4.0 out of 5 stars High-quality, expensive
I'm always willing to pay for quality, and I'd buy these again. The drawbacks versus Pyrex are that Kinetic doesn't sell sizes as large as Pyrex, and that Pyrex can be used in the oven and these can't. But the lids on these are way better than Pyrex lids.

Published on December 17, 2009 by Greg Smalter

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION: lids trap mold
Published 15 months ago by jessica

4.0 out of 5 stars High-quality, expensive, December 17, 2009
Greg Smalter (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kinetic Go Green Glasslock Food Storage Container Set 01351 with Lids, 16-Piece (Kitchen)

The thing that bothers me is they come with a big warning that says "Do NOT store these with the lids on." First of all, they ship with the lids on. Second, it sounds as though they don't want to stand behind their product in that if you do what any normal person would do, I guess they're saying the gaskets will fail on your or something. I contacted the company about this and did not receive a response. Anyway, if you follow the directions, I guess you're supposed to have loose lids floating around in your cabinet, which is a step back from Rubbermaid. I store them with the lids on (but not snapped). We'll see how that goes. Even if the gaskets deteriorate and become non-water-tight, the lids would still be better than Pyrex, so I still give these 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars promising start, July 24, 2010
I bought these for one single purpose: to keep really-really stinky cheeses such as Limburger from stinking up the entire refrigerator. Only time will tell if my goal will be achieved but based on a couple of days of experience, it seems to work. These containers are very well built and they look of much higher quality than any other food storage container I ever owned. Of course, surprise-surprise, they are also much more expensive.

UPDATE on August 13, 2011. They work superbly and I bought many more. I keep all my cheeses in them (wrapped in rubber-banded wax paper); separate containers for different cheeses. They are also great for sun-dried tomatos, olives, chocolate, dates, nuts, etc. TJMaxx and equivalent are the cheapest places to buy, or BedBathBeyond with the usual 20%-off coupons.

4.0 out of 5 stars great quality, but sizes just okay, February 11, 2010
Lili (Newton, MA) - See all my reviews
Bought the 16 pc. set for storage and for my husband to bring lunch to work. Quality is great, lids good & weight isn't too heavy. But the sizes are a bit awkward. The large ones are obviously too big to bring for work, but the medium ones are too small, and the small is way too small. This set is definitely more useful for food storage; I find them too awkward & limiting for bringing lunch. They should make another size, bigger than the mediums and smaller than larges. That would be perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION: lids trap mold, August 18, 2013
I LOVED these containers, bought them around a year ago and I hate to feel I have to write a bad review. However there is some kind of defect in the lid design which creates a mold trap. After a year, I noticed thin black streaks in between the pale green rubber seals, and no matter what I did to try to clean them, I couldn't get the mold out. If you've had yours for a while, be sure to inspect them carefully. A friend of mine noticed the same thing happen with hers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, February 10, 2011
As long as you remember to take the lid off before sticking in the microwave, these containers are super convenient! I can take soup to work in my backpack, which gets thrown about and beaten pretty badly before I get to my desk, and it won't leak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!, March 29, 2012
I upgraded from normal Tupperware-- best decision ever! If you get many of the same size they don't stack into each other, but I don't even mind because of how easy and convenient they are. If you are on the fence, just do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage set, November 28, 2009
I bought this set on another web site for $49.99 plus around $8.00 for shipping. I love this set. I didn't find the lids to be difficult to open or snap close. Very attractive. Love the different sizes. I plan on buying a few more smaller ones since I tend to use more of them. Used them for the first time after Thanksgiving.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't stack, December 4, 2012
LOVE these as to quality and the lids fit securely. The problem is they don't stack and take up a huge area to store. My bad- I should have thought about the stacking issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars This changed our world!, February 18, 2014
Mom of 5 (Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews
We moved. We decided to get more green. We threw out all the plastic. OK, most of it. We replaced old Tupperware and various storage containers with these. I needed something with TIGHT, with unleakable lids, for my husband's lunches. I had visited a home where the wife had gone green, had no plastic, everything re-usable for her children's many allergies, etc. Was so impressed. Copied her. WE LOVE THIS SET!!! No going back. We even bought another. These are such a pleasure to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Wonders, November 16, 2013
Weston A. Deboer (north hollywood, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these because sweethome said they were amazing, and they are! I dropped one of the larger ones and was scared that all the pasta was going to spill out everywhere and stain the floor and the door and the chairs. Amazingly that never happened! It was like the tupperwear gods gave me a heads up on this.