5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!
Published 14 months ago by Daneille Root

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Christmas CD out there....
This is a good Christmas CD and all Trace Adkins' fans will enjoy it. The songs and the musical accompaniment are very good, but the songs lack the power and emotion that I have come to expect from him.
Published 12 months ago by Steven A. Staley

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, October 29, 2013
This review is from: The King's Gift (MP3 Music)
Its been a long time since I've really enjoyed a christmas cd. This was unique and very well done. I love that a country singer went out of the box and did a Celtic christmas cd. The songs chosen were very tasteful and it just all around a great cd. I've listened to it twice already today and I just purchased it. When I heard Trace was doing this cd I was skeptical how his voice would deliver but I was so wrong to question that because he did a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Christmas CD from Trace, November 2, 2013
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
I love Trace Adkins and pre-ordered the CD. I was a bit skeptic on Celtic carols. Well, I listened to it twice when I got it and I was getting in the Christmas Spirit. This is a great CD, not the run of the mill Christmas songs. It's a great mix with Trace's deep voice. If you enjoy listening to Trace, you will certainly love this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars King's Gift - by Trace Adkins, November 22, 2013
King's Gift - by Trace Adkins

When I heard a few songs from this cd, I was hooked. The cd has a refreshing sound of traditional Christmas aire to it. The cd is a 2013 release from the Country great. The album is a musical departure for the singer, featuring Celtic carols that marry American Folk music with such unusual instrumentation as weissenborn, mandolin, uilleann pipe, penny whistle, violin, viola, cello, harp and organ. According to Trace Adkins, ''This is the first Christmas record I've ever made, and I am so proud of this Christmas record, probably more proud of this than anything that I've possibly ever done with the exception of some of those really deep, profound military songs that pay tribute to heroes,'' Adkins stated in June. ''But other than that, I think, for my money, this record has more depth than anything - and it's a Christmas record. I love this record.''

I love this music as well and I echo those sentiments. If you are looking for a Christmas album that is traditional with a Celtic flare to American folk, get this album, you will not be disappointed.

Songs found in this album are:

1. Wexford Carol
8. Carol of the Drum
9. Oh Holy Night
10. What Child is This

All Songs Traditional Arrangements by Jon Coleman and Michael Spriggs

Vocalists: Trace Adkins, Sonya Isaacs, Ben Isaacs, Emma Stevens, Alyth McCormack, Lily Costner, Perry Richardson, Paul Reissner, Jon Coleman

This album was recorded in Nashville, Tennessee and is clear, bright and cheerful. Also, this is an excellent addition to your Christmas music collection. Between Trace Adkins' voice and The Chieftains adding the ambiance with music you'll be surprised at the beautiful sounds coming from this album.

This is a quality recording in every sense of the word. Just listening to these recordings, playing back through my 7.2 Blu-ray A/V system, I found the music is very pleasant, structured well and exhibit true tonal colors of the instruments. The spatial dimension is very good as you can place the position of vocals and orchestra, along the depth of the music gives the listener a full-bodied sound. The sound quality is excellent with genuine reproduction with precise depth gradation, original dynamics, and natural tonal colors. It feels as though you are at a live performance as the spatial dimension is that precise with excellent vividly real artistic performances. At first you may think they are simple melodies in the music, but upon listening several times, you begin to hear the complexities and the nuances within the music itself and they blend together well. The timbre and the sonority of the voices and orchestra are well-cast. Interestingly this disc is very well-engineered as the overall sound from the disc is indistinguishable from a live performance. You will be pleased at the overall quality of these recordings.

5.0 out of 5 stars a jewel of an album, November 12, 2013
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
I highly suspect that this will be my favorite Christmas CD of 2013. In as much as both Western Swing and Celtic make strong use of the fiddle, such a marriage seems only natural (But this is my first to hear the combo.) The focus, on Christ the King is spot on...the production, rich, inventive and powerfully masculine. Even the guitar seemed to sing bass. I closed my listen with a deep sense of contentment, even joy. (I will confess, this is my first Trace CD, now I am going back to hear what I have been missing.)

5.0 out of 5 stars King's Gift is Truly a Gift, December 1, 2013
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
First...........I adore Trace Adkins! But this was such an interesting combination of Country and Celtic; how could it miss? I am thoroughly enjoying listening to this new take on these beloved Christmas carols. You did it again, Trace!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful holiday collection from a wonderful artist., November 30, 2013
Christy (Redford, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
Superb holiday collection. We would recommend it to anyone looking to add to their collection. We've share this wonderful collection with our family on Thanksgiving and will continue to do so for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars like it -, November 10, 2013
tntntn "Tn10" (Nashville, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
very interesting sound. Good to hear something different than the usual safe choices singers make to get their share of the christmas bucks

5.0 out of 5 stars love Trace Adkins!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
Love..love..love Trace Adkins. This is a unique twist to his music and it sounds great. Will enjoy this for many years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Christmas album for 2013, January 8, 2014
This review is from: King's Gift (Audio CD)
In my opinion, the Celtic musical themes have been a little overdone in recent years, but this album really caught my attention. I learned The Wexford Carol many years ago from a Julie Andrews album. That was a symphonic implementation and I loved it. I discovered the first cut on this album is The Wexford Carol and gave it a try. WOW! I was blown away. Julie Andrews had set a standard that I never thought Trace Adkins could touch. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. To be sure, I was hooked. All the arrangements are well conceived and beautifully executed. No overproduction here. No, he's not singing with an Irish brogue, but what he does is spot on. I have always loved the fusion of styles. To be sure, Trace Adkins is a country singer, but here fused with beloved songs played with the Celtic instruments. Can't recommend this album highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trace's voice, music you could dance to, what's not to like?, December 10, 2013
LibbyLA "LibbyLA" (Baton Rouge, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The King's Gift (MP3 Music)
This and Duck the Halls are the first Christmas music I've bought in years. I have already listened to this one over and over. Every song is absolutely beautifully done. I had never heard The Wexford Carol or I Saw Three Ships but they are already new favorites. The old standard Christmas songs sound fresh and new on this album. My favorite Christmas song is The Little Drummer Boy, and the version on this album (Carol of the Drum) is my favorite, period. I'm a Trace Adkins fan and this set of Celtic music just shows a new dimension of his musical talent. Love, love, love this album.

King's Gift
King's Gift by Trace Adkins (Audio CD - 2013)