Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 9, 2012
This is too much fun on the kinect. Do you have what it takes to be a jedi? Maybe? Maybe not! Swing a light-saber and use the force to vanquish the bad-guys in a star-wars environment that is detailed and exciting. Recommendation - play with a friend or limit your play-time. This game is adicting as it is so much fun and such a beautifully rendered environment. The only downside is that it is a very very active game and you can get winded and sore very quickly (hence the recommendation to play with a friend that you can swap out with) or limit your play time. So get up off the couch and use the force )for good of course!. 5-star recommendation for gameplay, graphics, overall experience.
on July 8, 2012
This is a GREAT game - the action is top notch and the graphics are awesome. It's very engaging. The kinect controls are mostly good - just follow the instructions on keeping the room dark and an open space. I had some issues getting the kinect to recognize me but that was more my fault. The only issue I have is the length of the game - I finished it in 3 days, and I didn't play more than 1 1/2 hours a day. I am hoping that future games will be longer but still its a great game plus you have extras like Duels which is fun...... I recommend this game but be aware its not a long drawn out game......
on December 18, 2013
I rated this 5 stars and even though I had played this game prior to purchasing it, This game arrived in the condition it was described from the seller and it operates perfectly, so far.. This is such a fun game, I would recommend this to anyone who loves stars wars and bringing on a sweat. I'm glad I waited to buy this when I was a little cheaper because it doesn't hurt to know your not charged an arm and a leg, it made it that much more sweeter,

Thanks!
on May 11, 2012
I'll admit, after playing every movie tie-in game from Ghostbusters on the Apple II to Kung Fu Panda on the Kinect, I've grown a bit weary of them. Game publishers seem to know that they can produce a sub-par gaming experience, but as long as it contains characters and loose tie-ins to popular movies, they'll still sell a bundle.So my expectations for Star Wars Kinect were very low. Perhaps that's the best way to approach this game. If you go in expecting precise light saber control, graphics on par with the movies, or even a decent storyline, you'll likely be disappointed. On the other hand, if you want a game where you can build up a really, really good sweat and be moderately entertained in the process, you are going to want to add this one to your collection of Xbox Fitness games.

The game has several playing modes. The main mode is the story mode called "Jedi Destiny". The storyline takes place somewhere between the first and second movie. The story begins with the familiar Star Wars scrolling introduction and music. You're a young padawan being trained to be a Jedi due to the increase in the power of the dark side. You start by flying to the Wookie planet, where you meet Yoda, who leads you through the training. You actually meet a lot of familiar Star Wars characters, from Chewbacca to C3P0 and R2D2 to Mace Windu. Voice acting is passable but not great.

The training, of course, is mostly your getting acclimated to using the Kinect for gameplay. You get to start with controlling your light saber. Being able to foist a "real" light saber is of course one of the most anticipated features of any motion control Star Wars game, but in the case of Kinect Star Wars it's unfortunately one of the most disappointing. You never really feel in control of the light saber-for example, regardless of how you move your hands and arms the light saber will just make a "slashing" motion. Eventually you just learn that you have to flail your arms wildly to use the light saber (whether to deflect lasers shot toward you or to slash opponents in hand-to-hand combat). You do have some rudimentary control over high and low positioning of your light saber strikes and blocks, but precise one-to-one light saber control is probably something best done on the Playstation Move more so than the Kinect.

Happily, the rest of the game is perfectly suited for the Kinect. On the Wookie world, you go through an obstacle course where you learn to run (actually, just taking a step forward), kick, jump, and crouch, skills which you'll need throughout the game. A little icon will appear in the game any time you need to do any of these things.

By far the coolest feature of Kinect is when you use "The Force". You rear back with your left hand and point at an object (or villain) until it glows, and then you push forward to send it flying. This takes getting used to, but once you've mastered it you really feel like you can use the force anywhere (after playing the game I even tried using the force to grab my coffee mug from across the table...it didn't work). The inadequacy of light saber controls is mitigated somewhat by the ability to "force push" your opponents or hurl objects at them while you're striking them with the light saber.

