5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, December 21, 2007
This review is from: King Vikram and the Vampire: Classic Hindu Tales of Adventure, Magic, and Romance (Paperback)
I'm writing this review because I am frankly appalled that one doesn't already exist. Firstly, any fan of folk tales in their original form should put this on their reading list immediately. By "original form" I mean not "sanitized" or "disneyized". If you have already read Sir Richard Burton's 1001 Nights and enjoyed that then you will like this. It is beautiful, funny, tragic, suspenseful and informative.
If you love this kind of literature may I also recommend Wendy Doniger's amazing rendering of selections from the Rig Veda.

5.0 out of 5 stars required reading, December 19, 2013
Required reading for class but found it to be quite convenient to have ot on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pad. Great book. Interesting stories.

King Vikram and the Vampire: Classic Hindu Tales of Adventure, Magic, and Romance by Richard Francis Burton (Paperback - February 1, 1993)
$19.95 $17.59