Customer Discussions > The Amazon Kindle FAQ forum

Kindle stuck!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 106 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2008 3:58:57 AM PST
My Kindle is stuck on one page and won't move! Won't turn off either! I haven't gotten any feedback from support either. When reset still doesn't do anything. Anyone have any advice or soultions??? Thanks.
Lillian H.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 6:33:22 AM PST
Brian Jones says:
Hello,
I assume you have removed the battery for a period of time (like 5 to 10 mins). Some devices hold memory for several minutes for battery changes and the like...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2008 3:00:01 PM PST
No Brian. I haven't removed the battery. I'll try it. What is the purpose? Thanks!
I'll let you know what happens.
Lillian

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2009 6:27:51 AM PDT
Knitter says:
My Kindle is stuck, too --- how did you get your Kindle to reset? Also, did removing the battery work for you?
Niki

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2009 11:07:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2009 12:41:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 7:09:00 AM PDT
D. S. Ogren says:
The manual says to hold the on/off button in the off position for 15 seconds then release. I followed the instructions with great results.

Posted on Jan 6, 2010 7:20:11 PM PST
You can't remove the battery. It isn't made that way. Just push in the reset, hold it in for about 5 seconds, then wait. The Kindle should be on when doing the reset.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2010 10:47:41 AM PST
Clay Chip says:
You can in the Kindle 1. Always a good idea when reset fails is to remove the power source for 5-10 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010 6:39:50 PM PST
C. Lague says:
holding the on/off button worked like a charm for me--thank you.

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 7:37:43 PM PST
ggmm says:
I have a Kindle DX. Stuck on sleep mode and nothing- no amount of holding the reset switch helps. It's stuck. :(

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 7:38:27 PM PST
ggmm says:
I have a Kindle DX. Stuck on sleep mode and nothing- no amount of holding the reset switch helps. It's stuck. :(

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 7:38:33 PM PST
ggmm says:

Posted on May 31, 2010 12:37:54 PM PDT
did the rest thing and it worked great. thanks

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 6:18:05 AM PDT
S. Crum says:
My Kindle has been getting stuck since day 1...I love this thing but Dang! Right now deployed overseas and cannot get any help. Stuck on the same page, reset (holding the power switch to the right for 15 seconds) has not worked and even when I plugged in the power cord the recharge light is not going on...should I just the charge run out or is something else I can do...please help

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2010 1:05:27 PM PDT
A. Schiffrin says:
Me too!! I am also overseas with constant problems. Today it decided to open up the search box and it would not budge for hours. I just tried holding the power button for 30 seconds too. That seems to have worked so thanks to the folks who suggested it. I checked the manual and it was no help.

Posted on Jul 25, 2010 10:55:36 AM PDT
Roslyn says:
My screen save image is stuck on half my kindle screen, can not read entire page. Please help

Posted on Sep 10, 2010 4:03:10 PM PDT
h. lenz says:
Mine arrived today. It got stuck while i was checking out the settings. I tried to do the reset thing - the stuck page went away and so did everything else...thoughts?

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 8:08:01 AM PDT
Hi Guys, by the reset button do you mean where you turn it on and off? Mine is stuck on a sample download which i have read and then deleted, but when i tried to load up another sample the old one appears. Also, i don't seem on be able to find the reset thing in settings. I'm really annoyed- i was made up with it until this point. i only had it yesterday! :-( can anyone help?
Thanks, H

Posted on Oct 23, 2010 12:28:36 PM PDT
J. Lumijarvi says:
My Kindle 3 got stuck today in the screen where it says to wait little while Kindle is loading. At first the reset thing did nothing, but second time it helped. So it might help to try for few times.

Posted on Oct 31, 2010 2:19:49 PM PDT
dropped my kindle and now only half the display shows. Help

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 3:45:45 PM PST
Sylvia Banks says:
where is the reset button

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2010 4:25:50 AM PST
R. Philip says:
I did it in my Kindle and it worked. Thanks a lot Ogren.

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 8:23:04 AM PST
My Kindle now sticks regularly when I highlight. I come to the end of the highlight and click and it sticks. I have to turn it off and then back on to get it moving again. What is the problem? More important, what is the solution? There seems to be a major flaw in the software for the device. Will it be fixed?

Posted on Dec 21, 2010 11:55:10 PM PST
My kindle sticks regularly and frustratingly when I highlight. I have read the solutions but WHY do we need solutions. Shouldn't this software or hardware glitch be fixed by the manufacturer of the seller. If I buy a car and the engine stops regularly I do not want to know how to restart the damn engine, I want a car that works. I want a Kindle that works the way they say it is supposed to work. I paid for that! I am tired of resetting and taking the battery out. Amazon, make and sell a device that works the way you describe it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2010 11:12:14 AM PST
E. Berryhill says:
Holding the reset button for 15 seconds really worked well when my Kindle got stuck!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  91
Total posts:  106
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2008
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Amazon Kindle FAQ
The Amazon Kindle FAQ by Leslie H. Nicoll
4.1 out of 5 stars   (14)