You eventually learn other combinations; jumping while hurling your light saber down, for example, causes an earth-shattering effect that renders your opponents confused, which is especially handy for the tougher opponents. Here's an example of what happens when you put it all together:

Something else you get to do is fly a speeder bike through the forest. This too is a blast. You basically hold your arms out in front of you and steer by tilting your body left and right. You accelerate by leaning forward and brake by pulling back. You shoot enemies just by putting them within your sights (the gun will go off automatically, so there's no buttons to push). Later in the game you'll engage in space combat, where you man a gun turret a la Luke in the original Star Wars. Again, this is just a matter of leaning your body to control the gun scope.

I'll be honest-the storyline is very weak, to the point where by the second mission I lost pretty much any interest in what was going on. Something else that annoyed me was that the action seemed forced and gratuitous at times. For example, you'll spend minutes fighting off hordes of enemies, your droid companion will says something like "well, it looks like we got all of them", and then a whole new batch of enemies will magically appear. After this happens repeatedly, you start getting annoyed, as if you're swatting off swarms of mosquitoes rather than having meaningful battles.

But I have to admit, with the exception of Kung Fu High Impact and "pure exercise games" like The Biggest Loser or Your Shape, I don't think I got as good a workout with any other game. As other reviewers have noted, the physical activity in this game is intense. You're working out your upper body when you use your light saber to slash or to block, when you're controlling a pod racer or a spaceship, and even when you're using your "Force Grip" to hurl objects. You're getting a decent lower body workout every time you step forward to "run", and especially when you jump to leap over objects or to make the earth shatter with your light saber.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by Star Wars Kinect. Unlike most other Kinect games, this one seems to have gotten past the "Hey, isn't the Kinect cool!" type of game play and really uses the Kinect in new and inspired ways. The Kinect is obviously an integral part of the game and with the exception of light sabers seems to add a lot to the game. Granted, it's not a perfect game. The story line is weak and even tedious at times, and there is the noticeable lag that most of us have gotten used to with just about any Kinect game. But if you can get over these annoyances the workout value is excellent.
on January 31, 2014
I am always looking for ways to pass my love of Star Wars to others. Bought this for my 10 year old nephew along with an Xbox 360 for Christmas and he loves it. It keeps him a little more active than sitting on his bum playing a game.
on December 19, 2014
OK, let's begin with a little honesty: I saw Star Wars in 1977 as a child, and I have yearned to be a Jedi ever since. When my son was born, I made sure that he also would be a child of the Force. This game ALMOST made me purchase an Xbox 360 with Kinect when it was released in April 2012, but I resisted the urge for 2 1/2 years until this December 2014 (and likely saved myself almost $200 by waiting). I am not a hard-core gamer by any means, although I'm positive that my high scores on the 80's Donkey Kong and Popeye arcade games are still intact somewhere.

All things considered, I have not had more fun with a video game. Thus far, my son and I have made significant progress through the "Dark Side Rising" campaign, and have wreaked serious havoc as rancors in Mos Eisley, Theed, Mos Espa, and Felucia (there are different rancor species at each locale, and even a flying rancor). "Duel of Fates" is good practice for lightsaber duels and very soon, we will try our hand (hands, really) at pod racing and the Galactic Dance-Off, but we are having way too much fun swinging our lightsabers.

The primary complaint of most reviewers, that the lightsaber action is not completely realistic, is well founded. At the same time, that does not make any sense, and I would encourage everyone to read why this must be so at http://www.gamesradar.com/high-horse-stop-asking-11-star-wars-lightsaber-game/. The game often controls when and where you turn so that you are automatically directed toward remaining enemies. At the same time, you definitely control when you swing your lightsaber, and faster swings with broader strokes appear to translate to harder strikes and greater damage to enemies (those daggone Trandoshans in particular seemed to go down more easily with these kinds of hits). Moreover, the simultaneous ability to fight with your lightsaber and use the Force to grab and throw objects or enemies makes for extremely interesting (and challenging) gameplay, but doing both can make you much more effective.

