5.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations
Published 13 months ago by Hildybud

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on July 9, 2012 by teddy8447

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, July 9, 2012
This review is from: King-Griller by Char-Griller 5252 Double Play Gas and Charcoal Grill (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)
I got this grill as a Father's Day gift. Very pleased at first. I bought the smoker to make the grill complete at a cost of $80 dollars. Used the smoker twice and saw the finish start to flake and rust to form. I do have a grill cover and have kept it protected(I bought the biggest cover I could find at a cost of $40 dollars and it still didn't cover the whole grill. Luckily I am an upholsterer and need to modify the cover so the whole grill is covered) I sanded the rusty spots and had to buy heat resistant paint to cover the bad places- also the welds on the charcoal grates have broken loose. I will need to fix those also.The cost of the grill and the investments and repairs have totaled over $500 dollars for a product that I have used less than 10 times.The grill is put together well and is very heavy,stout and sturdy- I expected more, very disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Rust bucket., January 20, 2014
After only 3 years of ownership my grill has turned into a pile if rust. This is even after keeping it covered all the time and out of the elements. The drip covers, the brackets, grates and bottom of the grill barrel have literally turned to dust. Once I was able to find some of the replacement parts the cost was almost as much as a new grill. I would never recommend this product and I will never purchase another product from this manufacture. Extremely disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars New grill, June 16, 2014
Problem I Have found are that grease slide is too close to where you turn on knob for gas, get burned, really tight. Cannot figure out how to put on rotisserie? or which one to buy.. Has no work area to put your stuff except where burner is, so if you are using burner, you have no where to put things.. Charcoal is really hard to clean up, have to pull out whole tray, does not fall into a tray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations, January 16, 2014
I purchased this a month ago and love it. I use the side burner to light my charcoal chimney starter. I have a family of 3 boys, my wife, and myself. We are very busy so sometimes we don't have the time to wait for the charcoal to get ready...that's when you use the gas side but I love the flavor of charcoal so much more. Definitely worth the extra dollars to have both options. There is so much grill space to cook everything you want. The rack on the bottom is nice to hold your trays for when the food is done cooking. Front tray is great to put your beer down when you need two hands and to hold your spices. I can't say enough about this grill.

$467.65 $380.62
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.