Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: King Arthur and the Knights of Justice: The Complete Animated Series
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 14, 2010
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice takes place entirely in Medieval times, despite the heroes being football players from the future. Gladly, they're down to earth and eager to help those in danger. The animation is great for a Saturday cartoon, the quality of picture very good, and the series is very long and well worth the low price.

It's an entertaining show, but if you're looking for deep storylines, you might not find it here, though you will find plenty of action in each episode, whether on horseback or on foot, there's plenty of sword clashing throughout the entire series. The armored Knight costumes are well designed, with plenty of variety whether on the side of good fighting for Camelot, or evil, fighting for Morgana. Merlin is the guide, and he uses his magic to help them find the lost keys, to help them get back to their world (Think Dungeons and Dragons). There's also dragons, animals and monsters that make appearances.

Overall, great show on DVD thanks to IMAGE, just needed a bit more plot to earn a 5. Three DVD's each with about 8 episodes each, for about 27 total, each about 24 minutes or so. Recommended. Series was made 1993, but definitely has an 80's feel to it (a good thing).
on March 11, 2010
As anyone can see by watching the preview available on the Amazon page for this item, not only did this cartoon have an awesome rock meets synthesizer theme song and music, but the animation is great as well. If you grew up watching Exosquad, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Conan the Adventurer, the 90s Batman/x-men/spiderman animated series, etc. then this is a must have. Saturday morning cartoons - and kids shows in general - never looked as good as they did in the early 90s, and this is a prime example. Up until now, only the first 5 episodes of this forgotten gem were available on dvd. Now you can get the whole series - over 9 hours worth of awesome 90s animation - for $14.99!!! Every time I hear the theme song (since I grew up watching it to present day as a 24 year old) it still pumps me up.
on January 2, 2011
Great show with rich character. My 9yr old says, "I love it! Awesome show!! I want to watch it everyday!! It teaches you to believe in yourself and teamwork. Also teaches you to be a good person by showing you how to help others and be respectful." Awesome for me!
Children shows of today lack the display of character. Most are just about having fun and a lot of selfishness before a quickly forgotten, subtle lesson. Less about getting into a lot of trouble and saying sorry, More about overcoming the obstacles in the way of doing something good, Especially when it's you. This show follows a football team having fun via the adventure that life, and time travel, brings in just trying to do what's right. Even with the magic aspect that's a little beyond reality the show provides the role model of an eager-to-always-improve hero. Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, Ducktales. If my sons going to look up to a fictional character, I rather it be King Arthur than a sponge.
There is a wide array of things to attribute to who I am today, and the values in characters I looked up to in entertainment as a child definitely played a role. With that said, I'm glad that I can comfortably let my son watch a show knowing that it shares the same character building values I try to teach him myself.
on November 14, 2010
I grew up with this show. So to finally have the whole series made me extremely happy. Cant complain here. No special menus no extra content. Just 3 discs of king arthur and the knights of justice. All the episodes nothing is missing. I would recommend this to anyone. Great show. Waiting hopefully for the bluray version.
on June 7, 2011
Not much too say. The soundtrack was an awesome rock mix, the story wasn't too compelling but somewhat original. The same sequence was used in every episode for the knights putting on their magical armor but otherwise this was a great show for simple action, cool magic, knight battles (although 9 knights could always seem to overwhelm hordes of "warlords", hmm...). Was a nice walk down memory lane and the recording quality was the best I could expect from the original. If you liked the show when it aired you'll likely find a good price to reminisce with this one.
on April 10, 2016
Yes, we've all heard the story of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, but I doubt you've seen it told like this! When Arthur and the knights go missing, Merlin has to search across time and space for temporary replacements. Ultimately, he chooses an American football team, of all things, as substitute champions. Armed with the magic weapons and armor of their counterparts, they will lead the fight for justice against the armies of Morgan le Fay and the traitorous knight Sir Mordred, as well as searching for the twelve magic keys that will free their counterparts and send them home.

Most of you have never heard of this series, and that's a great pity. There are a few reasons why it's so obscure. First, the market for Saturday morning cartoons in the late 1980's and early 90's was over-saturated with material, and the hidden gems (like this one) were simply lost in the shuffle. Second, Cable TV wasn't as well distributed in 1992 as it is now. Most networks were still local, and, if they picked a show up at all, they would usually show only one or two episodes to see how well the public reacted, then pull the plug.

This series deservedly belongs in any animation lover's (Western or otherwise) library. The animation is crisp and well-made, the voice acting and music is top-notch ( particularly the kick-@$$ intro theme), and the writing is believable. Also included on the DVD is the rarely seen second season, which never aired in the US. Now, mount up, knights! There's a day to save!
on January 4, 2016
I watched this show when I was in kindergarten I even wrote my very first report when I was in grade school on this cartoon. It was a cool show then now it's just cheesy but the intro music is still cool.
on May 27, 2015
When I was younger I used to watch this cartoon all the time and any time I could catch it. Now my son can enjoy it the same way. The only issue I have is that due to the fact that it's an old cartoon and on DVD the quality is not all that well. It's like watching it all over on a tube tv. Other than that I'm glad and happy to ad it to my collection.
on February 3, 2015
Great show. Little old but this was hot back in the days. As for action figuers. They suck lol. But the show was great. Each show like most 90s cartoons have a lesson in them to reach out to children about life lessons lol.
on March 29, 2010
The actual series is incomplete, which a disappointment because its such a good cartoon! I think it's one of the best cartoon that mixes action and story evenly and appropriately. I feel like cartoons of this quality are not made anymore. Since its an older cartoon, the graphics aren't perfect but I never noticed as child. The imperfections aren't a big deal to me because the overall quality of the series trumped that.

I had the hardest time receiving my order and the DVD box was a little bit damage. I didn't want to send it back for a good copy because I was afraid I'd never see it again. Another buyer of this product got their DVD in perfect condition and in a timely manner. So I have no idea what happened to mine?

I completely recommend it to anyone since its a really good price!