Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 26, 2014
My kids love this set but don't make the mistake I made.....you can buy this at walmart for $19.99.
55 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
The box set makes it look there is a lot more than what you actually get. The kinetic sand itself is very cool. However, the images and box size make it appear that you are going to get a lot more than actually comes in the box. The molds are tiny as well. Would not purchase this product again for that reason.
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2014
Yes, I was slightly disappointed with the amount of sand included but the box clearly states one pound. My true reason for 4 stars is I wish it cam with a lid for quick storage. I will store in a tub I already have for a similar activity. That said, this is a great product that is lots of fun for all ages and will keep my 5 year old busy using her imagination. I would definitely recommend.
review image
on October 8, 2014
I bought this product after seeing it in the store with a full tray of sand...when you get it home you quickly realize the 1 lb of sand that is included can not nearly cover the bottom of the tray more less be enjoyable for kids...I called the manufacturer customer service and complained that picture on the box did not match the contents and Amanda basically said there was nothing she could do and the picture on the box was simply an artists rendition and not to be confused with what was actually in the box...well...I'm confused...horrible customer service and deceptive packaging...not someone I want to do business with...I'm taking mine back for a refund...
88 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
I felt very deceived when my daughter opened this up for her sleepover for her birthday. The picture on the box and the picture used to advertise shows a lot more sand than what comes in the pack. There wasn't enough sand to even cover the bottom of the tray that comes with it. This is just ridiculous.
on April 5, 2015
My dog survived - thank goodness. But beware this product is basically sticky sand and in a tummy it turns into a rock and blocks digestion which can be deadly. My son loved to play with it though however he is old enough to know not to eat it - so keep away from smaller children they may not be as smart. This $30 toy cost us a couple grand in vet bills and a couple really long scary days and a son filled with guilt worrying that he killed his dog on accident. Our dog only ingested 3/4 cup of this - about a good handful but it was enough to distend his stomach so greatly it almost burst and later thank god when it started to move - it created 9 inches of potentially deadly sand blockage in the intestines. Inducing vomiting didn't work because sand is too heavy and absorbs all the fluid in the tummy so its basically a hard rock. IV fluids for 3 days, countless xrays, hundreds of dollars in medication and lots of poo checking as our dog writhed in pain in a cage at the animal hospital. So story short - only for older kids, keep track of every grain and store it high away from pets.
on July 24, 2014
My daughter loves this stuff
, it really is very cool. It doesn't make a mess at all as long as it stays in the sandbox. I got it at toys r us for 20 dollars!
on December 22, 2014
Beware - you may not receive the item as described. I purchased this item to give to my 3 year old niece for Christmas and received the item that is pictured. Big disappointment! I am returning this right away - I found the item pictured elsewhere which is bigger and much better quality.
review image
on January 20, 2015
I have very mixed feelings about this sand. My 6 year old got it in blue as a gift for Christmas. She likes it fine, she pulls out the tray every couple days to play with it. Less now that it's lost its novelty of being new, thank God......
"It's kinetic! It sticks to itself!" Yeah, okay. Living room rug? Blue sand. Couch crevices? Blue sand. Kitchen floor. Blue sand. Dining table. Blue sand. This !#$@ing sand is everywhere!
But at least it's "gluten free" as they put on the box. I don't have to worry about that bloated feeling after I find it in my cereal in the morning.
on October 6, 2015
My daughter received this product for her 6th birthday. I got to play with kinetic sand when a local craft store had a display for customers to play with. It was so cool, I knew we had to get some. She loves this stuff, and spends a good hour or more when she plays with it. Even I enjoy sitting there and playing with it, it's almost soothing or therapeutic. It would also be a great sensory toy for a child with disabilities.

The sand works great! It's exactly like the sand I got to play with. It's very fun, and children love it! It has this magical liquid solid feeling as you run it through your hands. It's very soft and it sticks easily to itself, so clean up is a breeze. Just ball it up, and tap it onto any of the loose pieces and you're done. The little sandbox is awesome, it's a great way to keep the sand contained while it's being played with. She managed to get some on the carpet and it vacuumed right up (unlike play dough, goop or silly putty), and it doesn't stain her hands or clothes. It came with four small molds, and they're made of nice thick plastic. There's a sea turtle, sea horse, fish and a castle. Cute! Colors vary, and we ended up with the blue sand and box. I do wish that the sand came in a resealable container to store it in, or that the box came with a lid. That would be my personal suggestion to improve the product. The photo on the box and in example photos are also very misleading as far as the amount supplied. There's enough to play with, but I would suggest ordering a second pack of sand (After you figure out what color they sent you)
review image review image review image