5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for new friends
For me, the most important part of a story are the characters. You can have a well thought out story line, perfect pacing, impeccable grammar, but if your characters are not alive then the story is dead. The story is driven by the characters. The words they speak, the actions they take, the interactions they have. That is where the story comes from.

That is...
Published 14 months ago by C. Glass

3.0 out of 5 stars Light, enjoyable reading
I did enjoy this book and was able to finish it in less than a day (trying to get my summer reading in before the school year starts), although I did skim through the generic descriptions of battles towards the end, knowing how it was all going to end. As some reviewers have mentioned, this book is meant to be light and fun. Don't expect deep character studies with...
Published 13 months ago by Amelia

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Stong leading character., August 15, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
I especially like the main character in this book. I enjoyed the back story and the interaction between he and the Queen and the interesting way the love interest played itself out. It was entertaining, I read it without stopping. There were some weak moments were the story didn't hold true to how I felt it should have, but they were few. Overall I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars kingslayer, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was awesome. I loved how he had to use his brain a lot more than just brute strength as demonstrated in his naval battle.

4.0 out of 5 stars A happy romp, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
Short Version: Fun story and good for someone who needs some "easy reading".

Strange Version: It's not a 5 star meal nor is it greasy bobs on the corner. This is that familiar restaurant where you get the same burger you always get from the menu from the pretty waitress who smiles at you.

It's a good book and the characters are fairly well written without being odd. The moments of crisis are resolved quickly and efficiently and the main character is a character you'll like. You won't be disappointed from reading it but neither will you think about it a day after you finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
Great read! I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I like the way the author portrayed her main character with realism and humor! Would recommend this book to anybody who like to suddenly laugh out loud and have people stare at you like your crazy as a lark!

4.0 out of 5 stars characters aplenty, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
I love fantasy books. It takes me back to my childhood with my grandmother telling me stories. This book reminded me so much of those story that I read it in one afternoon. The Kingslayer's characters are rich and well described. Rarely do I see characters that read as richly as this. I fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A First Rate Read, August 3, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Paperback)
I have just about every Weber,Drake, Ringo and Flint.. etc Book there is and I am constantly waiting for a new one. In the mean time I am seeking new authors of the same ilk. Thankfully, Kindle gives me the opportunity to do that at a reasonable amount (for the unknown authors anyway).
I think I was drawn to the KingSlayer initially because of the Name and the Cover, read a few reviews and was not overwhelmed as there was only about 9 reviews when I bought it.
The bottom line is that this is a GREAT read, never heard of the author and so I did not have much hope. However, from the git go, 4-5 pages in I was impressed. I had a few things that got in the way of finishing it (a spouse of 43 years that get tired of hearing "but honey, I'm at the BEST part"), but found myself sneaking back as fast as I could.
If you like Drake, Weber, Flint et al; read this book, not to give anything away....but I found myself reminded of the Belisarius series. It would be nice if the author could turn this into a series and there is some space left for it, however if the author never writes another word about Darius, I am FULLY satisfied. In fact I would probably say that this is going into my top 50 (of which I read once a year).
Do yourself a favor and Get it. I see that the author has a number of other books out there. Maybe....just maybe I have found another author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, August 1, 2013
Amazon Customer (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
The story immediately engaged me and I did not want to put it down! This was a perfect fantasy to escape with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book As Always, July 29, 2013
James R. Norton Sr. (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
What can I say but great book!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never been disappointed with any of Honor's books, and Kingslayer is no exception. If you have read any of my past reviews then you know I have a simple formula, good guy wins, gets the girl, kills the bad guy. As a middle aged, middle class, Caucasian, male, what more can you ask. It is very rare, at least with the books I read, that you find an author who can understand my point of view who is not of my gender. I hope that I do not upset anyone reading this but when I was younger late 60's early 70's super heroes where only found in comic books and not on the big screen. I learned to love to read at an early age and surprisingly enough my favorite book was the Lord of the Rings.

With that said, I like a book that has humor, courage, honor, and fidelity. I'm not looking for a soap opera but for escape from having to get up at 4:30 in the morning and driving an hour to get to work only to get back home at 5:30 at night and have to go to bed in a couple of hours and start it all over again. I don't want to read about the gender issues, life partners, or infidelity. I'm 52, married to the same woman for 32 years, and a father of 4 with grandchildren on the way. My three son's have served in Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf and I have lived numerous years in the middle east and have experienced live gun fire and explosions. I get Darius; I just wish that I could be more like him. He does what is right no matter what the personal cost to himself. Read the book, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., July 29, 2013
Kathy A. Saxe (Newalla, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down; however, I did feel the queen was owed the full story of why he killed his former king.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read in years! '', July 27, 2013
This review is from: Kingslayer (Kindle Edition)
I recommend this book to everybody that loves a book that's so good you actually get upset when you finish reading it! I usually prefer a book with a least a little magic in it but this book has proved to me that magic is not a necessary ingredient for FANTASTIC book!

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›