- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Four Courts Press (October 1, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 185182572X
- ISBN-13: 978-1851825721
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 6.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,150,739 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
King of Mysteries: Early Irish Religious Writings
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1) He chose to include translations of works that were popular in the early Irish church, thus allowing us to see what they esteemed
2) He includes translations of the scribal glosses to certain works, which allows us to see how the early Irish scribes interacted with the material they were copying
My only regret is that he offered only partial translations of some of the larger works (such as De mirabilibus sacrae scripturae). Such a limitation is obviously related to the fact that he seeks to include such a variety of texts in only one volume. Still, I would heartily recommend this work. The introduction is excellent and offers an insightful summary of the early Irish church and the type of material that she produced and copied.