Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on May 18, 2013
In order to use this app you have to subscribe to a 22 dollar magazine. No thank you....Why is it advertised as free? I'll pass on this one thanks.
on September 4, 2013
very misleading to advertise as a free app when absolutely nothing is available without a paid yearly subscription of approx $20. while I like King Arthur flour, I don't appreciate the bait and switch.
on September 22, 2013
after you install it, you find out that you can only preview, but you have to subscribe @ 22 bucks to see the issues...please stop advertising it as a free app... deceiving !
on January 5, 2014
I thought this was going to be an app with baking recipes, tips and tricks. Instead it was a directory of issues that needed to be purchased.
on December 5, 2013
Nothing to read unless you pay the subscription price. I forget how much that was (seems like around $20). Should have disclosed that before I wasted time installing the app.
on August 5, 2013
Tried this out on android, It was super slow and would want you to buy magazine to view.
Probably the worst software I've ever tried.
on November 13, 2014
I'm sick of people complaining that this isn't a free app. When you sell magazines, of course it's not going to be free. The free part is that you can use this (free) app to add to your subscription as an added convenience to view the magazine that you purchased.....with this app they also give you the added benefit of including all of the recipes they have ever printed in The Baking Sheet since it was started in, I think, 1990....which are a ton of recipes. I have been a subscriber to this magazine for years and have enjoyed making a 'lot' of these wonderful recipes. I love the fact that I don't have to keep a binder full of these books anymore.
on April 12, 2013
Love the number of issues available as part of the preview for existing subscriber s. Pages can be viewed as an image with one level of zoom... or text that uses standard Kindle tools for viewing. Except for photos... in text mode you can not zoom in on photos at all. Step by step pictures are often too small on my Kindle Fire screen.

Index contains links directly to the recipe page without having to wait for the whole issue to download...but... when you search you can only get to the section page of the index with no highlights on the search term... It took much fussing to figure out the sub sections of the yeast bread section and find my beloved Oil Bun recipe so that it could be first on my saved list.

I am glad current subscribers get to test drive this before choosing to stay paper... go online... or pay extra for both
on March 1, 2014
I thought it was a free newsletter from king Arthur. Why would I want to pay for what is essentially King Arthur commercials? Either I didn't read the offer well enough or it was misleading. Either way, I feel slightly scammed.
on May 10, 2013
This magazine (text or Kindle) is for the serious baker. Pass it by if your cooking skills, due to time, money, or desire, are limited to buying a dried cake mix off the store shelf at a grocery store and adding eggs, oil and water, and baking it for 30 minutes. The recipes In the "Baking Sheet" are for fantastic tasting cakes, cookies, breads, scones, and pies. It, honestly, costs more to cook this way, but it more than pays for itself in compliments. For example, you can find King Arthur Flour in five pound bags at most, good grocery stores. But you'll see that it costs a bit more than the usual brands. When you cook with it though, you'll find out that the Great Kansas Wheat in King Arthur Flour just flat tastes better. The first item I baked was honey-sweetened whole wheat bread. My husband ate a half a loaf in one setting! And he'd never been a real bread eater before. The King Arthur online store sells huge, heavy cookbooks with everything in it from A-Z, all sorts of baking utensils & storage containers, along with ingredients you can't find other places, e.g. crystallized ginger. They have a "Baking "Hotline" that I've found very helpful. Great baking!