Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 31, 2011
We own all of the Kinect titles for kids and this one has taken my daughter by storm. It's far and above her favorite title. Forget the dancing, rafting and sports titles. This one has stolen her heart (in a good way).

My 6 year old girl gets a lot of joy out of taking her bears/cats on various adventures. And as a dad, I'm impressed with the re-playability of this game. The landscape for adventures and puzzles is immense and I don't see her finishing off all of the adventures for months to come.

As for the bears, they're nice to have as an option (as well as the additional island for their adventures). But even with the cats alone, this game is a ton of immersive fun.

A FEW TIPS

Animal Gestures - There are two pages in the instruction booklet that show you how to make your bear do tricks (motions you make so the cats roll over, stand on their hind legs, etc.) and use spoken commands to switch the play mode (grab a toy from the toy box, view the map, etc.). Copy these two pages, laminate them and keep them handy. It's hard for anyone (grown-ups included) to remember all of these maneuvers that are needed frequently throughout the game. Especially useful if you put the game down for a few days and forget these needed gestures.

Occasionally Need To Read - Unless your child can read, a parent helping out the first few times will go a long way. The fairy-like assistant in the game will step your child through a number of things verbally and even demonstrate with her little fairy body any movements you have to make. But she doesn't repeat herself in certain situations. And a little text prompt will appear instead. If your child can't read the prompt (like, "Get your bear to stand on its hind legs by holding your arms out in a `T' shape"), they might not be able to complete a challenge before the timer runs out.

OTHER THOUGHTS

The game is delightfully forgiving. There's no "Awww - too bad!" when a child doesn't complete a timed challenge in the allotted time. Your child is free to roam around and perform free play, play 'in the world' and just rub, scratch or clean her little pet instead of being nagged to complete the next step of an adventure or challenge.

My daughter enjoys collecting the points necessary to add items to her collection to outfit her little cat's home. It's like a mini online collection (and far less messy than the Polly Pocket paraphernalia all over her bedroom floor).

Overall, a good, immersive game that's got tons of repeat playability for little kids 5 and older.
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2012
I have a two year old granddaughter and she loves it. I also have an 11 year old grandson who likes a lot of war games. To my surprise he loved it and plays it now more than the war games. It is worth twice what I paid for it just to keep him off the violence.
on October 30, 2011
Great game, can't say enough about it. Whether you are a fan of the orginal, or this is your first time, you will love this game...if you keep in mind it is a kids game. Nothing more, but way too cute. BUT WARNING, you don't seem to have to shell out $50 for the "now with bears" if you own the 1st game. For about $15 you can get the bears as a DLC add on.
33 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
My 4 year old grandson is enthralled with this game. He kept going to the TV screen to touch the animals. Thanks Microsoft for a great update.
on March 11, 2014
One thing I want to make clear right now, since I was confused about this until I got the game, is that this version has BOTH the original cats and the new bears included. The original release of the game on disc had only cats, and there was downloadable content on Xbox Live that added the bears for $15. Now for $14.99 (as of this writing) you can have both cats and bears!

I got this game for my almost 4 and almost 7 year old daughters, and they both love it. They both could play for hours if I would let them! As others have said, a lot of the "game play" is pretty simple and not very involved, but there are some skills needed to complete a few of the challenges my kids have come across so far. Enough so that my almost 4 year old has a little trouble with them. Older kids should not. I would also like to note that my kids, especially my older daughter, absolutely LOVE cats of all sizes so I'm sure this helps her enjoy the game that much more. I would not recommend this game for kids who are just into video games in general as it is too simple... but I will say the technology is pretty cool (even though the Xbox 360 Kinect is a bit lacking in fidelity).
on January 8, 2012
My kids are 5, 6 and 7 and they absolutely love this game. Love how they can really interact with their chosen animal.
on December 3, 2013
Cute but have had trouble figuring out how to add additional players. I am not much of a tech person, my daughters know far more than I do, but none of us could get it figured out. It does have instructions on how to do it but it doesn't seem to work properly. It is the most adorable game I have ever seen though. Definately recommended, especially for kids 6 and under. Even my older ones were oooing and ahhhing over the cuteness!!!
on January 14, 2014
This game has some good attributes. It is very touchy while using the Kinect sensor and doesn't correctly stabilize the hands of a small girl. She has a vast amount of trouble even getting past the main menu. I recommend this for someone older than 5.
on March 25, 2016
Love watching my niece play this game. She gets to pick out and name the animals then go on adventures with them. This is a very interactive game and three adults enjoyed watching her play. You can take pictures of the actual people in the room with you at the time and then frame and hang it up in your house in the game. Since I am here from out of state it made our picture very special to have together in the game. Great fun memories. Kinectimals - Now with Bears - Xbox 360
review image review image
on January 5, 2012
I purchased this game for my 7 year old grandson for Christmas, he loves it. I live in WI and he visited from VA. He played it on his cousins game system. He had a blast. I ordered it from Amazon on Dec 7th and it came within a week