Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

80%
20%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 24, 2005
King Buzzo's KISS inspired solo EP is one of the best albums i've ever heard. Since it's only four tracks i'll individually review each track. Here goes:

Isabella: It starts with Dale Nixon hitting his drums with the same beat over and over again. A soft buzzing slowly builds and then explodes into a feedback filled tornado before focusing into a riff, Buzz says some heavily veiled words before screaming into oblivion. Despite the repetition, I love this track. 5/5

Porg: Porg is a strange tack of some machinery clanging and then resetting before clanging again. Strange guitar noise and a voice yelling some vulgar language is the only other things you'll hear. 3/5

Annum: The softest of soft is how I would describe this track, light drums, light guitars, and whisper-like vox make it as tender as a newborn. 4.5/5

Skeeter: Dale Nixon tells us a story over some intense guitar and drum work. 5/5

Overall, this is one great EP with only Porg as a weaker track, unless you dig that kind of noise. I'd totally recommend this and Dale Crover's EP to any Melvins or music fan in general.

P.S. Dale Nixon = Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters fame.
on September 20, 2011
I remember listening to this EP on a cassette sometime in the early 90's. I always thought "Skeeter" was pretty hilarious. I didnt realize until listening to it again recently that Dave Grohl was actually the person speaking. Anyway, this is a really old Melvins EP, and for any fan of our beloved Grunge predecessors, this is a must own. It's not great, but it is good, and for me, a bit nostalgic. Enjoy!
on April 11, 2004
I walked into this one expecting the heavy/fuzz laden Buzzo sound.I was actually suprised by the way this came off.In a way this is far more laid back than i could have imagined from King B. With that said,I really like the way this album is put together.I dont want anyone to think this one doesent have its heavy spots...it definately does.Its just that this album shows why these three guys did the "solo' thing anyway.Experimenting and showing an alternate side to your creativity.The first 3 songs rock and ,at times,are quite catchy little ditties.The last song is more of a joke put to music and features Dave grohl doing the vocal.All in all a very good purchase ,but i really think its best to get all three solo albums for the complete experience
on November 14, 2013
Melvins King Buzzo ep ! I love it, I just wish it was longer. Out of the 3 solo albums this one is second fav. I think out of the 3 Dale Crover's is the best. Im a really big fan of their early stuff its a little more heavy.On Stag is when they started changing up their sound more experimental.which is what some bands do as long as they have been making music.I wish the 3 solo ep's were on one cd. I highly recommend this album.
on September 10, 2012
Is King Buzzo the best EP of all time? Well, it's sure as hell one of them. Each of the 4 tracks is very unique and uses awesome loops before Buzzo melts your speakers with his powerful guitar riffs and noises. "Isabella", "Porg" and "Annum" always get me rocking, and I always find myself laughing out loud by the end of "Skeeter."
on February 14, 2010
The first time I heard the EPs was in this order: Buzzo,Crover then Preston. All three are essential for any fan but I have always loved how King Buzzo's ends with Skeeter it just rounds this dark ass old factory of an album out with some humor. I have also love listening to them in different orders each combination can change the whole mood. Try Joe,Crover and buzzo to make for a comical lighter set. These three were my first experience with the Melvins so Naturally they are my favorites Along with Eggnog,Bullhead and Houdini I heard them around a year ago. If you have never heard the Melvins Beware they will take over your whole musical interest. I saw them last year in July in Knoxville Tn when they were on tour with Down and the show was absolutely amazing it Completely blew me away. Since January of this year I have aquired 9 Melvins CDs so far I can't stop buying them. They will change your life.
on March 6, 2000
Just listen to the sound sample of "Isabella" above
on November 6, 2001
Melvins loves Kiss, and they honored them by releasing three solo EP's mimicking Kiss' solo albums from 1978. Then-bassist Joe Preston gave us some schlock, Dale Crover delivered some accessible music, but King Buzzo, well, he's King Buzzo. He receives help from a drummer named Dale Nixon, who is actually Dave Grohl (then Nirvana, now Foo Fighters) in disguise. Grohl is one of the best drummers in rock, and proves it in the three tracks he performs in (one is a sound collage piece). Nixon, I mean Grohl, then tells the listener about an experience in Amsterdam he had with a man who had something odd on his member. Just as scattered as any Melvins project, but also a sign of genius.
on October 10, 2014
Awesome.
on July 7, 1998
One must bow before Buzzo's greatness. He alone is able to turn a guitar into an instrument of destruction. Big, heavy and fuzzy Buzzo does not fail to amuse.