4.0 out of 5 stars Step up and be a man
Just finished reading Kingdom Man (kindle version) by Tony Evans. It was a book that I pulled a few ideas from for my sermon this past weekend at Revolution Church on "Marriage & Men."

One of the driving forces of Revolution Church from day one has been to challenge men to step up to the plate and be the men God has called and created them to be. Dr. Evans gets...
Published on March 16, 2012 by Joshua Reich

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag
We Do Need Kingdom Men

We need a focus on charging men to take their Biblical responsibility as such seriously. Tony Evans takes this seriously and for that I'm glad. He begins by setting the stage,

The impact of lowered standards leaves its scars no matter what race, income bracket, or community a person is in. The outcomes may be different...
Published on April 4, 2012 by Mathew Sims

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lord has a purpose for each person., March 13, 2012
Kingdom Man, written by Dr. Tony Evans, is filled with helpful information for any man wanting to be a spiritual leader at home, at church, or even at his workplace.

The Lord has a purpose for each person. Men can be equipped to be leaders by following the Lord's guidelines found in the Bible. The Lord wants men to be leaders who are wise and compassionate. They also have to model what they are asking of others. Meaning if you think your wife should be spending more time helping the children with schoolwork, you need to help out more too.

I liked his analogy of a football game. You will have to read the book to see how he compares Christian leaders to the officials in the game. Although the primary audience is men, any woman can read this book. Women will find what makes a good leader and what they should be praying for when looking for a man in their life. If a woman is already married she can still learn from this book, especially the principles taught about the marriage relationship. Understanding what the Lord wants for a marriage will help both the husband and the wife keep their marriage strong.

Scripture supported all the principles discussed in the book and all the principles are easy to follow and explained well. The author is excellent at simplifying the Lord's guidelines for Christian men. This book is written in a straightforward manner and is well organized. I highly recommend this book for every Christian man to read!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, May 22, 2012
As a Pastor with a burden for men, I've read dozens of "men's" books over the past 25 years. There are many good ones. This one's the best. Tony really nails it.Every man should read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What Every Man Needs, March 25, 2012
E (Kansas City) - See all my reviews
Too many men, including myself, believe they are a good man however that is not according to God. When does a man stop comparing himself to other men and start comparing to the standards of God? Kingdom Man sets the bar high for all men according to God's standards. It puts every man in check and shows them biblically how to be a better man, a Kingdom Man. Tony Evans gives great examples on how to be a Kingdom Man in your house as a husband and father, in your church and in your community. My advice is to take it seriously and take notes along the way. Use the book as a reference in the area you want to focus on to begin with. A Kingdom Man is a man that the devil says oh no when he awakes and starts his day. A Kingdom Man is a man who gets respect because his presence and trust in God demands it. A Kingdom Man knows God and how to pray to God. A Kingdom Man is man that God uses to fulfill His purpose through. Are you a Kingdom Man? Read Kingdom Man and find out if you are and if you aren't immediately apply the principles of the Bible and in the book to your life to become one. This is not an easy task but it is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid biblical teaching on being a real man, March 25, 2012
I think I'd like to go to Tony Evans's church. To be honest, most men's ministry-type books turn me off, but in Kingdom Man, Evans's solid biblical exposition and challenging teaching make me want to sit at his feet so he can disciple me. Evans, founder and pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, doesn't waste time with pop psychology or feel-good stories. Nor is he concerned with equality or feminism. He's a good, old-fashioned, preacher of the Bible who believes men should be the heads of their families, and step up to take leadership in their homes, churches, and communities.

In the heart of Kingdom Man, part 3, Evans looks at Psalm 128 as the blueprint for a kingdom man. In his personal life, he "walks in [God's] ways. In his family life, his wife is "like a fruitful vine within his house," his children "like olive plants around your table." In church life, "the Lord bless you from Zion." In the community, he will "see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life."

Evans isn't shy about offering examples from his own life and ministry. The cynic in me got a little tired of his tooting his own horn. But my inner cynic was shut up by Evans's humility, as he attributes God's blessings in his life to God's power as well as to the foundation laid by his father, also a pastor and a kingdom man. Evans's success in life and ministry is challenging and inspiring, but also a bit intimidating.

If there's a weakness to Kingdom Man, it's that: the intimidation factor. Like many inspirational or self-help books, the author's success is difficult to translate into the readers' lives. Here's a highly successful man, urging the reader to follow his example and find success in his own life. I don't dispute the principles Evans lays down here, nor do I doubt that to the extent I apply those principles my life and my relationship with God will improve. But I was left feeling like Evans is on a higher, unobtainable plane. Perhaps if Evans would come over to Fort Worth to disciple me for a couple of years, I could get there, too.

Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for the complimentary review copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Changed Man, July 24, 2014
This review is from: Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream (Kindle Edition)
Other than the Bible itself, I have never read a book that was more of an impact in my life. I've found myself meditating on the wisdom that Dr. Evans shared and instead of running from the convictions, I owned them and challenged myself to be better. I read Psalms 128 daily now. I want to be all that my wife and sons need me to be. I was never given godly instructions or knew how to be a man. I now know how to be a kingdom man.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening and ife changing, May 17, 2013
Dr. Evans brings up some very relevant subjects. He brings great analogies to support biblical teaching. He's a great expositor and teacher. Places the bar for biblical manhood where it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, October 2, 2014
I loved this book because it wasn't a self help/feel good book. Tony started with principles and built everything from there. It challenges me in a couple areas I need to grow.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you Tony, October 1, 2014
Life changer. I now know my purpose. I owe it to my boys to step up. Tony - please provide a leadership program to roll this out across this great country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job Tony, October 9, 2014
Must buy book. Will change your perspective on what it means to be a man. Great job Tony

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 20, 2014
Wonderful book for a man looking to make God the center of his life and relationships.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›