1,898 Reviews
 (1,379)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston quality, massive storage, what's not to love?
There are some things to consider before buying this particular card or any other 32gb SDHC card on the market:

1. This is NOT an ideal card for a digital SLR like a D80, D90, Rebel XT, etc... That is because it is a class 4 device. The class of a SDHC cards has to do with how fast they read and write files, not how much storage they have. For a digital SLR,...
Published on December 2, 2008 by Nathan Beauchamp

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable - Disappearing Pictures
I had this card in a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 camera for about a month, and in that time the card experienced a "read error" on three separate occasions that resulted in all the pictures currently on the card disappearing. I called Panasonic customer service and the first question they asked was what brand card I had. When I told them Kingston, they advised me to get a new card,...
Published on December 12, 2008 by A. Rennier

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be swayed by idiot customers.., February 25, 2008
Bryon Chang (San Gabriel, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The Kingston 4gb SDHC memory card, like all other Kingston products, is an exceptional piece of equipment. I use it with my Canon SD1000 and I get nothing but blazing fast write times and no headaches. Make sure your device supports SDHC because if not, it will not work. This is a key reason why people are left "unsatisfied" by what they get, not because of the product, but because they did not do their homework.

Buyers, you should really take note that, most reviews on any site about not only Kingston, but other great brands, is heavily altered by idiot customers leaving comments to attack the site that sold them the items. So don't quickly judge an product based on how many stars it has, because honestly, you cannot take that into consideration unless you have read every review posted.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAILED after two days - AVOID THIS !!, March 21, 2010
Bought this memory card along with Kodak digital camera. Worked fine for first day, however I was at my daughter's track meet when the thing just quit working -- Camera indicated an error and told me the card needed re-formating (of course I would lose all pictures at that point). Tried to re-format the card and that failed as well !! Luckily there was a store nearby where I could quickly run over and buy another memory card so I could capture pictures of my daughter. I've had several other memory cards by various manufacturers and not one of them ever failed. This card is junk!! The last thing you ever want to happen is your camera memory card to flame out on you, losing all captured pictures and be left stranded with just the internal memory available. DO NOT TRUST THIS CARD !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value at $22, December 3, 2007
The price of the SD4/4GB card jumps around a lot here. It is a great value at $22. Not so hot at $40. Wait a while and it may go down again. Note that only newer SD devices can use the 4GB SDHC cards. Older cameras, etc. can only use regular SD cards up to 2GB. If you're not sure, check your owner's manual or contact your manufacturer. Also, older SD card readers will not work with SDHC cards, but SDHC card readers are available for about $10 on amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain, and didn't fill up after 1000 pics!, January 21, 2009
This review is from: Kingston 16 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/16GB (Personal Computers)
I like our point and shoot camera to be low thought-low effort (big SD card, high capacity rechargeable battery, reliable point and shoot performance, etc.), and this 16 gig card coupled with our Canon SD770 has been a great combination. Almost 1000 pics on our vacation to Punta Cana, and the card wasn't filled (I could do the math, but I don't want to).

The card has been reliable, worked fine in a card reader, and I'd make the purchase again. I can't believe this little card holds 1000's of times more information than information storage from only a short time ago, and cost me ~$20. Amazing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage! (literally), January 18, 2011
A User (Southern CA) - See all my reviews
This card does not work in my Canon Powershot camera. I get an error message saying that the card is locked, even though the toggle switch on the card is clearly in the "unlocked" position. I have googled the problem and tried everything I found online to resolve the issue, but in the end determined that the card is defective.

Although I spent very little on this card, I might as well have thrown my money away. The card does not work, and it costs almost as much to ship it back as it I spent on it (less than a dollar difference, and not worth my time to print a shipping label, package it up, and take it to the post office). So in the garbage can it goes- what a waste!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy!, November 30, 2010
I purchased the Kingston 4GB memory card at the same time as I bought the Wolverine slide converter. The memory card was not recognized by the converter. It was also unusable by my Nikon camera and SanDisk card reader. I returned the memory card for replacement. The people at Amazon were excellent. I had a new memory card in a few days. My new Kingston memory card was also a piece of junk. Again, I returned the card; this time for a refund. Again, the system at Amazon worked flawlessly and I was given credit very quickly for my returned card. May-be I simply got into a bad batch of memory cards from Kingston, but I don't plan to purchase that brand ever again in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great card for the price, plus frustration free packaging is amazing, January 6, 2010
If you need a solid, non-flashy card for your digital camera, you can't go wrong with Kingston. I've had them for 10 years in various devices and I've only had a problem caused by the camera itself. Kingston, to their credit and their amazing warranty, replaced it quickly. I couldn't find a receipt for it, but they replaced it no problem. That's great service.

The card is rated as a Class 4 card, so it can handle greater than writes of 4 Mb/s to the card. For photography, it doesn't matter unless you're using a high-end digital SLR (writing large files is an annoyance.) If you plan on filming video, the card should be fine for AVHCD lite (720p HD) but when in doubt, go for the faster (Class 6 or higher) SDHC cards. I have one of these cards for a Canon Powershot G10 shooting 15mb RAW files, and it works flawlessly.

The Amazon Frustration-Free packaging is another benefit. One of the things I hate about getting memory cards is that shrink wrapped plastic. If you're like me, you grab the nearest sharpest object to open those plastic clamshells and try to open it in such a way where you don't injure yourself. Instead, it's eco friendly AND I don't have to worry about the off-chance I'll injure myself, turning a $13 card into an expensive emergency room visit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the fastest, but fast enough, July 3, 2007
J. Nelson "jerry-va" (Trapped Inside the Beltway, DC) - See all my reviews
The new High Density family of Secure Digital memory cards come in 3 speeds, SDHD2, HD4 and HD6. So this "SD4" card isn't the fastest, but if you combine SD4 speeds with a move from USB 1.0 to USB 2.0 cameras, guess what? My new 7 megapix files download to the PC faster than my old 3 Mpix shots did. So kill yourself if you want to, looking for a class 6 card and pay a premium for it, or go to an off-brand card at less cost that claims to be even faster than 6 but may break down or hang up, or just get this and repeat softly to yourself, "Better is the enemy of good enough".

1.0 out of 5 stars Will never buy Kinston sd cards ever again!, June 12, 2010
Never had any problems with sd cards, until I ordered this one. All of the pictures I have taken using this card are now gone. None of my 6 computers(or 2 other cameras)can read what's on the card. I have tried everything and started to think that something might be wrong with my camera. Went out and got another SD card, different brand, no problems what-so-ever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke Less than 4 months Later, February 28, 2011
Had no issues with this memory card until this morning when I tried to remove it from my camera and a small piece of the corner plastic broke off. I have never been rough with it - just normal once a week usage. Thought this chipped off piece wouldn't be an issue for readability but when I put it in my PC to upload recent photos: BOOM! "No memory card found!" I've tried to see if the card would be recognized in through a PC, Mac, memory card reader and in my camera... no luck. Pretty bummed these photos can't be recovered.