Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2009 7:21:02 AM PDT
James Orr says:
Where's the "I want this on kindle" option?

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 8:36:12 AM PDT
Dan Lastoria says:
Wow, I came here to post the exact same thing. I just finished reading Stolen Throne, and am dying to read this, but I'd prefer to get the Kindle version.

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 10:38:07 AM PDT
Same thing, just finished the Kindle version of Stolen Throne, now I'm ready for The Calling. Would like to finish it prior to DAO release next week :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2009 10:45:26 AM PDT
Dan Lastoria says:
Me, too...Tuesday is coming fast. I really liked Stolen Throne. I didn't expect it to be such a good read, I really just thought I would get some nice insight into the Dragon Age world, but I was pleasantly surprised!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2009 10:49:55 AM PDT
That is exactly what my thoughts were regarding Stolen Throne. I was surprised that the book was well written. I do feel that he tried to cover too much in a single book, however.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 11:12:59 AM PST
James Orr says:
The link for "I want to read this on kindle" is now there in the usual place. I am surprised it's not already available as I think the first book was right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2009 11:14:32 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
Yup, I just clicked it! Hope they're working on it. Obviously we won't get a chance to read it before the game comes out, but might be just as good to read along with playing the game.

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 2:37:52 PM PST
Thanks James, I've just clicked it as well. I think the publisher missed an opportunity here with the game release happening tomorrow. I'd like to have read it in the weeks leading up to the games release to help pass the time. Now that the game is out (tomorrow) I may be too busy in my free time playing DA:O that I'll forget to buy the book :-p

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 8:32:54 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
I'm about 20 hours into the game so far, and still dying to read this book! I do think it'll be just as good to read as a "companion" novel, as it would have been as a "prequel" novel.

I hope it hits Kindle in the next week or two...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 12:16:54 PM PST
James Orr says:
I'm not that far into the game yet, but I definitely want to see how this fills the gap between the events in the first book and what's happening in the game so far. I have to say that having read the first book it makes me much more curious about certain characters motivations for what they are doing in the game than I would otherwise have been.

Sorry if that sounds a bit vague, trying to avoid posting anything that might be a spoiler :).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2009 12:26:28 PM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
Ha! I know exactly what you're saying and couldn't agree more. That's why I'm really interested in sinking my teeth into this book as well. But I definitely would prefer to wait for Kindle version. First book was quite good, the game is truly amazing, and I have a feeling that this book will pull the two together quite nicely.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 10:26:08 AM PST
M.P. says:
I'm wondering if it will come out on Kindle. It's already available as an ebook here: http://us.macmillan.com/dragonagethecalling

It's available in PDF or nook format. I wonder if there's some kind of exclusivity deal. It's a shame, if I can't get it on my kindle, I won't bother getting it. I also enjoyed the first book and love the DA:O game and universe.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 10:52:56 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
I agree 100% with M.P....I won't get it until it hits Kindle. Even though I really enjoyed the first book and the DAO game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2009 11:51:53 AM PST
James Orr says:
Same here. Though if it's a DRM free PDF we should be able to convert it to kindle format ourselves.

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 6:39:18 PM PST
M.P. says:
I was just looking at that B&N Nook and it's got one key feature that will make me look at it seriously when my 1st generation Kindle finally dies - book lending. I hope that forces amazon to implement the feature in Kindles. The color screen on the Nook is silly :)

Posted on Nov 18, 2009 8:14:31 PM PST
James Orr says:
I have a 1st gen kindle too, I don't think I'll go with the nook though. The lending would be nice but I'll bet before long amazon will add something similar. I promised my wife that the next reader I get wouldn't be until either the kindle 3 comes out or the price drops to $200 :).

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 8:25:37 AM PST
M.P. says:
Apparently they don't care to sell this book to me. The first book is on the Kindle, and millions of people have Kindles, but why would you want to open up a revenue stream during a recession and get my $10?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2009 8:41:21 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
Sadly, I have to agree. I won't be purchasing this book unless it becomes available on Kindle. And hopefully that is soon, before the whole "Dragon Age" intrigue has passed. At least an explanation would be nice as to why the first book is available and this one is not. Perhaps it will be released soon, while I still have some interest in reading it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2009 10:53:20 AM PST
M.P. says:
I feel the same way. I finished The Stolen Throne on the Kindle yesterday. I really would have liked to start The Calling as I'm into Dragon Age right now and playing the game. But when that interest starts to fade, they won't get my money because I won't care anymore. As it is, I started the huge 1000+ page Stephen King book Under the Dome. That'll keep me going for a while. When I'm done with that, if this book isn't on Kindle, I'll start the Hitchhikers trilogy again and will never buy this book.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 9:37:55 AM PST
M.P. says:
Interesting ... this book IS available on the Kindle. Amazon has just screwed up and doesn't show it from here, but if you go to the kindle store through your kindle and search for david gaider, the book is there. I just bought it. It's the standard $9.99. Wonder why Amazon hasn't updated this web page to show it's available on the kindle.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 10:50:52 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
THANK YOU!

You are absolutely correct. I just purchased it as well. I'm in the middle of another book (Jeffrey Sommers, "Electric Church" -- highly recommended). But I'll be reading this one next.

Thanks for the tip M.J.!

Posted on Dec 22, 2009 7:23:39 AM PST
Dan Lastoria says:
...and finally the Kindle version is also listed on the Amazon product page.

Enjoy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Age: The Calling
Dragon Age: The Calling by David Gaider (Paperback - October 13, 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (65)