Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 12:33:13 PM PST
Toni says:
Will this app work on the Kindle fire?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 5:23:27 AM PST
S. Gould says:
Also how much memory does this use up on Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 6:09:09 PM PST
Toni, Ever get an answer if this works on the Fire?

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 6:17:22 PM PST
S. Gould says:
I updated the exidting Quick office to the full version, Quick Office pro. It does all the same things and seems to work well. No one could give me an answer regarding compatability for Office Suite pro so I went with what was already on the fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 6:51:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2011 6:53:11 PM PST
Were you able to access remote documents like Google docs on kindle fire? I was able to get it to work on my HTC incredible 2 phone but not on my fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 7:40:59 PM PST
Jeff says:
Yes. It works just fine on mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 7:55:41 AM PST
Google docs will not work on my Fire either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 2:14:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2011 2:14:49 PM PST
S. Sanoff says:
J. Rickels - you seem to be the only person who was able to get OfficeSuite Pro on the Kindle Fire to connect to Google Docs. Could you explain how you got it to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 2:17:30 PM PST
S. Gould says:
I don't use Google docs--I just email docs to myself and open them.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 2:25:23 PM PST
J. J. Page says:
Yet again, another problem with Kindle Fire. This time, the people who built OfficeSuite Professional claim Google Docs integration when no such option exists.

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 9:00:32 AM PST
cyberservant says:
I purchased the app specifically because it said it would connect to Google docs. The help screen says to connect from remote files, but the only options are Dropbox and Box. There is a notice that there is an upgrade available but I have to pay for it again and the description looks exactly like what I already have. I sent a support ticket to MobiSystems customer support but they haven't even acknowledged it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 12:00:37 PM PST
cyberservant says:
My Fire had an update for Office Suite Pro 5 when I turned it on this morning. It now has Google docs.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 3:35:59 PM PST
J. Buck says:
Anyone know if OfficeSuite supports spreadsheets previously saved in "*.ods" format? These files are excel-alike files created on Open Office, a free open document format office suite.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 8:50:27 PM PST
JSILER says:
Question: how do I go about following hyperlinks (within or outside of spreadsheets, docs, etc) in Officesuite Pro 5? Any help is appreciated..

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 8:11:48 PM PST
cyberservant says:
Hold your finger down on the link and choose open link from the popup

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 4:58:23 PM PST
I cannot get it to email any documents at all. Says no such option exists. How do I get this app to email????? Help please

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 10:36:56 PM PST
I email documents I have made in this app, but I do so through my email app or the web browser logged into my email. I just attach the saved file I made. Or if I type an email draft this app, I just select and copy the text to then paste in.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 5:12:29 PM PDT
You are in the Kindle Fire forum, so I will assume you are attempting to email from your Kindle Fire. I have always had luck emailing directly from the email app directly and attaching docs from within that app.

Hope that helps. I am just trying to determine if this app will work for me. So, please forgive me, I have yet to determine if this application will work well with Kindle Fire and its email app. but the email app within Kindle works well in terms of attachments.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:58:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 12:45:32 AM PDT
neek says:
Just downloaded Office Suite Professional Pro to my kindle fire so I could create documents. That's what was in the description, right? "Create documents?" I also read a review in which a kf owner created documents with this app. So...I can write it, and go to "save" or "save as" and...no saving occurs. No document is actually CREATED. I feel like a dummy. Can someone explain how to actually create --- write and save and keep and open and edit and resave etc? Do I need an accessory keyboard? Pay extra $ for an "enter" or "create document" button to appear? A reviewer also mentioned templates they used to CREATE documents. Sheesh. Thanks for any help

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:23:18 AM PDT
Eleanor Neal says:
If I email myself a doc from Word that I made on my computer, can I get it to go to Office Suite Pro and edit it. It is in the "docs" tab on my Fire, but I don't see any way to get it into the program.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 5:34:47 PM PDT
eeagle says:
To save a file on the Fire press the center icon (next to the back arrow) and select File. the SAVE options will be under File.

Now to figure out how to transfer wirelessly to either your PC or better yet default to Googel Document.

Even better would be an interface to the Amazon Cloud :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 10:55:20 PM PDT
neek says:
Thanks eeagle, but I've been doing that, and it's not saving, or if it is it's not retrievable. Won't let me name it, nothing. It 's like...there's an enter button missing or something. I know. I feel like a dummy. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 4:59:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 5:06:32 PM PST
deninaff says:
I clicked on the little floppy disk icon and saved as a word document (docx). On the next screen I saw an "untitled," so I clicked on it so that it was highlighted. I typed in what I wanted to name the document and then I clicked again on the floppy disk icon (which was then on the right side of the screen. It was saved. When I went to my home page, I could see an icon for my word document and the title of my document as well. It's the only thing I've ever saved, and I have no idea how it will all be displayed once I have more than one document saved.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 11:40:40 AM PST
neek says:
Thanks deninaff-- yeah I finally figured it out! Now I'm a document creating file saving new folder organizing fool!
neek

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:49:54 AM PST
Joanne says:
I am able to access my documents in Google docs (now Google drive, apparently), but I haven't figured out a way to save it to my Kindle Fire so I can access it when I don't have wifi access. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
OfficeSuite Professional 7
OfficeSuite Professional 7 by Mobile Systems, Inc.
3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,126)