Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2010 8:52:04 AM PST
What is happening to the Kindle prices? Both the new Parker and Cussler books are not the usual Kindle price. We'll be buying less Kindle books from now on.

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 11:00:16 AM PST
Have patience. Many hardcovers for best selling authors come out above the 9.99 standard on the first day of release. MOST drop to 9.99 within two weeks. I feel that that is a reasonable practice - If I've got to have the book on the first day the author is probably worth the extra few dollars. I would only be upset if the release were still this price a month from now.

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 4:43:54 AM PST
Do not give up on your kindle. eBooks are the future of reading! The big publishing houses are fighting it. Even the ones who are starting to embrace the idea can't yet give up their old ways. They fight the tide just like the music and movies industries did. Have faith that their are a lot of people who feel like you about kindle prices. I even know of one new ePublishing house (Shadowfall Publications) that agrees and is fighting on the readers side. They have only a few books available now but one is an Bram Stoker winner and priced at only $2.99. Keep an eye out as I think that new imprints like Shadowfall and Self Published authors will shape this new marketplace. Remember this is still in it's infancy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about