5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for a Young Father!!
I rarely read and if I do it is typically fiction (last book I read was 2 years ago). But I might read this book twice! King Me is so full of insightful information from an experienced father that undoubtably each new "pass through" will provide additional guidance for young fathers in raising boys in decadent days.

Rarely have I ever taken time to review a...
Published on July 22, 2005 by ckelly

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Rhetoric
One star is being way to generous to give this book. I don't know who this author is but he comes across as a homophobic, sexist, racist jerk. You would have had to screw up real, real bad (as the author says he did himself) to find this book useful. About 3/4 of the book is just quoting someone or something else and the rest goes like this. 1. Spend time with your son...
Published on November 23, 2010 by Dustin P. Ward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Required Reading for a Young Father!!, July 22, 2005
ckelly (Martin, TN) - See all my reviews

Rarely have I ever taken time to review a product BUT this book should be in the hands of everyone responsible for the soul of a young boy. The only downside to this book for a "typical non-reader" is feeling drawn to read more of Mr. Farrar's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book For Fathers Who Take Their Role Seriously, July 19, 2005
This is the best book I've read on raising boys. It is easy to ready, practical and supported by biblical principles. I highly recommend it to principled men who take their role as fathers very seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY FATHER SHOULD HAVE THIS BOOK, October 3, 2005
I am a female working on a talk to give to men. I saw this book and thought I would see what it has to offer. I now can't believe I've allowed my children to be adults without knowing this information. If you have a son, he deserves the best and this book is the best guideline I've seen to raise boys to men.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Read" for every man who has a son., July 19, 2009
Big Mark (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father (Paperback)
King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father
From the opening story to the "Parting Shot" Steve Farrar lays out not only a biblical mandate that every father should mentor his son(s) along a Godly path but he gives practical insights into how to get it done. The principles are simple yet profound and bursting with biblical truth. He uses kings David, Solomon, and Rehoboam as his examples of what to do & not to do but he brings their stories into the 21st century to make them more applicable. I STRONGLY recommend that every man who has a son regardless if you're a Christian or not, (no matter your son's age) read this book - you won't regret it. It definitely is a page-turner and Steve is a man's man, no namby-pamby, Joel Osteen type.

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel, July 6, 2009
I gave this book as a Father's Day present to my son and a friend but I did read it first. I was intriqued by the comments on the feminizing of our boys due to the amount of time boys spent with women. I think there is a lot of truth in what the author presented. Fathers are so important in the lifes of children and I hope this book helps to remind them of why they need to be active, not just observers, in their sons lifes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Had this 10 years Ago!, April 4, 2007
My husband, who does little to nothing on the computer, only dictated this line to me: "I wish i had this book 10 years ago!" He says it is a must have for every dad and requested i find and buy him everything Steve Farrar has ever wrtiten. I did! Specifically, the author breaks down the various personality types and talks about the necessity for each in life and how a dad can appreciate, mentor, direct and affirm his son(s) for the Glory of God and honorable masculinity in general.King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His FatherKing Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Dads of all ages, September 23, 2009
I knew what I was getting into with this book. This is my third Farrar book and probably won't be my last. I really believe that Steve is the best author to speak to men about men's issues today. For me what makes him so good is his frankness. He doesn't pull any punches, he doesn't use dozens of illustrations to get the point across as non-confrontationaly as possible. No, Farrar just tells it like it is, and I find that refreshing in our "religious" world today where tolerance and understanding seem to be 11th commandment.

His discussion of discipline, friendships, and sex I found very helpful and encouraging. While I didn't agree on everything Farrar said about schools I did understand his thought process which made me respect him for his views rather than confining him to some radical hippy.

In short, this is a great read for all men.

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding guide for fathers with sons, May 23, 2005
Mark Youngkin (Pickerington, Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
Steve Farrar's are the best-written books in the Christian market, and he doesn't disappoint with this guide for fathers of sons. Farrar is plain-spoken, biblical and compelling. If you have boys in the house, read this, OK?

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every father and potential father, November 11, 2009
No matter what you religious belief the wisdom in this book, which is drawn from the bible and real life experiences, will change your perspective on what it means to be a father and the impact you can have on your kids life.

I highly recommend this book as well as his other book "how to ruin your life by 40".

5.0 out of 5 stars Every father should read this, July 20, 2007
It is hard to argue with 4000 years of history. This is a must read for any man with a son. King Me helps you to understand how important it is to validate your son and avoid making the same mistakes so many fathers do.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father
King Me: What Every Son Wants and Needs from His Father by Steve Farrar (Paperback - February 1, 2006)
$14.99 $13.17