5.0 out of 5 stars Purpose, Power, and Possibilities
Published 19 months ago by Rachel Anne Ridge

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from Dr. Evans!
Published 18 months ago by JessGLAMrUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Purpose, Power, and Possibilities, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities (Hardcover)
The thing I love best about Kingdom Woman is the "two voices" of both Chrystal Evans Hurst, and her father, Dr. Tony Evans. Each chapter is filled with encouragement and Biblical examples of what it is to be a Kingdom Woman - one who aligns herself under God's authority in every area of her life. Let's be honest: sometimes reading another book on what our lives *should* look like can create a sense of disappointment or lack in our own lives. I picked up Kingdom Woman thinking it would be one of those books. Instead, I found Chrystal's realness and honesty about her journey to be so refreshing that it made the whole thing come alive and really speak to me. Dr. Tony's teaching is fantastic - I can't say enough about his ability to illuminate the word of God, and the corresponding "Chrystal's Chronicles" in each chapter colored in the lines and made it real. Possible. I felt empowered.

I found myself considering possibilities and dreams I hadn't thought about before, and I think it's because I hadn't had the perspective of being aligned with God's purposes in many of the ways outlined in the book. You will want to grab a highlighter and a pen for taking notes in the margins as you read. I would like to go through Kingdom Woman with a study group, because there is so much to discuss and learn....great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book for all women!, July 16, 2013
I have found the book to be exactly as Dr. Evan's & Chrystal Evans Hurst set out for it to be. They wrote the book to "challenge women to look higher than where you are to whose you are, and to be transformed by the truth of being a Kingdom Woman." The book encourages women to set their eyes on Christ and to pursue what God has created them to be. It is true to that goal, encouraging, insightful and inspiring. More information and free devotional downloads can be found at kingdomwomanbook.com.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from Dr. Evans!, September 8, 2013
Let me start off by saying that I LOVE Dr. Evans. I attended his church for many years until my husband's job had us relocate. I am always homesick from hearing his word and compare many churches that I attend to his, which makes it hard to find a "church home". So when I saw that he and his daughter was writing this book together, I was super excited! Once I ordered the book and got home, I dug right on in. I have to say that I had to stop several times and come back to it. This book was not a good/easy read by any means. The book did have some interesting points, however I don't think many will continue reading to discover them. It was very slow and repetitive. You will have the Chystal Chronicles which in many ways seemed a little fabricated, exaggerated, or reaching and then you will later have Dr. Evans reiterate her story. The book really isn't very practical as many of his other books are. I have tried many times to pick it back up and read, but it just doesn't do it for me. I haven't finished it yet in almost 2 months! I was very disappointed in this book as I am going through a difficult/confusing time in my life as a woman, wife, stay at home mother, so I was really looking forward to reading this to help put some things in my life in better perspective in regards to my purpose, passion, and all that I do. Needless to say this book fell short. I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and Practical with a biblical application, July 16, 2013
The Kingdom Woman is a phenomenal book! It challenges women from all walks of life to be the woman God intended them to be. What I love about the book is that Dr. Tony Evans brings the biblical component teaching women how to understand God's plan for our life while Crystal Evans Hurst brings you the real life application and experience as a former do-it-all-aholic (as she so eloquently describes herself in the book), wife, mother, sister, godly woman, etc striving to be a Kingdom Woman to everyone and everything simultaneously (all of which I can relate).

This book...Kingdom Woman reminds of us our worth, our purpose in God's kingdom, and that no matter where we are in our present situation in life, we are women of value, hope, and excellence full of faith, possibility, and purpose. Reading this book has helped to redefine how I view myself as a wife, mother, coworker, friend, and Christian woman. As a Kingdom Woman I realize that I don't have to be afraid of needing or wanting help, and as long as I reverence God, apply his principles to my life whether in the valley or on the mountaintop that it doesn't negate my purpose, calling, and responsibility as a Kingdom Woman.

Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities

3.0 out of 5 stars a difficult read at the beginning, September 7, 2013
God is More Than Enough by Tony Evans is one of my favorite books by him. I liked Kingdom Man as well but this book Kingdom Woman was a very difficult read and if my life had depended on me reading this book I'd be in big trouble because it took me 1 month and 12days to complete it. A good book usually takes me 24-48 hrs and its sad to say but I've read several books in between. I don't want to diminish the message because there are some good points in this book and I believe that someone will be enlightened by reading it. I can't help but point out what made this a difficult read. Here are a few of the things I didn't care for : The repeating of things already said, as a reader I wasn't being engaged and the Chrystal chronicles I could've done without. The overall message was well received but Tony went around the mountain to tell it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I've been waiting for!!!, July 18, 2013
It is finally here!! After several of our guys read through Kingdom Man by Dr. Tony Evans, we ladies could not wait to get our hands on Kingdom Woman! Several of us listened to the teachings that were done, but we knew the book would give us so much more and it has not disappointed. It is great to have the father-daughter duo team up to give us insight from both ends of the spectrums. One being a father and a husband, and the other being a daughter, wife, mother, and sister-- all parts of the multi-faceted life that we live as women is definitely felt and addressed in this book.

