answered on May 6, 2012

A
votes
We bought our Kindle Fire in April and encountered the same problem. Bought a new adapter and it did nothing. Spoke with customer service a few weeks ago and they sent us a completely new Kindle (we just had to give a credit card number to ensure we mailed back the defective one).
Andrew MacLeod answered on October 20, 2012

A
vote
Is this the adapter that originally came with your Kindle Fire? If so, I'd get a new adapter exactly like the original. If that doesn 't work your device is the problem.
Catherine Creel answered on August 22, 2012

A
votes
I tried using my kindle while charging and it keeps turning off
anon answered on April 2, 2013

A
vote
Works great unless unplug it into a plug that turns off with the light switch. I couldn't understand why it wasn't working!
D. A. Moon answered on February 28, 2013

A
vote
can us charge with a cell phone charger
Sandy S. answered on March 17, 2013

A
vote
A lot of chargers block use while charging. The charger that came with your dock allows surfing while charging because it was specifically made that way. The FireStation I mentioned above also allows use while charging - again, it was specifically designed that way for use with the Kindle Fire.
Sarah Pendleton answered on April 28, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›