Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Kindle edition - 1st chapter of City of Ashes is wrong!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 1, 2009 4:23:03 AM PDT
So I finished reading City of Bones and downloaded City of Ashes onto my Kindle. I read the first chapter and was incredibly confused. It also revealed pretty much everything that happened in the rest of the book, so nothing was a surprise. After I finished, I downloaded City of Glass. As I read the first chapter, I started having deja vu. Turns out the wrong first chapter is in the Kindle edition of City of Ashes - it's actually the first chapter of City of Glass. So not only have I still not read the actual first chapter of City of Ashes, but the entire book was spoiled for me. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm kind of angry about it.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 1:29:01 PM PDT
Karen Milone says:
yes this also happened to me! i'm extremely annoyed. it ruined the whole book for me. i know what happens in the whole book! is the rest of the book still the city of ashes?

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 1:59:23 PM PDT
L. Darkes says:
Does anyone know why there is no Kindle version of City of Ashes? Any ideas of when one may come out? Seems odd to have only the first and third books on Kindle, doesn't it??

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 6:00:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2009 6:02:04 PM PDT
Katherine says:
The same thing happened on the Barnes and Noble e reader application. I was so confused until I found this posting. It ruined everything; I'm really upset. Everything was totally spoiled. I finally did some more searching, and found out that what is the second chapter in our versions (about Maia), is the real first chapter. Somehow, The Portal just accidently got added in.

I feel like we should get refunded, or something! Within the first page of the "chapter", I knew Simon was a Vampire already!!! It really sucked!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2010 7:57:56 AM PDT
I was about to download City of Ashes for my Kindle but wanted to see what the problem was, and now I now Simon is a Vampire before I even read the first chapter :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Apr 1, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about