From the beginning of this book, you immediately feel the pressure of being perfect lifted.:) You feel encouraged to say no to some things, and you will find peace in understanding that each of our lives flows according to seasons. You probably won't be able to do it ALL right NOW, but that's okay. It does not make you any less qualified to be a Kingdom Woman. Being a Kingdom Woman is absolutely achievable once we fully understand why our Father created each of us.

I highly recommend this book for every woman in any season of life. It will be a definite blessing!

2.0 out of 5 stars so so, September 2, 2013
A. Fox (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Some good nuggets here and there. Very 'married with kids' focused and not all kingdom women. It does tip the hat to others - single, widowed, etc. but it is not integrative. Was surprised that it was poorly written and theologically loose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good with some Familiar Parts for Avid Listeners of Dr. Evans, August 17, 2013
Kingdom Woman sets out to to encourage women to "become the kingdom wom[e]n God created." To achieve that end, the book is divided into three parts: (1) the foundation of a kingdom woman - purpose, (2) the faith of a kingdom woman - power; (3) the fruit of a kingdom woman - possibilities. Dr. Evans supports many of his ideas with the wisdom of various authors, Christians, and public figures like Darrel Bock, Corrie Ten Boom, and Eleanor Roosevelt. Written as a companion to Kingdom Man, the book is for Christian women striving to develop "the kind of faith that will usher in the miracle you've been looking for..." The authors deliver a bible-based book with a balanced of exposition, illustration and application. Hurst puts biblical lessons into modern-day context with her Chrystal's Chronicles segment in each chapter.

The book, released August 2013, is written by Dr. Tony Evans and his daughter, Chrystal Evans Hurst. Dr. Evans, a graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, is the founder and president of The Urban Alternative, and senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship (OCBF) in Dallas, TX. Chrystal Evans Hurst is the oldest daughter of Dr. Evans, co-leads the Women's Ministry at OCBF, and blogs at Chrystal's Chronicles. Kingdom Woman is a Focus on the Family book, published by Tyndale House Publishers.

For readers who are avid listeners to Dr. Evans' radio program, The Alternative, some of the chapters and illustrations may seem very familiar. However, Kingdom Woman still delivers deep biblical insight and boundless spiritual encouragement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingdom Woman in the making!, July 17, 2013
What I like most about this book is the combination of the theological point of view by Dr. Tony Evans and the real-life experience, practical point of view by Chrystal Evans Hurst. The two voices together make for a powerful read! I am getting so much out of this book learning about what a Kingdom Woman is and what I need to do to become one. The book doesnt condemn me or make me feel guilty about my shortcomings, no it uplifts me and gives me an "I can do this" attitude and outlook. I been referring to myself as a Woman of God, but here on out I will be calling myself a Kingdom Woman!

When I started reading it, all I could think was I wish this was available to me 10+ years ago, because I would have lived life so differently. It will have THAT much effect on how you go about your daily life and decision making. Get this book for yourself and as a gift for as many women you can afford! It will bless your life and the more Kingdom Women we have out there the better we all are!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingdom Woman... A Needed Journey!, July 16, 2013
When Dr. Evans introduced Kingdom Man last year, I yearned for the time when a book would be written to guide and teach me about my purpose for God's Kingdom. I have eagerly awaited this moment and now that it's here, it's all I anticipated and more. I have had a hard time putting the book down to attend to "stuff"... and that's okay! It's inspiring, encouraging, and uplifting from the very beginning, referencing scripture and bringing it down to a level of understanding for application to your everyday life. I love the concept of writing from the Father/Husband, Daughter/Wife perspective because we as women look to our Heavenly Father as well as our earthly one for guidance in the matters of being the type of woman God would have us to be. Thank you, as always, Pastor Evans and Chrystal for humbling yourself and allowing yourselves to be transparent to all for the sake of the Kingdom! May you continue to be blessed and be a blessing to others. ~Shellye L Lyons

Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities
Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities by Tony Evans (Hardcover - July 16, 2013)
$19.99 $17.87