Kindle version more expensive!?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2009 6:32:48 PM PDT
Cranberry says:
Why is the Kindle version more expensive than the print version?

Posted on Sep 15, 2009 5:39:13 AM PDT
Cranberry says:
They changed the price after the original post!

Posted on Sep 15, 2009 12:38:38 PM PDT
exBFF says:
still too high. Give it a week...it'll drop under $10.

Posted on Sep 15, 2009 3:35:35 PM PDT
ANB says:
I was wondering that. Since I'm new to the Kindle. do you find books go up in pricing or down more frequently?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2009 5:41:19 PM PDT
Dana says:
The first week its usually most expensive and generally goes down within a month. They do it to get those who can't wait and want it when it comes out to pay more.

Posted on Sep 19, 2009 5:32:32 AM PDT
It went down $1!

Posted on Sep 19, 2009 2:52:33 PM PDT
J. Stoneberg says:
Another high priced book: Rough Country by John Sandford (pre-order)

Rough Country (Virgil Flowers) by John Sandford (Hardcover - Sep 29, 2009)
Buy new: $14.55

Rough Country by John Sandford (Kindle Edition - Sep 29, 2009) - Kindle Book
Buy: $14.82

The Kindle ebook is $.27 MORE than the hardcover! I checked B&N ebooks and it is listed there for more than the hardcover as well. So much for $9.99!

I'd suggest never pre-ordering unless the price is $9.99, as the prices do go down after publication. Sometimes the price will continue to go down, you just have to keep an eye on it.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 8:46:42 AM PDT
My wife and I have taken the position that we will purchase no Kindle edition for more than $9.99 as we calculated the break point in the Kindle price was a purchase of 30 titles using the $9.99 in relation to the "normal" Amazon hardback price. Since we now have two Kindles we need to purchase 60 titles. If you really want read a new book that is more than $9.99 we recommend purchasing a hardcopy and then having it to share with others or sell on e-Bay.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 2:22:59 PM PDT
Chad Estes says:
I'm also very disappointed that the text-to-speech has been disabled for this book. That is one of the benefits of being able to continue to 'read' when I get in my vehicle, and why my Kindle is always with me. Now instead of purchasing this book, I just got in the queue at the library.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 9:01:07 AM PDT
P. McCracken says:
I assumed that text-to-speech would be disabled here, since they're selling an audio version for something like $22. But my question is this: is there a place on the Amazon Product page to show if text-to-speech works for any given title?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2009 7:52:25 PM PDT
JC Warren says:
Yes! Usually if the book has text-to-speech enabled there will be a comment directly under the price lists; Text-to-Speech: Enabled.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2009 6:22:28 PM PDT
P. McCracken says:
Thanks very much. I looked for that, and noticed it, today while looking at books in the Kindle store. Thanks again.

Posted on Jan 30, 2010 10:18:40 AM PST
F1Fan says:
This really bothers me... when a book which has to be printed requiring the killing of trees and resouces to do it is cheaper than a electronic book..
Crazy Like Us: The Globalization of the American Psyche

Crazy Like Us: The Globalization of the American Psyche

Don't the publishers get it...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman
Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman by Jon Krakauer (Paperback - July 27, 2010)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (519)