In Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition, Dr. Melinda Rybski presents the theoretical background for understanding the kinematics and kinetics of normal human physiological movement. Each specific joint is assessed in terms of musculoskeletal function, movements possible, and an overview of pathology that may develop.
Following these discussions, Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition addresses recognition of normal movement, as well as interventions or adaptations for those with movement impairment through theoretic principles associated with biomechanical and rehabilitation frames of reference.
· Hands-on activities to relate and apply conceptual information to actual case studies
· Goal statements and theoretic principles for the frames of reference in discussion
· Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, 2E terminology and evidence-based literature supporting the assessments and interventions covered
Techniques of measuring musculoskeletal function include manual muscle testing, range of motion assessments, and assessment of coordination and hand function.
New to the Second Edition:
· More evidence to support treatment options
· More on assessment of individual joints
· Access to online tutorials for goniometry and manual muscle testing, with new text purchase
· Includes over 300 tables and images throughout
· Practical application of surface anatomy to identify skeletal landmarks and muscles
· Chapters updated to address intervention frames of reference used in OT
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional material to be used for teaching in the classroom.
Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition clearly outlines the need for an understanding of kinesiology in occupational therapy, providing occupational therapists with the evidence necessary to support their treatment strategies.
You will receive access to Goniometry and Manual Muscle Testing interactive learning tutorials FREE for 120 days with your new text purchase of Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition. Watch the videos, read the text, listen to the experts explain the techniques—all at your own pace.
Visit www.slackinteractive.com for more details.