Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 27, 2014
Granted it was released 2 years ago, but for a 37 yo, father of 3, budget conscienced moderate gamer, it's a great deal. The fact that this game has a easy save system and a relatively easy plot line, makes it a great game to play for 15 minutes walk away then come back.

I own an i7 Shuttle with mid-range graphics card, works great. Not the cutting edge visuals but nice.

My only complaint is the fact, even though you get a Steam code, you still have to signup with EA/Origins. Not to mention it will connect to EA servers every time you play. Not a big enough deal to remove a star but more of a peeve.

--CONCLUSION--
For $10, it's a great deal. Not to mention, you can have over 200 hours of game play... So that's 5 cents for every hour of gaming. Try to find that enjoyment anywhere else. Heck I spent over $20 waiting for my laundry to dry when I was in college. All I have to show for that is a 44th ranking with three lousy initials. A_A_S The low kick button was too overly sensitive.
on March 27, 2014
I bought this game prior under the Origin DOWNLOAD and install version.. and it froze after the first 5 min. I was so bummed as this game had a wonderful appeal to it from aesthetics to combat commands and quest/item management. Luckily a few Amazon post reader saw my comment on that version and told me about this STEAM DRM run version. I bought the "Online Game Code" version late last month and have been playing it every night now for the past few weeks and love it. No freezing, no hiccups, auto saves are appropriate spots. Until ElderScrolls online comes out, this game is a fantastic play... just make sure you get the version that has the DRM as STEAM (says it up top near the title) otherwise you will be very disappointed with the Origin version.
on February 18, 2014
Huge world to run around in, unique art style, complex story (nod to R.A. Salvatore), and a fun combat system make this game well worth the 10$ on this current deal.

A quick note: The FOV on the default game make it a bit hard to take on PC and may cause headaches when playing in front of a computer, I'd recommend this little utility to fix it ([...]) Edit: Darn, I guess Amazon removes links, just google 'widescreen fixer' and it should be the first result. I found that around 70-80 FOV felt much more natural. Unfortunately since the company was not together for long after the game's release they were never able to get around to fixing it.

I'm currently on my second playthrough (first time without DLC), each DLC seems to be around 10-15 hours of extra content but can be less if you avoid sidequests.

Max game time can be upwards of 100 hours or longer if you are a completionist.
on March 4, 2014
I had originally purchased this for PS3 when it came out, but after playing through it and the DLC, I had traded it in.
There are hours to be lost in this game and when this one popped up on sale with the DLC, I picked it up for Steam to play again.

The artwork is unique and the combat is fast paced (3rd person) in the action sense.

There is plenty of gear to be found and many different weapon styles to be used depending on which main tree you want to pursue:
Might - Greatswords/Hammers/Longswords
Finesse - Daggers/Faeblades/Bows
Sorcery - Staff/Scepter/Chakrams

Or you can mix and match them if you want (you will need to in order to wear certain armor or obtain certain destinies.

The crafting system involves Sagecraft (crystals to socket into items), Alchemy (potions from plants you harvest all over the world) and Smithing (weapons and armor which you can break down into components and build into other weapons).

I loved that this was different than the standard RPG genre and took a chance at being different - it is refreshing.
The game moves quickly and once you visit an area on the map you can always fast travel back to it from the map.
Zones are large and colorful with enemies that match in a unique art style that only Todd McFarlane could add.

Despite all the hype that the company went bankrupt and that Rhode Island lost a lot of money on this game, I don't think thats a reason to not purchase this game. I for one loved this game and have bought it twice now and have no regrets. This game is a gem.
on July 16, 2014
I was looking for a Skyrim type of game after I finished that game. This game was recommended and I was not disappointed. It's the closest game to Skyrim I've found. The plot is well done, the quests are interesting, and the voice acting is acceptable. I also highly recommend the expansion packs for it. They were pretty good as well. The only detractor that I can give you for this game is that Reckoning is an automatic IWIN button.
on February 25, 2014
$10 for the game and dlc. Nice. :)

Read the other reviews, particularly on Steam. They range from 65% to 90% user review scores.
[EDIT: Amazon removed the link to the reviews on steam. Google "Kingdom of Amalur Steampowered" and it will come right up. Well worth the read.]

Was easy to redeem on Steam.
on February 19, 2014
The game was good for what it was. Price point was incredible including the DLC. Sad the studio did not last long enough-would have loved to see what it was doing. Contrary to others, you do not need to login to Origin-this is Steam and it should directly send you to the menu screen. It also has the elements of a good game including:
-story was interesting
-many quests and diverse ways to explore
-not-as-linear (can go focusing on side quests or do whatever pleases your fancy)
-interesting art direction

Some room for improvement:
-character customization
-mod adaptation
-game length started to drag and lose a little luster

Recommendation: For people that enjoy RPG and carved world environments.
NOT for people with little patience or do not want to sink time into the game.
on March 23, 2014
So you don't have the ability to bone love interests and have kids and whatnot, who cares? This game has me hooked with the sheer amount of content it has to offer, not to mention the level of customization you are offered for you character in terms of play style. All of them have their unique quirks that make each new experience with a different character build fun and rewarding, and if you don't like going through the story to try a different build, you can reset your stats on the spot. I feel like if you really get the hang of the game mechanics and can master the use of the various skills and passive abilities you have at your disposal, the game rewards you for being a generally skilled player by letting you take on just about anything regardless of level. As a result, the game may give you this feeling that it's too easy, but I really don't mind that at all. It's expansive, it really makes you feel like "the hero" of the game by rewarding your skill, and overall it's just really fun to play. This game has been my new addiction as of late.
on August 3, 2015
I can not with a clear conscious recommend Kingdom of Amalur digital download bundle. I bought this game, downloaded it and it crashed. I contacted EA Games Customer Service, Who said I had to contact the Game Service Client which is them, "Origin"! A Customer Service Manger tried to convince me that the Spec for my PC was wrong. Then he said my Email Address was wrong. I kindly let him know he was wrong ! They would not trouble shoot the game They side stepped the issue by trying to blame it on my PC which is a PC made for Gaming and then my Email Address. EA Games would not fix or trouble shoot what was clearly a code issue on their end.The only bright spot was Amazon Customer Service Agent, Warren, who resolved the Issue Thanks Warren.
on April 14, 2014
The game being purely single player but still greatly enjoyable, provided me well over 100 hours of gameplay, something not allot of single games can claim these days.

The game is a little raw in the fact there is plenty of room for improvement, and little bugs still exist, I have faith that had the company not gone under that these things would have been fixed and received a 5 star from me.