Kingdom Hearts 1 vs 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2006 8:38:22 AM PST
D. Reed says:
My biggest gripes with KH1:
1) At times, what you're supposed to do is NOT obvious. For example, after winning the Hades Cup, I wouldn't have known that I was supposed to go back to Neverland to fight the Phantom or Agraba to fight Kurt Zisa if I hadn't had a FAQ to tell me that. Or that there was an "ultimate weapon" I could build. Without a FAQ I would have been so lost and missed what a lot of what was otherwise a great game
2) To build things like gummi ships and the ultimate weapon takes far too much time and mindless combat. Certain items are needed for the ultimate weapon and they can only be obtained by killing certain creatures, which only shed these items about 1% of the time that you kill them. And you need several of these. Can you do the math? I have the same complaint with the Ratchet & Clank games- otherwise phenomenal games that are exasperating at the end because of the amount of stupid things needed to do to earn the ultimate weapon.

So, for those that have played KH2 - are these items fixed? Or is it more of the same? The decision to put KH2 on my Christmas list rides on this!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2007 1:09:55 PM PST
Estel says:
You can still build an Ultimate weapon in KH2 but you don't have to. The Moggle shop/synthesis is different also, you don't need that many items. I just played the game and by Level 75 or so and had enough items to make the Ultimate weapon. The only problem is finding the recipe. And in KH2, what you have to do and where you have to go are really obvious. You just talk to the character and where you have to go is outlined in BOLD RED or BLUE. You can't miss it. So yeah, Kingdom Hearts 2 is a lot easier than the first one. Personally, I liked the first one better. I beat the whole game when I was a level 76, but I'm sure you could do it at level 42 or something. But in KH2, you have to complete Jiminy's Journal if you play on Normal mode and that's a pain in the butt. You have to get certain high scores and stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 8:15:23 AM PDT
1) Well, 2 does improve on the optional objectives that are said in Jiminy's Journal.
2) How is that a problem? It is used in both games and I didn't have a problem with it.
Plus, 2 is a better game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kingdom Hearts II - PlayStation 2
Kingdom Hearts II - PlayStation 2 by Square Enix (PlayStation2)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (607)