5.0 out of 5 stars Wok POWER!!!!
Published on June 2, 2012 by TXinCO

3.0 out of 5 stars Puts out heat, but also very sooty.
Published 10 months ago by JoelgSDCA

5.0 out of 5 stars Wok POWER!!!!, June 2, 2012
This review is from: King Kooker CS14 Portable Propane 54,000-BTU Single-Burner Outdoor Camp Stove (Lawn & Patio)
This burner assembles easy as pie. The height is pretty good for cooking (unless you are real tall) so that you do not need to bend down to work a wok with it. Hot? You better believe it! It will turn my carbon steel wok glowing red (way too hot) in no time if I do not watch it. It will reach proper cooking temp for wok hay (breath- or spirit- of the wok) in about a minute. I cook large meals for six to ten folks on this thing. It handles everything from fried rice to stir fried dishes with aplomb. Sturdy? It is absolutely rock solid leaving no fear that it will tip over or collapse from a heavy pot. Adjustable? yep. you can turn it down to simmer if you like but I prefer to make giant flames from stir frying to scare the neighbors. Versatile? indubitably. Did I mention that it can melt a pot of lead (Pb) in no time flat? If this ever gets stolen, I will order a replacement right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars King Kooker worth the money, September 1, 2011
I purchased the King Kooker to mainly do canning, but also to take camping. It heats up a full sized canner and pressure cooker much faster than my stove top. I was very pleased and will probably get another one to help with the canning process. Easy to hook up and control the heat. Light weight but sturdy. Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Puts out heat, but also very sooty., January 13, 2014
JoelgSDCA "jg_SD" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
pros...one of the few propane burners out there that is taller off the ground, but for the average guy this is going to still be a bit too low. legs are nice, as they allow you to not have to set it on something else, but they are still a bit too low for me. i use this burner to do some wok cooking outside on the patio, and it works out ok. but, i also have a wok stand on top of the burner which raises the wok up another 2 inches. even with the added two inches it does not clear my gentlemanly parts, if you know what i mean and i'm only 5' 10".

the legs do come off easily with the push of some spring loaded buttons. the tank connector and hose are standard issue for the US. i had bought another burner where i couldn't use the connector and had to buy a US standard one to use, but this one is good.

lastly, i do like that it comes with a wind guard on three sides. it does make a difference when it is windy. and if it isn't you can get rid of it if you have a large pan. and in the event of moving/travelling, you can take it off and also take off the legs with a push of a button. lastly, it is very hot, the flames can reach at least a good 6-8" on high. this is enough fire power to really get some water boiling or to cook some pretty authentic wok cooking. just make sure to have some pot holders, as the flames will travel along your pan to the handle.

cons...my biggest complaint is that this one is very sooty and has very incomplete combustion. the flames that come out of here are very yellow and orange, not blue at all. i tried adjusting the air controller valve, but this does not change the flame color. this makes a real difference as when you go to wash your pot or pan that was used on the burner, there will be a thin coating of very dark soot on the bottom and sides. it means you have to wipe it off before you can wash it in the sink, or else it gets everywhere. and this soot is really hard to clean off once it is stuck on something.

it also does not have any type of electric start, you must have either a long match or some other lighting device. my other burner does have electric start, which makes lighting very easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 27, 2011
I bought so my Mother-in-Law can cook the smelly stuff outside. She loves it because it is tall, so she doesn't have to bend over, and it has a very hot burner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canning Green Beans, September 2, 2011
We used this to can beans outdoors so as not to heat up the kitchen. It is so much faster than doing them on the stove. We were very pleased. Would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad!, February 24, 2012
I use this burner for brewing beer in my garage. It puts out plenty of BTUs to get 6 gallons of sparging water to 170 degree in about 40 minutes. The only complaint I have is the flame blew out (while in my garage) from a breeze outside. I didn't notice it was out until I noticed it wasn't boiling anymore. But, that's my own fault for not watching the pot close enough. Maybe if it was designed to gaurd against wind a little better I would have given a 5 star. If you plan to use this burner outdoors on a breezy day, I advise to keep a very close eye on the burner. Otherwise, it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, March 25, 2013
Put together very quickly. Will only hold a 14" wok with side burners installed, which you do need on a windy day. I didn't think about this, but it does blacken the bottom of pans, and the pans are kind of a pain to clean up afterwards. I was going to use it for fried food and stir fry, should do fine, as it does get hot enough. I'm 5'3", taller people may want some sort of lifting base, (like cement blocks) as it is short. Like that it is made here in the USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars King of the Kookers, September 18, 2012
After reviewing all the other propane stoves and their problems I decided on the King Kooker CS14. I bought it with the intention of using it for canning and it works great for this. It handles the weight of the canning pot with water and 7 full quarts of tomatoes easily. No problems. Its a nice height to work with and the legs detach easily for storage. The windscreen is handy too. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a dependable,sturdy, portable stove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for doing wok cooking outside, October 26, 2011
I bought this device to do wok cooking outside. The typical indoor stove-top does not generate enough heat to achieve the "wok hai" flavor that you get in a restaurant. This device was inexpensive and fit our existing wok perfectly. The wind guards on the sides are a nice touch. My only complaints are the legs could be a bit more stable. Also the burner is much too low for me (at 6' tall), I will be working on some inexpensive modifications to increase the height and stability. Another small complaint is a lack of an electronic ignition, requiring the use of a lighter to get it going.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works., August 12, 2011
It works. The only issue I see with it is the way they mount the burner to the stove, it looks weak. The burner is not secure, it can move, so you have to tuck it under one of the legs so something does not fall on it and brake it. With that said, it works well, no issues what so ever in operation. Great for a low budget home brewer like me.

King Kooker CS14 Portable Propane 54,000-BTU Single-Burner Outdoor Camp Stove