41,876 Reviews
 (2,081)
 (1,257)
 (2,209)

31,737 of 32,168 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle vs. Nook (updated)
UPDATE NOVEMBER 2011:

My review is now over a year old, as is the "Kindle Keyboard" as Amazon calls it now. There are newer models: the basic, cheapie Kindle and the Kindle Touch, and of course the Kindle Fire quasi-tablet.

Each of these models is an excellent choice. Whichever one is right for you just depends on your preferences.

The 3...
Published on August 28, 2010 by Ron Cronovich

11,920 of 12,194 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money. Not perfect, but very very good for start to finish novels in good light
The Kindle is my first e-ink reader. I own an iPad, an iPhone, and have owned a Windows-based phone in the past that I used as an ereader.

My overall impression of the device is good.

The good:
I'd honestly rather read linear (read from page one to the end, one page at a time) fiction from it than a book, because I can't always get comfortable...
Published on August 31, 2010 by Jeffrey Stanley

‹ Previous | 13799 3800 38014188 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, August 31, 2010
We just got our new Kindle (2010) and are thrilled with it! It started up after a brief (1hr) charge and immediately down loaded our first purchased book. I find the website easy to navigate and the device equally user friendly. We just needed to sit quietly for a bit and read the downloaded manual (at least the sections of interest).When ordering, I made the mistake of pushing "buy" twice, so had to call in to say we only wanted 1; but that was fixed quickly by a friendly rep. I did have one "freeze" while accessing a footnote in a book this morning, but re-booting worked easily. I like the "collections" feature for sorting my wife's books from mine, etc. I like the way the Kindle site suggests topics of interest, the subject categorization, and the 1 button order feature. Skipping forward through chapters does not appear to work for older books (?). All-in-all, the combination of the website and the Kindle is very well thought out; well done folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - but have already had a few random restarts, August 31, 2010
Awesome gadget - had the Kindle 2 for a couple months and returned it to Target when heard about the K3.
Only problem is that it has already restarted on me a couple times when I was navigating around in the menus trying to do a couple different things. Am going to call support soon and see what they say...will update if I find out anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful New Sleek and Slim Design, August 30, 2010
Vicky Gallas (Orlando, Florida) - See all my reviews
I received my Kindle with Wifi only on August 27th, 2010 - earlier than expected as I chose free shipping. I knew it was a great choice when I first opened the box. The design is sleek and slim and small enough to fit in a purse or the side pocket of my netbook case. It is a beautiful device!

First I charged it for just over three hours as I left to do other things. I then set-up the Wifi and found the process seamless and problem-free. I have a D-Link router and use WEP security. I checked out the browser and the Kindle store and downloaded several samples and added books from my archive without any issues.

I did some reading, arranging of collections over the weekend, and in general spent some time getting to know the new K3. I intend to test it thoroughly over the course of this week and will edit this review accordingly, but have had no issues or problems of any type with this new Kindle and LOVE the new size.

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed review, November 28, 2010
Elizabeth K. Dawson (Springfield, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display (Electronics)
Briefly, I am not happy with the Kindle but give kudos to Amazon customer service. My first Kindle went belly-up after 7 months and was graciously replaced by Kindle. The only issue is that I was in Norway with no English language books to read except on my Kindle.

My second Kindle lasted about 13 months. It would reboot frequently, sometimes successfully and other times not. Both were Kindle I's and perhaps Amazon has been able to make a more dependable reader with the newer models. However, this time I jumped ship and bought an iPad. The color and backlit screen is wonderful. And, the apps and ability to coordinate things such as calendars with the iPhone and PC make it a very good choice for me. Yes, there is a substantial cost differential, but having a dependable e-reader is very important to me. In sum, each reader must decide how important these issues are and whether they are worth the extra costs. For me, the answer is easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, September 25, 2011
I rate the product 5 stars but the user only 4. I am still learning how to use some of the functions but am enjoying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars very light and easy to use, August 28, 2011
very light and easy to use. I prefer it to any of the touch screen readers. However, I wish it had built in screen light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent,but..., December 30, 2010
I love my new kindle easy to jump right into using it, only one drawback seen so far.... no light for reading at night.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be better, December 28, 2010
What I wanted is what I got. But I can see as I am using the Kindle 6" maybe I should have gotten the bigger screen. I have read a few books on it already. Great for reading, but doing research work on some of the books I bought is giving me a hard time. I bought the Kindle for reading books and that is what works best!

5.0 out of 5 stars shipping, July 12, 2011
My Kindle 3G WAS TO BE SHIPPED FREE BUT I was Charged for shipping
John

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 3 3G Y WIFI, April 2, 2011
Realmente ya tuve el Kindle 2 pero con este la experiencia de lectura es superior ,estoy encantada con mi compra

‹ Previous | 13799 3800 38014188 | Next ›