For both the Dark Side Rising campaign and Rancor rampage, you swing, step, kick, jump, twist, and otherwise move your entire body. The battle action of the DSR campaign is punctuated by interludes, spacefights, and "obstacle-course"-like challenges, which were all welcome breaks from the non-stop dueling, but, when engaged with the proper enthusiasm, you will definitely get a serious workout. For fun, health, and family bonding, I am seriously loving this game and being able to rule the galaxy as father and son.

When we've engaged the other gameplay modes, I'll post an update. Keep the limitations of this game in perspective, and you will love it, too!
on June 27, 2016
As a SW fan and a fan of Kinect games in general, this is just a hoot to play. My 8 year old son loved the demo on our 360, and begged me to buy it for us to play. I'll be honest, there are better Star Wars games out there. And there are even better Kinect games. But for the price this sells for used, if you've got a Kinect and even a slight affinity towards Jedi, this is a must have.
Some mini games are better than others- my son and I enjoy the Jedi adventure story, and I'll admit to playing Rancor Rampage to blow off some steam now and then. The Galactic Dance Off is kind of silly, though. Sort of makes it feel cheesy and cheap, (jar jar binks style, if you know what I mean), but I suppose they wanted it to be fun for everyone of all ages and interests, so kudos to the developers for doing exactly that!

If I may admit, when starting the Jedi adventure and being trained to use a light saber, I started to really get sucked into it. The Jedi Master instructed me on screen to reach for my light saber (which flew into my avatar's hand), and feel its weight as I swing it around. I did that, and for a moment I felt like "Aw yeah, I can feel it!". Tons of fun!
on April 10, 2016
My 12 year old son got this for his birthday and he loves it!

As a wife and as a mom of 3 kids, I spend a lot of time shopping for deals on the best products out there for my family. It's important to me that if we're spending our hard earned money that we get a top notch product in return. I often rely on the reviews and opinions of others when contemplating purchasing a new product that I haven't tried before myself. Because of that, any products that I buy (whether on Amazon or from a 3rd party) I always make sure to leave a detailed review of the product to help others when selecting items to purchase, as well. My family tests these products fully before forming a solid opinion and writing a review. When I write a review, I keep in mind that those reading are also looking for honesty about the product and want an unbiased opinion to go by. If my review has been helpful to you, please give me a "Yes" vote on my review. Thank you!
== Disclosure ==

>>> I am a Star Wars fan! <<<

== Summary ==

I have played some Kinect other games and I loved this game. It is fun, its graphics are nice and the game-play is excellent. The many game modes are enough to keep he whole family entertained: you have races, fighting, dancing, monsters and of course the light saber!

It could have a deeper story, but on my opinion it makes a really good debut on Kinect technology.

== Pros ==

* It is easy to play and to learn how to play
* There are many game modes
* The Star Wars theme is engaging
* It uses most of the Kinect features

== Cons ==

* It could be more responsive
* It was one of the first Kinect games to be released, so the technology is not used at its best
* The light saber could have more freedom to use
* It could have more moves using "The Force"

== Conclusion ==

* If you are a Star Wars fan buy it
* If you always wanted to be a Jedi, buy it
* Play it at your own risk: you will have plenty of exercise with this game ;-)
* If your want a game everyone will want to play on Kinect this is the one to buy
on July 21, 2014
This game is really fun. If you are a star wars fan or not it is addicting either way. It may feel tough to try and beat this is one go through because you have to jump and move a lot, but you get to feel like a real Jedi while doing it. You can use your hands to grab objects with the force or even throw droids off cliffs, and you can even force push droids or deflect their bullets back into their faces. It's a must have for anybody that has a Kinect.