Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2009 7:11:01 AM PDT
They should make a feature to buy both the kindle version
of a book, and its paper back counter part. Buy both and get a discount.

Posted on Jun 6, 2009 11:31:25 AM PDT
Alexis C. says:
I think that's a great idea!

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 8:33:09 PM PDT
I agree.
Today I ordered a book b/c I like to have a hard copy every now and then especially when reading material I am studying.
I almost expected there would be an option to own the kindle version. Did I miss it?
If it isn't there please add this functionality.
I am flying tomorrow and would really like to read the book, even if it was temporary, i.e. checking out a book from the library?
Everybody used to go to the library. :-)

Keep up the great work Amazonians.

Paul

(I have the iPhone Kindle app and not the official Kindle)

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 8:28:18 PM PDT
Joe Lucas says:
Kindle version should be the cheapest...come on bezos...

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 1:47:07 PM PST
I will not buy a book in print or Kindle version when I see the price of the kindle version is higher. I view that pricing as greed. To combat the greed, I buy something else. Please join in on this.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 7:57:31 AM PDT
If one buys the hardback or paperback one should get the electronic version for free - since one has already bought the rights to read the book.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:40:51 PM PDT
Both paper and kindle versions have their own advantages and disadvantages so I have a hard time in determining which format I should get. If I already purchased "the book", it would make sense to have the kindle version for free, or for a minimal amount of money, for the service provided by amazon.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 1:16:15 PM PST
I also agree that when you buy both the book and the kindle version you should get a discount at least. But I see that from amazons point a view that might not be a good thing. My suggestion is to make it possible to return de kindle version and get your money back if you also bought the book.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 8:29:23 AM PST
Shep says:
is there a way i can mail amazon a book and they give me the kindle edition? They keep the book, i get it on my tablet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2014 11:31:19 PM PST
Venetia says:
That's very brilliant!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pride And Prejudice And Zombies
Pride And Prejudice And Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith (Paperback - 2009)
3.4 out of 5 stars (1,020)