- Paperback: 512 pages
- Publisher: Phoenix; New edition edition (June 30, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1842121995
- ISBN-13: 978-1842121993
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.2 x 1.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,847,171 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
King Charles I (Phoenix Press) Paperback – June 30, 2001
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The book also details how Parliament went from being a uniquely English legislative body to becoming an executive power unto itself. Charles refused to compromise, sometimes out of pig-headedness and apparent stupidity and sometimes because the demands of Parliament and (later) the Army were way out of line. How Parliament evolved into the Parliament of Cromwell is part of the uniqueness of England in European history.Read more ›