Customer Discussions > Outlander forum

Kindle version vs. paperback version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2012 11:35:55 PM PDT
P. Moore says:
Is the kindle version abridged from the paperback version?

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 4:50:30 PM PDT
Mary Sherman says:
I was curious about that myself - I have the paperback version and read it prior to the Kindle, and just noticed that the scene where Jamie beats Claire after she runs away is cut short in the Kindle version. Did they get complaints? I am really annoyed about it and am tempted to return the Kindle version and go back to the book.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 2:43:04 AM PDT
P. Moore says:
I would like to hear from Kindle's leadership. Can the paying comsumer be assured that kindle products are unabridged from the paper version of ANY book. If there is any abridged literature being sold, wouldn't that be misrepresentation of the product? I am concerned that with the decline of bookstores and the printed word, we are being sold an ferior product in the Kindle versions of books.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:17:53 PM PST
kuterbj says:
My eyesight is very poor. I can no longer read print books. Thank Amazon for Kindle. I would miss so much without it. If the Kindle edition has some shortened parts, I will never know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 6:22:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2013 6:24:26 PM PST
Lauri S. says:
i think it is. i feel cheated. i'm sure of it. i know when i read the paperback years ago, the ending made me start the book over immediately, the kindle version didn't end the same way, and leaves you wondering what the heck when dragonfly in amber starts

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 2:23:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2014 11:20:35 AM PST
L.Sea says:
Ohhhhh.... I hope this is not true!
I will check the book with the Kindle version... word for word.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 11:18:43 AM PST
L.Sea says:
I read this discussion hours ago...and was beyond annoyed to think I just ordered a slightly censored Kindle version.

I am very relieved and delighted to tell you that my Kindle version of Outlander is NOT abbreviated in any way (at least regarding chapter 22) which is the chapter Jamie beats Claire.
(please believe me. I checked the entire chapter word for word with my Outlander book).

There are 3 possibilities going on.
#1. A very small group of people made such an huge issue out of the beating... (because they did not understand it)... that people started thinking "the beating" was far more severe than it was actually written in the story.... or....
#2. Some people got a defective Kindle download, and should ask for an exchange... or...
#3. if you ordered an "Audio Version"..... Audio versions are always slightly abbreviated, unless they specifically say: Unabridged.

Hope this was helpful.

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 12:06:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 26, 2014 1:20:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 12:52:08 PM PDT
The kindle version says that it contains actual page numbers and I noticed while reading that I was on page 280 of 550. I'm confused. Isn't the look close to 900 pages long? Can anyone explain the discrepancy?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Outlander forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 27, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Cross Stitch (Outlander)
Cross Stitch (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - March 4, 2002)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (9,232)