The Kinetic Road Machine Indoor Bicycle Trainer
Perfect for sprints, intervals, and all-day cruising, the Kinetic Road Machine offers smooth, quiet resistance for indoor training. Like every Kinetic Trainer, the Road Machine operates with a 100% leak-proof, patented magnetic drive system. The power calibration gives you true outdoor simulation while the automatic resistance adjusts as you change speeds.
Real Road Feel with an Automatically Adjusting WorkloadWhen the rear wheel spins on a fluid trainer, an impeller rotates through liquid to create resistance and the resistance automatically increases with speed. The result is a smoother, quieter, more road-like experience. This is critical for any indoor cyclist--the faster you pedal the harder the workload gets, just like an outdoor ride.
Large 6.25 Flywheel
The Road Trainers 6.25-pound flywheel results in a smooth, road-like ride without altering the force curve. The flywheel delivers a realistic 15-second coast-down from 20 miles per hour.
Extra Stable Platform
With the trapezoidal leg design, the Road Trainer offers largest footprint of any trainer to keep power and motion focused on the flywheel. Even during hard, out-of-the-saddle pedaling, the ride remains rock steady.
Measurable and Repeatable Workload
Unlike other fluid trainers that lose resistance when the fluid is heated up, Kinetic Fluid Trainers use thermodynamically neutral liquid silicon to ensure a consistent, measurable and repeatable workload at all temperatures.
Low Operating Temperature
According to the laws of physics, energy is never lost or gained, but simply changes form. In the case of a fluid trainer, the energy of the spinning impeller inside the fluid chamber is converted into heat. Kinetic Fluid Trainers have been designed with 80 cast aluminum cooling fins to dissipate heat and provide the lowest operating temperature of any trainer.
Works with Specialty Bikes
The Road Trainer is fully compatible with wheels measuring from 22 to 29 inches (outside diameter), including bikes with flip-off skewers, breezer drops-outs, and nutted axles on track and BMX styling. A small wheel adapter is required for 16 to 21-inch wheels (sold separately).
Kinetic offers a 100 percent leakproof performance with a patented magnetic drive system that uses neodymium magnets to link the drive system together. This eliminates the problems caused when a physical drive shaft has to enter the fluid chamber--which means no need for O rings or seals that will eventually wear out and leak.
- 6.25-pound flywheel for 15-second coastdown from 20 mph
- Resistance from 5 to 3,000+ watts with power calibrated resistance unit
- Sealed fluid chamber with magnetically coupled driveshaft
- Thermodynamically neutral silicone resistance fluid
- 80 cooling fans to dissipate heat
- Guaranteed not to leak
- 2 1/8-inch roller reduces tire wear
- Fits 22 to 29-inch wheels (small wheel adapter required for 16 to 21-inch wheels)
- Unconditional lifetime warranty
- Lifetime crash replacement policy
- Uses one CR2032 battery for computer head (CY3205 or BA0115)
- Includes QR skewer
- Smooth quiet resistance from 5-3000 watts
- 6.25 lb. Freewheel for realistic coast down
- Sealed fluid chamber with magnetically-coupled driveshaft
- Guaranteed not to leak
- Unconditional Lifetime warranty on frame and resistance unit
- Compatible with all bikes with 16" to 29" diameter wheels
- Optional small wheel adapter required for 16" to 22" wheels