Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kinetic GoGREEN Glassworks Series 16 Piece Oven Safe Glass Food Storage Container Set with Lids (8 Containers and 8 Lids) 01351
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 17, 2009
I'm always willing to pay for quality, and I'd buy these again. The drawbacks versus Pyrex are that Kinetic doesn't sell sizes as large as Pyrex, and that Pyrex can be used in the oven and these can't. But the lids on these are way better than Pyrex lids.

The thing that bothers me is they come with a big warning that says "Do NOT store these with the lids on." First of all, they ship with the lids on. Second, it sounds as though they don't want to stand behind their product in that if you do what any normal person would do, I guess they're saying the gaskets will fail on your or something. I contacted the company about this and did not receive a response. Anyway, if you follow the directions, I guess you're supposed to have loose lids floating around in your cabinet, which is a step back from Rubbermaid. I store them with the lids on (but not snapped). We'll see how that goes. Even if the gaskets deteriorate and become non-water-tight, the lids would still be better than Pyrex, so I still give these 4 stars.
66 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2010
I bought these for one single purpose: to keep really-really stinky cheeses such as Limburger from stinking up the entire refrigerator. Only time will tell if my goal will be achieved but based on a couple of days of experience, it seems to work. These containers are very well built and they look of much higher quality than any other food storage container I ever owned. Of course, surprise-surprise, they are also much more expensive.

UPDATE on August 13, 2011. They work superbly and I bought many more. I keep all my cheeses in them (wrapped in rubber-banded wax paper); separate containers for different cheeses. They are also great for sun-dried tomatos, olives, chocolate, dates, nuts, etc. TJMaxx and equivalent are the cheapest places to buy, or BedBathBeyond with the usual 20%-off coupons.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2010
Bought the 16 pc. set for storage and for my husband to bring lunch to work. Quality is great, lids good & weight isn't too heavy. But the sizes are a bit awkward. The large ones are obviously too big to bring for work, but the medium ones are too small, and the small is way too small. This set is definitely more useful for food storage; I find them too awkward & limiting for bringing lunch. They should make another size, bigger than the mediums and smaller than larges. That would be perfect.
on August 18, 2013
I LOVED these containers, bought them around a year ago and I hate to feel I have to write a bad review. However there is some kind of defect in the lid design which creates a mold trap. After a year, I noticed thin black streaks in between the pale green rubber seals, and no matter what I did to try to clean them, I couldn't get the mold out. If you've had yours for a while, be sure to inspect them carefully. A friend of mine noticed the same thing happen with hers.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
We moved. We decided to get more green. We threw out all the plastic. OK, most of it. We replaced old Tupperware and various storage containers with these. I needed something with TIGHT, with unleakable lids, for my husband's lunches. I had visited a home where the wife had gone green, had no plastic, everything re-usable for her children's many allergies, etc. Was so impressed. Copied her. WE LOVE THIS SET!!! No going back. We even bought another. These are such a pleasure to use.
on February 10, 2011
As long as you remember to take the lid off before sticking in the microwave, these containers are super convenient! I can take soup to work in my backpack, which gets thrown about and beaten pretty badly before I get to my desk, and it won't leak.
on March 29, 2012
I upgraded from normal Tupperware-- best decision ever! If you get many of the same size they don't stack into each other, but I don't even mind because of how easy and convenient they are. If you are on the fence, just do it.
on November 28, 2009
I bought this set on another web site for $49.99 plus around $8.00 for shipping. I love this set. I didn't find the lids to be difficult to open or snap close. Very attractive. Love the different sizes. I plan on buying a few more smaller ones since I tend to use more of them. Used them for the first time after Thanksgiving.
on October 7, 2013
We replaced all of our old plastic storage containers with these because we were tired of the plastic staining and we could not always see what was in the container without opening it. Due to the fact that these are glass they are heavy but we have adapted.
on January 30, 2014
These were a gift for my mother for Christmas, and she absolutely loves them! She refuses to use any of the old glassware she has, and only uses her Kinetic ones now. Ironically, most people were complaining about the sizes of these, but it was the opposite for us--they were all the perfect sizes! (Most sets that you can buy today are all your typical sizes, but that never seems to fit our needs.) Some of them are a bit difficult to snap, but, in my opinion, that just means that the lid isn't going anywhere. We won't have to worry about it coming off during the bumpy ride in the car, and spilling food everywhere.

It's obvious that these are well made. I was originally going to buy another brand, but, thanks to another reviewer, decided to get these instead. I'm very glad that I did. It took my mother a few weeks to stop raving over them--and she still mentions how much she loves them every time she pulls one out to put leftovers in it. Needless to say, this was a wonderful investment, and I would definitely order from this company again!